Double buggy! anyone have a Bugaboo Donkey??

Bumblebee2408

Mummy to 2, pregnant with #3
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My 1st will be 15-16 months when our 2nd baby is born!

So we're looking for a good double. That's going to last us.

We looked at the oyster max and personally when two seats were on the 2nd seat looked very close to the front one to be comfortable (although I'm probably wrong).

Took a look at the icandy peach 3 looks fab, handles wonderfully. Our only bug bear is the seat size. Our 10 month old fits comfortably in the seat now so unsure how long it would last?? He is quite tall though.

We've looked at the bugaboo donkey and it's looks fantastic, handles well but with it being a side by side we're worried how we'll get around living in the country. Towns near here usually have old buildings so doorways could be an issue. However bar this issue we love it..... Anyone have one that can shed some light on what they think.

Ps any other doubles that people think might be good let me know I'm still hunting for a good one!! Any one with any experience with any of the above buggies let me know your reviews.

Thank you in advance!!

We've looooved the donkey! One thing I would suggest doing is measuring doorways of shops/offices that you commonly use, and then compare them to the measurements of the donkey (we did that!). Then you will know if that is an issue (it wasn't for us - but we live in the US).

I loved the donkey but was out our price range.
I had the cosatto supa dupa. It was great as fit through standard doors. However the seats are narrower than other doubles. This was fine as my daughter (15months when ds was born) was petite. I loved it though.
I wish id seen the baby jogger city select double when buying one before as I tested it out and fell in love with it. WIll be getting it if we decide on a double this time round (going to wait til nearer due date to see if ds will need buggy a lot)

I chose between the bugaboo donkey and the stokke crusi, I feel the bugaboo is too big plus my friend sold hers as it was a pain to put up and down so we went for the crusi it arrives next week!

Have you looked into the mountain buggy duet? It's the smallest width wise side by side on the market 63cm wide compared to 74cm of the donkey duo. Also you can have a carrycot and a seat option so that if you wanted new baby facing you you can. Also it's a fraction of the price of a donkey.

https://mountainbuggy.com/uk/Products/buggies/duet#.VU-w_mK9KK0

The donkey was out of my price range and we will probably only need a double for a short time so I've got a britax b dual. I liked how a carry cot can be used with toddler in the second seat, it's light for a tandem and because they are discontinued they can be picked up at a bargain price. I paid £140 new plus £56 for the second seat and £40 for the carry cot. I like britax car seats so it suits me that they can be used with no adapters. Maxi cosi can be used with adapters.

Oooh bite the bullet thats an idea!! My friend had a b dual a few years ago and said it was good.... So may have a look xx

Everyone else checked the side by side doubles won't fit in the boot :-( the donkey would just only cause the frame gets smaller...... We have a fiat punto not the biggest boot ever xx

Seen the baby jogger city select recently 16 different options!!

We've chatted and a tandem seems better for us just so we can manage with the car etc.

Anyone know anything about the city selects??

Phil and teds Dot. I haven't seen it in person, only online. It's ideal for baby and toddler xx

We were given the donkey as a gift... have to say its a nice ride! So smooth!!!!! However, we live where doorways basically all are wheelchair width so we normally don't have a problem. What we like is it goes from bassinet (and we also bought the double car seat adapter because we have twins), and then in seat mode. But you can have one side bassinet and one side seat mode. And you can make the seat face forwards or backwards. The storage space is sorta hard to access, maybe cause I am tallish. And I have trouble collapsing it so I just put it right up into my minivan ready to go... We definitely like it, but wouldn't have bought it ourselves. What my favorite is we go for park walks and it is super nice. We have a double bob for rougher terrain like hiking.
City select double is another nice option.

I have a city select and I really like it. I love the different seat position options and that both children can actually see, rather than a lot of doubles where there is a seat at the bottom and that child is just looking at the back of the other seat. The seats are roomy too, my DS was in it until he was 2.5 and wasn't squished at all.

I had a b dual and hated it. It is so big and heavy! Ridiculous mud guards on the wheels that knock things over in shops too! Bought an icandy instead and I adore it, best pram ever!

my twins are in a bugaboo donkey and i love it, unless you shop in boutique style shops you should get in every door way as its no wider than an adult wheelchair.

I've got a phil and teds navigator, The second seat is one of those where you're staring at the first seat but that didn't bother me when considering the whole thing. It pushes so nicely even with two heavy kids and is very compact.

I have a Phil & Ted Navigator and when baby is a newborn my toddler can go on the front and then when baby #2 is bigger the 2nd seat will be on the bottom but I think by then DS will be walking more and only using it when he is tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->