double prams

amylou1992

Reaction score
can anyone recomend any double prams? ive got a 5 month old who will be just over a year old when next one is born, im wanting to view a few different prams before hand so i can find one im 100% happy with.

preferable tandem ones as its hard enough 2 get a single through shop doors where i am let alone a double, side by side.

any suggestions please :)

I've just bought a Jane Powertwin from eBay for £200, immaculate condition with brand new seat covers, 2 footmuffs & changing bag - there's some really great deals out there!

we just got a phil and teds, love it. lovely to push, lighter than some of the other ones on the market and as it can be used as a single or a double it's that little bit more versitle. still i've only had the one double pram, so there are probably others out there. I did have a good look around kiddicare though and it seemed the best for us.

I wish I knew the answer! I've been looking and researching for months and still can't decide.

I have to have my baby rearfacing, so that leaves me with little choice. Would love love love the baby jogger select double, I've been to see it and it's everything I want but I just can't afford it :(

I've never liked side by sides, because like you it's hard to get in places where I live but I might just have to only shop at the big supermarkets whilst they're both in the pram.

Oh Faerie - thats the one I'm looking at - is it super expensive? Got a bug cameleon at the moment so would be selling that to soften the blow :haha: but the babyjogger seems amazing....

Oh Faerie - thats the one I'm looking at - is it super expensive? Got a bug cameleon at the moment so would be selling that to soften the blow :haha: but the babyjogger seems amazing....

Well, over here for everything it's about €950, and I can't find it much cheaper in the UK. It's stupid things like it doesn't come with bumper bars, you have to buy them seperately - stupid!! However, I've tried it out and it really is lovely... DH was sold, until he saw the price :rofl:

i'd recommend jane powertwin.
i had baby jogger,icandy,britax,p&t,maclaren,mutsy you name it i had it and i think the best one was jane. dream to push and not heavy or huge as most people weem to think.

I've looked into the Jane Power twin and its nearly 5kg heavier than the Phil and Teds!

went to mothercare 2day n had a look at the phil an teds buggys, only had 2 there, i know one was the vibe but not sure wether other was classic or sport.....

i liked the vibe, nice padded seas but it looked larger than the other......might take a trip to kiddie care one day cause im sure that have more choice.

went to mothercare 2day n had a look at the phil an teds buggys, only had 2 there, i know one was the vibe but not sure wether other was classic or sport.....

i liked the vibe, nice padded seas but it looked larger than the other......might take a trip to kiddie care one day cause im sure that have more choice.

We went to Kiddicare last week to look at the double buggies - spent most of the time looking at the phil & teds ones lol! The staff seem really helpful there and they spent ages showing us how the pushchair folds up and down etc etc They have on show the vibe, the sport and the classic.

I think the phil and ted double strollers are ingenious so sleek and don't take up loads of room on the pavement etc, think when baba number 2 time comes we'll go for one like this.

P&T is lighter than Jane buy you cant see your newborn,whereas with jane you can have a car seat facing you and when you push the pram it feels weightless.
It's amazing on ALL terrains too.
P&T is great for two toddlers and it really is compact, but i think very 'cheapy'looking you can see all the metal things on Sport model and their harnesses are very busy it just doesn't look nice at all.
but it's light,has big seats and is no bigger then a single.

I can't stand the P&T because I'm obsessed with having my baby facing me, I cannot imagine not having that interaction. Also I've seen loads around here with the fabric all broken, apparently that's mostly a problem with the sport.

yeah i was looking at parent faceing tandems and i only found one that i liked which was the obaby zoom but when i mesured it, it seemed like a bus !!

It's really hard :( I am just pretending I don't need one at the moment, too much stress!

I went and looked at teh Zoom and it didn't feel "that" long, but then I don't have to use public transport much. I read a review saying it's the same size as the jane powertwin just when you've got the carrycot on it sticks out which makes it seem longer.

Tried a pegperrego the other day, now that was a monster train! Could harldy move the bloody thing. At least the zoom is nice to push.

Ooh I been playing pram pushing in John Lewis :blush: :blush:

It's made my mind up - I LOVED the babyjogger city select :thumbup: Had a good play round with it and love the fact that one bubba can face you whilst the bigger one faces forwards and they can face each other, wasn't too much longer than my pram now and worth the extra length imo as it seems a much nicer ride for both children.

...runs off to find stuff to flog to buy pram..... :haha:

i foudn this on another thread yesterday, and through it was well good to show simularites and stuff....https://www.jussy.plus.com/CS&P/CSP.html

I've got the baby jogger city select and I love it!!! only have one seat for our lo at the moment but bought it for the reason we can put the extra seat on when lo2 comes along and not have another huge purchase, just the extra seat!! I didn't find it any more expensive than some of the other prams on market....

I bought mine from a shop in york, c k buggies, and they did me a good deal on it. I'd recommend them to call and get a price quote if you want one, but better hurry as they're backordered everywhere!!! I'm still waiting on my maxi cosi car seat adapter but o well!!

good luck! x

Oh I am sooo jealous, I want the baby jogger city select baaadly!!

Ooh I been playing pram pushing in John Lewis :blush: :blush:

It's made my mind up - I LOVED the babyjogger city select :thumbup: Had a good play round with it and love the fact that one bubba can face you whilst the bigger one faces forwards and they can face each other, wasn't too much longer than my pram now and worth the extra length imo as it seems a much nicer ride for both children.

...runs off to find stuff to flog to buy pram..... :haha:

Hmm, wonder if DH would notice if his sound system went missing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->