Dressing my sisters for outdoors during winter.

Caroline2000

Reaction score
I am the carer for my sisters ever since our parents passed away just as the 5yr old was born so I am trying to find out if I am dressing the girls right for the cold winter. Before they can go outside, I try to encourage them to dress warm so I try to get them to wear their jacket and do it up, put the hood up and wear a scarf and gloves.

The girls do wear everything that I advise will keep them warm and are happy to do up the jackets but only if I do it for them. What worries me is that both girls know how to do up their zips so, I am worried that they are taking advantage of me being a caring sister that will do as they ask.

So the question I will ask you peeps is, how much do you bundle your kids up for the winter, am I bundling my sisters up to much and If yes, what should I be doing?

I think you should not force it! Let them be as they are and eventually they will realize your worth.

I don't know if you're bundling them up too much or not for two reasons. First of all, I don't know where you are or what winter is like where you are. Secondly, I don't know your sisters. I would start with how you dress yourself, as a baseline. From there, let them decide if they need more or less layers. Unless a child has a sensory deficit, they should be able to tell what will make them comfortable. If they are doing what you say, without complaint, I would stick with it. As for the zippers, it really is such a minor thing. If they are capable of it, then you don't have to worry about whether or not you are impeding development. So, if you are happy to keep doing it, then that is fine. If you are not happy to keep doing it, just let them know that you aren't going to keep zipping them up, since you know they are capable. Then ask them to do it themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->