• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double Trouble! Expectant Twin Mums - Spring 2012

Hey everyone, just a quick update everything here on my end has been going great.
Xmas was fantastic and now I can rest lots! I had my daughters birthday on the 3rd, OH's birthday on the 7th then xmas, its been a very busy month and I ma so glad it is all finally over :D

I have my scan in 4 more sleeps, can't wait to see them again and find out what we are having, will update as soon as I can.

I was hoping to get a 20 week bump picture up but one of my kiddies has taken the camera out of the case and stashed it somewhere, I didn't even have it for xmas yesterday! :( Hopefully it turns up soon, bit gutted that I have missed this weeks.

Hey ladies im having one of each due 3rd May and they will be our first xx

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join you. I am expecting twins on June 2, although my doctor has already told me he will deliver the babies once I get to 37 weeks, so they will be here the 2nd week of May. I had an u/s today and it looks like I am expecting twin girls! I went to get a body pillow tonight and couldn't help but pick up some clothes for my girls.

Has anyone thought about what travel system you are going to get? Dh and I have started looking but having twins has made that process a little more difficult.

HI MICHELLE!! Twin girls thats awesome!! I 2 am having twin girls due the 2nd week of May :cloud9:

Hi Everyone!!!
Loving the new people joining us!
We have had some great family time and now eagerly awaiting our 20w scan in a couple weeks time...
Travel system wise we already have the Baby Jogger City Select from our first and was just going to get an extra seat for lo#2 but now with it being twins I really fancy getting a baby jogger city mini double...(as already have a single and love this buggy too!!)

Starting to get quite anxious with how much our life will change with 3 lo's under 2 (lo#1 will be just under 2). I do offset the anxiousness with lots of excitement, but I'm still worried how I will cope with it all. :( Like today we went out shopping to Ikea and a retail park and I was just like, how would we do this with 3?? and I love shopping... well off to get a bit of rest! x

Happy New Year All!

How is everyone feeling? I've been having more pelvic pain the more I do. Over Christmas we rented the local ice rink and had family skating time. I was out there skating on the ice for about an hour, and I paid for it after with a really sore pelvic area. (I normally play ice hockey twice a week, so no worries about just do a bit of recreational skating while pregnant). Then I went out with my 4 year old for an hour and helped him build a snow fort today, again sore.... I guess it's just a fact of how it will go. Doesn't mean I like it...

I go for my next u/s this Thursday. I'm hoping that the babies will be more cooperative this time around and let us know the gender. fingers crossed.

Hi Everyone!!!
We have had some great family time and now eagerly awaiting our 20w scan in a couple weeks time...
Travel system wise we already have the Baby Jogger City Select from our first and was just going to get an extra seat for lo#2 but now with it being twins I really fancy getting a baby jogger city mini double...(as already have a single and love this buggy too!!)

Starting to get quite anxious with how much our life will change with 3 lo's under 2 (lo#1 will be just under 2). I do offset the anxiousness with lots of excitement, but I'm still worried how I will cope with it all. :( Like today we went out shopping to Ikea and a retail park and I was just like, how would we do this with 3?? and I love shopping... well off to get a bit of rest! x

Hi!! The baby jogger city select is amazing!! My friend has it with her twins and I am getting it as well for my little girls. It is so easy to use.

Do you have family that lives by you to help when the babies arrive? I think putting the babies on a good schedule will help you handle all 3. You will do great!! :thumbup: Also a night nurse would be of great help. We are looking into that. A lot of my friends that have twins say it is a life saver. They are actual nurses so they know how to handle a baby.

Hi Everyone!!!

Hi!! The baby jogger city select is amazing!! My friend has it with her twins and I am getting it as well for my little girls. It is so easy to use.

Do you have family that lives by you to help when the babies arrive? I think putting the babies on a good schedule will help you handle all 3. You will do great!! :thumbup: Also a night nurse would be of great help. We are looking into that. A lot of my friends that have twins say it is a life saver. They are actual nurses so they know how to handle a baby.

The city select is amazing, I agree, but with 3 I think it might be easier to have the twins side by side...o well, will get the spare seat for the select first unless I find a bargain on the double...

and no family near us... dh's family live about 3 hours away and don't seem too interested with our son so don't know how it will change when the twins come... plus fil doesn't talk to me (he's a bit strange) so it's just easier when they're not here...and my mum is in the states and I'm in the UK :cry::cry: she is coming over for a month or so to help when they are born but then she has to go back and then it is just me and dh (who is super helpful- but will only have 2 weeks paternity) But we will cope!! just might be a struggle for a while! will have to look into night nurse idea! xx

Hey ladies, I haven't posted for a while! I had my scan and babies are good both were measuring a week ahead and the one on the lower left is a boy! and they think the one on the upper right is a girl :D The umbilical cord was between the legs but the tech could not see a willy at all so unless it was hiding it looks like we are having one of each.

I'm getting that pelvic pain too, but I have made myself est a lot more than the lead up to xmas so I don't notice it as much. After the scan was agony I could barely walk and the tech kinda laughed and said "ohh gee yeah that does hurt and its only going to get worse" It was because i had been laying on my back for a really long time.

