dr who

I'm not gonna read everyone's comments since I'm only in the beginning of season 2, but wanted to join in on the DW love <3

well basically talking more about characters so far then actual stories and plots..'
but welcome to the Dr Who thread :)

Amy can't have kids because of what they did to her at Demon's Run. It was very vague, but it was implied during Asylum of the Daleks (season 7, Epi 1) when Amy and Rory are fighting about their divorce and she talks about not being able to have kids "because of what they did to me at Demon's Run".

Yeah, the River thing was strange but I guess when you're a time traveller being older than your parents is bound to happen now and then! I love River and Eleven together, she is such a badass.

Does anyone else have trouble with Clara? She is a really underdeveloped companion to me!!

Amy can't have kids because of what they did to her at Demon's Run. It was very vague, but it was implied during Asylum of the Daleks (season 7, Epi 1) when Amy and Rory are fighting about their divorce and she talks about not being able to have kids "because of what they did to me at Demon's Run".

Yeah, the River thing was strange but I guess when you're a time traveller being older than your parents is bound to happen now and then! I love River and Eleven together, she is such a badass.

Does anyone else have trouble with Clara? She is a really underdeveloped companion to me!!

yea but they never went into what actually happened, i really hope they do. Will be interesting....and the weird thing is she was leaving rory because they cant have a family, but they do have one, even though it a weird one.
River is bad ass and puts the doctor in his pace and i think that is what he finds so attractive about her...:)...its so fantastic to watch them...
but this clara thing, he is attracted to her and river is dead...huh?

what did we miss and why did we miss it??

I dont want him interested in someone for a long while..he needs to morn river if she really did dye.....
and clara is very under developed....i dont like her character at all......kind of wish we could have rory and amy forever....they change so much its like there new each time we see them....want them back:cry:

Well, River isn't dead, she is uploaded to Cal's mainframe. That's how she had a moment with the doctor in The Name of the Doctor. I don't think he will ever get over losing her. He never seems to get over losing anybody. Just carries on.

And you're right, Clara did seem to have a couple flirty moments with 11 but with the new doctor taking over at Xmas, pretty sure that is going to end. He's much older than her so it'd be weird!
When Amy and Rory left I figured 11 wouldn't be around much longer. Karen and Arthur were some of his best friends. I like the choice for 12! Peter Capuldi is so talented.

Hey, did anyone watch the minisode today leading up into the 50th?? Wow! I loved 8! So great to see him regenerate into the War doctor. You know what that means - 9 might actually get a cameo in the 50th!

I started watching doctor who as a baby in Peter Davison's era because of this he is one of my favourite doctors, I have seen most of the classic series that hasn't been lost. Also read most of the pre-1989 novelisations. Some of the effects and costumes in Jon Pertwee's era are really impressive, for example the sontarans from that time look almost the same as now. It was after that they went a bit budget and had wobbly sets and rubbish effects and the show started getting the mickey taken out of it. I watch the new era as well but wasn't keen on it when it was the Russell T Davies era, felt it was too far removed from the classic series. started watching again when Moffat took over, felt more true to the classic series xx

I think they where all awesome, still have my fav's though...dr who has always been low budget , that is why its always been so great...I mean do you see how they made the dialects, LOL

there weapons consist of a toilette plunger and a bakers wisk...then add imagination...lol

I love how its always been low budget.....it is what makes it i think one of the better shows out there

so anyone else like me love the MASTER?? :) then and now??

also who is your fav villian? And what is your fav made up weapon LOL

Yes it was always low budget but it went even lower budget in the mid-70s, one Tom Baker story they are meant to be inside the tardis corridors but they filmed it at a fully functioning NHS hospital and it's so obvious it's a building with windows blacked out and not inside the tardis xx

Yes it was always low budget but it went even lower budget in the mid-70s, one Tom Baker story they are meant to be inside the tardis corridors but they filmed it at a fully functioning NHS hospital and it's so obvious it's a building with windows blacked out and not inside the tardis xx

yea, I dont know...i love it low budget and even lower..i love seeing what they come up with...that is what is so great with the who...

its nothing like the other shows, they can take anything and make anything out of it where other shows will go all out.....:)

I never really cared where tom baker was lol, just loved watching him in action :happydance:

hey anyone here see the 50 anniversary epi..

omg i cried and got chills omg it wa awesome...who wants to talk about it?

i also watched adventure in space and time...wow amazing..about the first doctor who...as well had me in tears..im so grateful this man helped create the beloved character dr who..

<3

long live dr who...i hope its around when my grandchildren are around so they get to see the magic we all get to see xx

yea i miss amy and rori too..

what was really nice in the 50 anniversary is we saw 3 doctors and in something about making it u saw three old doctors...very nice..

we saw rose, well not rose but something from galifray (spelling) that formed itself as rose...

anyone watch it?

When John Hurt mentioned badwolf, Tennant stood do close to the Rose form. My heart broke!

When John Hurt mentioned badwolf, Tennant stood do close to the Rose form. My heart broke!

oh mine did too...

i had shivers when all the doctors where together and when rose was so close to david tennant...i cried even at several parts.

this was one of there best shows..i also loved how they brang like all the doctors even if it was just tv...to hide his planet...so what will the doctor be like now that he never destroyed dialects or his own planet..

i was surprised
Tom Baker was even on, as they had so many problems with him when he played the DR. it was a nice suprise though because im a huge fan...
very interesting huh..:)

am i the only one that got shivers watching this epi...? lol

ten things we will miss aABOUT THIS doctor

very funny to watch :)

then tell me what you will miss about matt :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=542fhrdJXY4

I'm a whovian - ish. I've not seen any old ones, no idea who the Doctor was when I was little, and wasn't over struck on Eccleston's portrayal. Loved both Tennant and Smith, will miss Matt greatly. He was so funny. Just had a good giggle at the above video. Favourite companions? Rose with Tennant and Amy & Rory with Smith.

my favorite older doctor would be tom Baker and his assistant Sarah jane smith..she was on some of the newer ones With David Tennant...when he first saw he he was like My sarah jane, My sarah Jane...:) it was a great moment...and they tried a spin off show with her and K9, doctor who's dog..lol but it didnt last past season two...sad :(

missing torchwood...now that was a really good spin off..they should try and keep that going.!

What did we all think of the Christmas episode.
I did feel it was very jumpy and that the 50th anniversary one was much better but the last moment of Smith with Amelia Pond. Was just beautiful! I cried!

I think Clara had the same look on her face as most people watching...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->