Dreamfeeds?dropping bottles? 7month feeding plans

huggybear

Reaction score
I could really do with some advice on this, currently my LO is 7 months and we starting weaning dead on 6 months, so far he is doing ok, he tends to like sweeter things but i understand this to be normal. Since weaning he has really dropped his milk, he used to have 5 8oz bottles a day (one of these was a dreamfeed). since weaning he now will only drink say 5 4oz and fusses loads, he doesnt eat a huge amount either to compensate, and if i dont dreamfeed him he wakes at 4pm, how do i get him to eat all three meals during the day with snacks and drink his bottles and quite the dreamfeed too i am really struggling to fit it all in between naps....

If he's having snacks as well then I'd be tempted to cut them out and see if that increases his milk intake again (if you're worried he's not having enough milk).

If he's only taking 4oz's at a time, then I'd also be tempted to try dropping a bottle (a daytime one) and see if he'll finish the bottles he's then offered.

I've had this issue with my LO this week, she's gone from having 32oz a day and not refusing any, to taking about 18-21oz a day and refusing the milk she doesn't want. We're BLW so I don't know whether what she actually eats is a lot or not compared to puree, but she doesn't have snacks or a dreamfeed. She seems to be settling herself down now and will now only have 3 bottles a day, instead of 4. Sounds like your LO might be ready to drop a bottle? Might make him take more of the other bottles offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->