Dr wants to schedule my C sec already wtf?

Jcliff

Reaction score
He said he wants to do it Jan 26th (my bday). Isn't this alittle too early?????? And I'm not sure I want my kids bday the same as mine, I feel bad for he/she lol

May be he's giving it to you a bit like a due date would he given? Surprised for this reason that it's then not given to you at 12 week scan but fair enough! I'm sure enearer the time that date will change??? Say your busy that day :haha:

I wish mine would schedule this early so I can plan!! She won't schedule it until around 30 weeks.

I hate they aren't even giving me the vbac option. This is my last baby I really wanted to try

Can you find a different provider that would let you try? Maybe consider a midwife or a VBAC supportive OB? I'm in a natural birth support group on facebook and they are always recommending the ICAN website to search for VBAC supportive providers. They always say that there is a difference between a VBAC tolerant and VBAC supportive provider, so to know which you're dealing with. It sounds like you have neither lol

If it's something you really want, then I would definitely consider your options :)

My doctor scheduled mine around 30 weeks because I really wanted to be the first scheduled surgery that day. She said it was easy to cancel if I was going to try a vbac (baby was transverse, so happy I already had it scheduled!). Is your doctor against a vbac totally? You can always (easily) cancel surgery when it's closer.

If you want a vbac and aren't comfortable with making this decision so early, get yourself a new doctor. It's your body and your baby. If you're in the U.S. (which you must be because they'd never do that here), he's going to make money off that and I wouldn't be pressured into a decision I wasn't sure about just so someone else can make a few extra bucks. I needed urgent surgery a couple months ago (on the NHS, I'm in the UK) and even then I had a choice of dates that week even with only 48 hours notice. There are plenty of ob's who will support a vbac even after multiple c-sections, or at least be supportive of you taking some time to think about it and book in at a date when you're comfortable.

Dr scared me told me my uterus has double the chance of rupturing and bleeding out. Due to having 2 c sections in a row

I would definitely consult with different doctors and specifically speak to some midwives. Doctors who are not supportive are known to use scare tactics, such as that, to get you to do what they want.

In most circumstances, a VBAC is safer and better for mom and baby then a repeat csection. That's a fact. If there are some other factors from your previous sections that impact that, I'd want to hear it from a VBAC supportive provider.

This is your body. If it means a lot to you, do not feel like you are trapped into having another csection. If you need one ultimately, then so be it, but if you could have a chance to do something that means a lot to you, you've got to go for it.

Has this doctor done your previous c-sections? I would definitely talk to him about it. My doctor is a HUGE vbac advocate, but with my last baby breech at week 39 I really had no choice. Even if baby wasn't breech, I would have listened to my doctor because I really trust her. I think it's important you find a doctor who listens to you and that you trust 100%!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->