Dr's Appt. Today!!!!!

PrEgSeCoNdJoY

Reaction score
Ok so Today is going to be our first trip to the Dr. I am very nervous and anxious. I have a couple questions for you ladies, so here goes!!!

OK so as you can see I am not really sure how far along I am the EDD Calculators that go based on just you LMP are saying November 21st on the other hand the ones that ask for your cycle length and LP are telling me November 27th. SO My question is what would be the difference between an appt. at 6 weeks and an appt. at 7 weeks? If there is one at all??

Also would you be able to hear a heart beat if i am in fact at 7 weeks (almost 8 )?

And i promise this is my last question... After this appt. how far are the appts spaced apart?

hello...take a look at the attached...it has helped me....

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregna...CDFBD5D30EAB=pZ8Da87WR/3zCdUdrMsamgEAAAAncW8A

I would be guessing that you should hear a hearbeat if you were either of them dates by now.But i wouldnt say there would be any difference in appts because of it.
Hope it goes well xx

is it your 1st midwife appoint or docs appoint? I had my 1st doc appoint and all they did was forward me for a scan and also my booking appointment with my midwife.

The appointment with my midwife was taking down my height, weight, taking bloods, urine samples, going over medical history...booking my nxt scan and all the appointments i needed to come back for for downs syndrome test etc etc etc....she said she wouldnt listen for a heart beat till my may appoint cos she would only hhear one properly then.

:hugs:

I am not using a midwife i am using a obgyn he is the one who did my mothers hysterectomy so i really want to use him!! his will be the dr that will deliver the baby!!

Hi!! I got very confused with my EDD as well!! One certain website (can't remeber which one) made me further on than I actually was. My EDD was calculated by my MW and she took the dates from the 1st day of my last period and that would make me 11 weeks exactly today (whereas the website was telling me I was further on).

However.....when I had to have an emergency scan that put me 6 days behind what I thought I was (I wasn't surprised as my periods were so irregular and I didn't know exactly when I ovulated). The scan dated me at 7+3 and I did hear the heartbeat :happydance: and saw little bean on screen :happydance:!!

I am due to have my 12 week scan next Thursday and will be interested to see how they date me then as baby can go so quickly at this stage.

I am not sure where you are based but in the UK you have your 1st appointment with the doctor (mine was at about 5 weeks) and then you meet the midwife at 6 weeks (or later) and then have blodds taken at 10 weeks followed by your 1st scan at 12 weeks. After that you then meet with the midwife again at 15 weeks. Not sure what happens after that as I haven't got that far!!

Good luck though and take it easy :hug:

I think the system, and what gets done and what appointment really varies, and i don't think you're living in the UK are you hun?

My 1st appointment was with a midwife, she congratulated me, took bloods and some very basic details and referred me for an early scan. I won't see her or one of her colleagues again now for a few weeks until after my dating scan when i will see her for a very long appointment where she will go through everything, like past medical history, height, weight, urine, where i want to deliver, different options, tests, everything! Then after that i see her quite frequently as this is my 1st pregnancy. She works in a team of 4 midwives and it will always be one of these i see and hopefully one of these who will be with me in labour and to visit me after birth.

I don't know how useful that is to you. But also just wanted to say we had a scan at 6+6 and were very fortunate to be able to hear the HB but before 8 weeks i don't think it is a guarantee.

Good luck with your appointment, hope it goes well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->