Driving test

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I have got mine on friday...eeek!

How did you find yours?

Im dreading the independent driving part :nope:

I had mine 2 years ago now just before the independant driving bit came in so I can't comment on that hun. Is this your first test? I was SO nervous and IMO not ready on my 1st test, I failed on a major :(

My 2nd though I felt so much more ready for and passed :)

Best of luck!! The feeling you get when you pass is AMAZING!

I had mine 19 years ago! I wonder how the hell I passed sometimes! I've only had 2 accidents (touch wood!) but I've hit a few bollards over the years and backed into a big red skip once even though my parking sensor was clearly telling me I was about to hit something!!
Good luck kala... Being able to drive will give you so much confidence and freedom, you'll love it!!

The freedom is overwhelming, just being able to get in your car and go anywhere!

Life is going to be so much easier, i can just run into town and be back in a hour rather then it taking 2+ because of buses etc and can finally take the girls to those annoying kids placing thats are out of the way. So many nice farms that i just cant get to at the minute.

You'll be grand honey. Best of luck! I just passed in may this year. Failed the first time but passed second time. The independent drive was easy enough. They showed me a diagram and told me directions, got me to repeat them back to ensure I understood them and away we went. Mine was go to the end of the road, take a left, go to the traffic lights and turn right then at the next lights turn left. Easy enough. What times your test at?

Honestly I thought I'd failed mine from five minutes in... as i stalled during an emergency break (first time ever!).. So i just gave up. It obviously worked haha... It made me relax . x

I have got mine on friday...eeek!

How did you find yours?

Im dreading the independent driving part :nope:

Don't panic about that- they will ask you to pull over and tell you a series of instructions. You can ask them what to do at anytime. Say you stop at a set of lights and can't remember if you are going left or right- ask, or they will fail you if you do it wrong.

Take deep breaths. I dosed up on kalms tablets for about 24 hours :haha:

What time is your test?

I did mine ages ago and we didn't have the independent driving part then. (blimey I feel old!!)

Wishing you lots of luck. :flower:

I used lots of bach rescue remedy and bombared my instructor with questions and fears about my test, he really put me at ease. I also took my instructor on the test with me.

I had 2 show me tell me questions which I think were "show me the horn on the car" and "tell me how to check the power steering is on"

Then we were off, I had to follow her instructions for a while which was easy enough....then we did independent which was fine as I had gone around that route with instructor before! You can not really fail on independent as long as you follow road signs and get to the destination. Then I had my reverse which was turn in the road (my best one-thank the lord lol) that was fine but on teh way back I clipped the curb (1minor) and then I went in the wrong lane (another minor lol) I think I clipped another curb too but all in all I PASSED first time. If you do make small mistakes do not panic as they may be minors and therefore you still pass!

Just remember to check mirrors everytime you speed up, move in the road, stop, slow down and turn.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you!
I passed my test 3 years ago so it was the old test!
I was a nervous wreck, I hated driving (still don't like it and if there's someone else to drive I make them) but I done it, first time aswel. I even had to reverse park which was the one thing I couldn't do and I done it!
Just try not to think too much about it, just think of it as another lesson :)

Bugger me its tomorrow! 10.34 so dont have to worry during the day thankfully.

I didnt think i would be this nervous.

Good luck, Kala!

Rescue Remedy for nerves, cereal bar for energy...and imagining the examiner having a poo was advice I was given ;) I took all of it, and it was ok!

The best thing that ever happened to me on mine was thinking that I'd failed. I was like 'yeah whatever' afterwards and the instructor told me that I was brilliant :D...I do think it was cause I thought I'd failed.

How are you feeling?

Good luck, Kala!

Rescue Remedy for nerves, cereal bar for energy...and imagining the examiner having a poo was advice I was given ;) I took all of it, and it was ok!

:haha:

Feel nervous.

Really dont want to fail because its just so expensive learning .

I can drive but i think i will make a silly mistake and fail. Didnt do great with my independent driving today which is annoying.

Just so want to be able to do more with the girls then i can now

Convince yourself you've failed :D It definately works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->