Dr says i dont have long left to have children!

OhTheJoy

Reaction score
I went to see my dr when i had my chemical (very understanding about my mental health problems etc) told him we are TTC'ing and he agreed im fine to do this, i just need to keep an eye on things with my mental health.
I asked about if i dont get pregnant how long i need to wait etc.

He advised me to come back in 3-6 months if its not happened and look into treatment after 12 months as i dont have much time left to have children :dohh:
I was gobsmacked to this im only 28, yes im starting later than most people but what? im getting old at 28 :nope:

Good job i shrugged it off lol has anyone else had something like this said to them?

I would get a second opinion, cause I'm 28 years old and I have mental health issues too and my doctor didn't say anything about me not being able to have a baby if trying on my own doesn't work... She is actually putting me on Clomid in 2 months cause right now I'm on Provera.. I don't ovulate and my periods are every 72 days!! You aren't to old to have a baby.. Don't let them tell you that... Your still in your 20s..

Yeah it was a bit of a off hand comment, he is a brilliant dr with my problems, but a little stark when it came to me getting pregnant lol

Ha!! I guess it depends on his definition of 'long'. You have more time than sooooo many people. I am 25, does that mean I am only 3 years off not having 'long' to go?

Pffft. You have like 10 years. And going by the 12 month before treatment thing, you would only be 29- in your 20's.

Don't worry about time left at all.

My friend was 27 and got told it wouldn't be easy as her baby making days were past her!

Well I feel practically ancient now TTC my first at 31! :rofl: That's crazy, you have plenty of time!

Seriously?!! im 27 and people just LOVE to tell me how much time i Do have, and "im so young...you have plenty of time...stop rushing...be patient...enjoy your time with your husband" blah blah blah!!!! i hate those comments!!!

From what I have read your chances start decreasing at age 35

I read an article somewhere that says women have early menopause these day (even early 30s in some cases!) and that it is best to have kids by 27-28. That said, I do know tons of people zho have had kids well into their 30s who didn't have any issues so I wouldn't worry too much. Fingers xd for you! :)

I think that was quite an insensitive thing to say really! Every fertility book I have on my shelf says 35 is the age when fertility starts to decrease, and even then it only says STARTS! I shouldnt worry yourself too much. I am sure there are plenty of ladies on here who are testament to the fact that pregnancy can and will be achieved well into your 30s!!!

Good luck xxxx

Im in a similar but opposite predicament, Im 24 (just turned) and my OH is 45 (just turned) I have PCOS and don't ovulate alone, Im constantly getting told (oh there's plenty of time your still young) but my OH isnt and even though men can "go forever" he does actually want to enjoy his potential child and not be too old.

Isnt it annoying when your whole future/world is in the hands of a doctor !!! grrr

xx

A family member of mine had a baby at 39 and another at 42..Youre definetly not too old

I read that fertility starts decreasing after 30, but kind of dramatically around 35...

I will see how the next 12 months go *hopefully* i will be pregnant before 10th Dec (which is when my chemical baby would have been due) if not i will go see him about treatment and as usual it will be put down to my weight lol yes im 19 stone, i used to be over 21 stone, so its coming off just slowly :)

My stepmom conceived my sister at the age of 42. If you are meant to have a child, you will. Screw what the doctors (and "science") tell you. They don't know as much as they think they do. I'm 32 and I'm trying to have a baby. I'm overweight though so I don't think I ovulate every month so it may take me awhile and I'm feeling the pressure a little only because of the supposed fact that after 35 it gets harder to have children.

I feel really acienct now. I had my daughter at 37, and TTC # 5 at 39. My sister delivered a healthy baby girl last year at 42.

I remember my doctor after I hit 26 each year would be like 'So...your getting closer to 30 have you thought about having children?' lol and it would frustrate me because at 26 I didn't feel old, but the only reason she even ever said anything was because apparently all your really really good eggs are in your 20's and after your 30's they aren't as good as a quality or something like that.

I was just reading a post about a lady who is in her late 20's and had testing done, the result being her fertility was more like someone in their late 30's. Guess our biological ages have something to do with it too...

I'm 29 and have had 2 GPs and a Gyno tell me I have nothing to worry about because I'm so young and have plenty of time. 1 GP agreed to start some testing if I wasn't pregnant within 10 months but only because I have endometriosis. The others said we need to try for at least 12 months. The Gyno said we would investigate sooner if I was older but as I'm so young I have plenty of time... Can't believe what your dr told you is so different :huh:

I guess I shouldn't actually be that surprised... Different Drs are always contradicting each other and then looking surprised when you dare to question "ah well your colleague in the next room told me the opposite...":dohh: I actually had a dr tell me that only 20% of healthy couples ttc will be pregnant in a year... Say whaaat! "Are you sure you don't mean 20% each month?" Oh no definitely not she says only 20% in a year... Needless to say she is no longer my GP

Sorry for the long rant and going completely off topic :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->