DR.APPT RESULTS/CONSULATION HAVE Questions.. NEED HELP!!

StephHastings

TTC Baby #2 With PCOS
Reaction score
Ok.. So here it is... I am overweight and I have PCOS and the DOC wants to see my loose like 20lbs. He says the reason I am not getting pregnant is because my BMI is thru the roof. He has up'd my metformin to 1500 MG as opposed to 1000mg and This is my last round of clomid 5-9 at 150MG. So both meds have been up'd. He says what he will do after I loose weight is start again with CLOMID and some kind of shots.. and Do an ultra sound. I am hoping that this last round of clomid will work for me.. as both doses are up now. If not i feel its gonna be a long road. and a costly one at that.. We are praying hard for June and that we conceive.He also refered me to a Weight Loss Clinic to help me get started in loosing weight. I know I can do this, I have done this before on my own. He says if I can loose 20lbs he will help me get pregnant. FX for CLOMID this month.. Is anyone on 1500MG of Metformin and 150MG Clomid with a success story and any thoughts????

He says your BMI is through the roof but you only need to loose 20 pounds? That sounds crazy to me.

If you were told to loose 100 pounds, I might say that it could affect your fertility. But, 20? No way.

BTW, I know it's uncommon, but my girlfriend is morbidly obese (medical terminology, I would never call her that) and she conceived very easily, twice. There's more to it than weight.

Good luck to you!

I have PCOS and my doctor told me I need to lose weight too. I'm about 5'5" and my weight fluctuates between 145-165 (i think due to hormones?) And I am very active. She constantly tells me that I need to lose weight and it's affecting my fertility. I know plenty of girls who are larger than me who have had no problems conceiving...personally I wonder if it's just something doctors say so you can't blame them when their treatments aren't working.

I used to weight 210. I got down too 125 and my doctors said I was too thin and unhealthy...now I'm too fat. I don't think there is any happy medium!

I think exercising and eating well is always beneficial when ttc, but being active and eating balanced meals doesn't always mean you are skinny...

Getting to a healthy weight is always sound advice, but I agree that it seems unlikely that it's the golden ticket. But, then, I have also read posts from ladies on here that have lost a few lbs and felt that it was indeed the key. I guess what I'm trying to say is, making health a goal is smart. But if you have your doubts, a second opinion might be good, too.

I don't know how overweight you are, but this website has interesting information:

https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/firstindex.html

I have heard & read that losing just a small amount of weight can boost your fertility so what the dr is saying makes sense in that regard.

I am overweight, and I was only about 15 lbs lighter I think when I conceived my first child. This DOC was all about weight weight weight.. I agree, I have read where people that are much heavier than have conceived with no problem. I wonder if I should get a 2nd opinion?? That might now be a bad idea.. Thanks for all the wonderful advice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->