The babies kick heaps too! The boy moves his hands more I can feel the tickles round by my bladder ad he was head down so I am sure thats his hands there and the girl kicks so hard and is such a little monkey!!

That night nurse thing sounds wonderful!! we will have OH's family coming up to stay but they wanted to stay at our house for 2 weeks and I thought that would be too much as including our kids and my friend that would be 12 people in our house and that is likely to drive me mad. We came up with a solution that they stay here the first week while I am in hospital and a few days after when I return home but then they can stay at the cottage for a week and visit, and then come back to stay here a week after.

Hope everyone is doing well, we go back for a follow up scan cos one baby wouldn't show us her spine and the other baby his heart! Hopefully we get that done in about a week or two :D

I'm off for my next scan today. Here's hoping babies are still doing well, and that they let us take a peek and see what the gender is!

Hey ladies, I haven't posted for a while! I had my scan and babies are good both were measuring a week ahead and the one on the lower left is a boy! and they think the one on the upper right is a girl :D The umbilical cord was between the legs but the tech could not see a willy at all so unless it was hiding it looks like we are having one of each.

I'm getting that pelvic pain too, but I have made myself est a lot more than the lead up to xmas so I don't notice it as much. After the scan was agony I could barely walk and the tech kinda laughed and said "ohh gee yeah that does hurt and its only going to get worse" It was because i had been laying on my back for a really long time.

The babies kick heaps too! The boy moves his hands more I can feel the tickles round by my bladder ad he was head down so I am sure thats his hands there and the girl kicks so hard and is such a little monkey!!

That night nurse thing sounds wonderful!! we will have OH's family coming up to stay but they wanted to stay at our house for 2 weeks and I thought that would be too much as including our kids and my friend that would be 12 people in our house and that is likely to drive me mad. We came up with a solution that they stay here the first week while I am in hospital and a few days after when I return home but then they can stay at the cottage for a week and visit, and then come back to stay here a week after.

Hope everyone is doing well, we go back for a follow up scan cos one baby wouldn't show us her spine and the other baby his heart! Hopefully we get that done in about a week or two :D

Family help is always appreciated but I agree 2 much of it can get frustrating. Our moms will help during the day and a nurse if we can get one I like at night. Not every day it depends on if I need the help from our moms. I want time with my girls myself and with my DH you know.

I'm off for my next scan today. Here's hoping babies are still doing well, and that they let us take a peek and see what the gender is!

Good luck!!! I am sure they are doing great!!

I had my first real kick the other day. I was feeling little pushes on and off and thought ok maybe that is one of them and then KICK!! IT MADE ME JUMP!! I hope it starts becoming more consistant and that they both start kicking me. I have only felt that one kick the other baby has yet to give me a hard kick :cloud9:

Oh that must feel wonderful! Fingers crossed they both start up some regular hard kicks for ya :D

I just felt mine kick on the outside twice! and it was really hard too. I have felt it once before a couple of weeks ago but this was a definate thud, it was awesome, I hope they do it more or that we can time it right so OH and the kids can feel them.

and yeah I definitely appreciate the family help, I am just a bit worried about how I will take to them being here all the time. The nana will help out, shes wonderful and lovely but the MIL, I dunno......lol MIL's eh.

Hope everyone is doing well :D

Well it looks like we are having two girls! I really thought I was having one of both, so have to adjust to the news. I am happy no matter what. So I will have three girls and one boy. I guess my little guy will always be spoiled... lol

Yah, I've been feeling them kick for about a week now. Just felt them from the outside yesterday. Can't wait till it's more consistent so my hubby can feel as well. :)

Hey everyone! Happy new year! Glad all the silly season is over! Hope you are all surviving!

Was just reading through the posts and the last few made me smile. I was really looking forward to feeling them move which was great when it happened. I must tell you though, I had a few teary moments recently when I have been in pain or uncomfortable and they won't stop kicking and moving for what seems like an hour plus. I'm getting some really low down ones now as well that make me feel like I am going to trump but it's not. I have got really good movement in the outside which looks like something from a horror film!

If they won't let me go past 36 and I don't have them naturally before it means I only have 12 weeks left!!!!!:happydance:

Girls thats amazing congrats!!!!

WOW 12 weeks how lucky!! I CAN'T WAIT till we find out when they want me to deliver. I am hoping for 36-37 weeks as long as they are ready to come out. They said they wont let me go past 38 weeks. Babies are ready to come at 36 weeks I was told so in my opinion if they are ready to come out and will be healthy why not have them at 36-37 weeks.

Starting a pre-natal aquafit class today.. Here's hoping I can still walk after. I am hoping that doing some gentle water exercise will help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey ladies! Hope you're all well. Been having really bad period pain so got checked out. Turns out that twin 1 aka the little lad is head down and extremely low. The midwife tried to listen to the heart beat and had to hover just above my pubic bone to find it. She said my that is low! She explained that they hear the heart through the back of the shoulder and then pointed out that there is also a head below that as well. No wonder I'm in pain! Looks like he is trying to make a dash for the exit! She checked my cervix and did the protien swab to make sure I wasn't going to go into labour which was negative thankfully. Legs crossed from now on! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->