Dr says i dont have long left to have children!

I went to see my GP today actually and was half expecting to be told off for ttc at 43, but she was surprisingly positive!
She did point out that fertility drops to about 5% at the age of 35 and that it gets more difficult, but she basically said - you'll be pregnant before you know it!
She was positive because there is no weight issue, no smoking or drinking and both OH and me have had two children before - so "the plumbing works".
(and he is 10 years my junior).

It was nice to hear the doc being so positive, but I have read the statistics and that's why I went to have my blood tested.

GL to all of us! =) :flower:

I'm not TTC, but the thread title caught my attention. There are younger people whose chances decrease. I'm only 25, almost 26 and was told if I didn't conceive by March, it would be my last chance, but to be fair, I got diagnosed with a disorder. I wasn't told that I'm too old!

I'm 29 and have had 2 GPs and a Gyno tell me I have nothing to worry about because I'm so young and have plenty of time. 1 GP agreed to start some testing if I wasn't pregnant within 10 months but only because I have endometriosis. The others said we need to try for at least 12 months. The Gyno said we would investigate sooner if I was older but as I'm so young I have plenty of time... Can't believe what your dr told you is so different :huh:

I guess I shouldn't actually be that surprised... Different Drs are always contradicting each other and then looking surprised when you dare to question "ah well your colleague in the next room told me the opposite...":dohh: I actually had a dr tell me that only 20% of healthy couples ttc will be pregnant in a year... Say whaaat! "Are you sure you don't mean 20% each month?" Oh no definitely not she says only 20% in a year... Needless to say she is no longer my GP

Sorry for the long rant and going completely off topic :blush:

I know what your mean, i went and saw 3 dr's about my mental health and they all told me im fine, i went seriously downhill went back and saw another dr who referred me to the hospital and was there within a week, stupid mental health problems i wouldnt have got so bad if they have had listened to me in the first place.

I know what your mean, i went and saw 3 dr's about my mental health and they all told me im fine, i went seriously downhill went back and saw another dr who referred me to the hospital and was there within a week, stupid mental health problems i wouldnt have got so bad if they have had listened to me in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had to go through that Hun :hugs: It can be so difficult to ask for help when you have a mental health issue that its kinda disgraceful that they didn't take you seriously and offer you some, especially 3 different different drs! I always consult dr google now before I visit real drs so I'm armed with enough info and can ask lots of questions, especially if they brush you off. I've found some drs can appreciate this and others don't. I only ever go back to the former... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->