Dry skin?

DaisyDuke

Matilda Tasya's mum :)
Reaction score
My baby is 3 weeks tomorrow when can we use johnsons products to moisturise her skin? And how is best to do this? I have the pink moisturiser and baby oil? Also have moisturising bath wash so far we have only been using the top to toe as that was what they said to use in hospital? Im very confused that they say not to use products designed for babies?

XXX

I have been using a little olive oil or sweet almond oil for his dry skin and so far it has been working well. I do have some creams but they have so much fragrance that I don't want to use them.
xx

My LO has some really dry skin on her face and I had a moisturiser prescribed by my GP which has really helped. The other thing which I tried was olive oil but it definitely made her wee face worse for a while.

I'd speak to your GP and see what they will do.

i have been using olive oil and its been working fine. I havent even used the top toe wash yet, just water. lol so dont know.

I have been using olive oil since he was about 2 weeks old, its worked a treat - I think Johnsons dried his skin out more rather than helping.

Ive also bought some moisturiser from boots called Nature Baby Care Eco Lotion and thats really helping too x

My HV said to stay clear of baby products for 6 weeks and just use olive oil. Bit messy but Ellie liked it! x

I also got told to use Olive Oil on my LO's skin because it was really dry - especially on her legs. The HV also said not to use any products on her until shes 6 months old. Ive just been using water at the minute, but will probably use some top to toe wash once her dry skin has gone xx

I use Aveeno Baby Lotion. It's strong enough to treat eczema and my doctor recommended it because Ava has very sensitive skin. After using it for a day I seen a big difference and she isn't peeling at all anymore.

I use weleda baby oil (sweet almond oil and calendula). It's natural and organic, unlike the johnson stuff.
I also use it for myself, it makes my skin soft and nice, I even put some in my hair and occasionally on my face. It's really great, I love their products.

I also got told to use Olive Oil on my LO's skin because it was really dry - especially on her legs. The HV also said not to use any products on her until shes 6 months old. Ive just been using water at the minute, but will probably use some top to toe wash once her dry skin has gone xx
e

i have heard so many different ages for this from 1 to 6 months. not gona wait that long for wipes and top toe wash but maybee for moisturiser.

I won't use Johnson's anymore, it's really harsh...even though it's supposed to be made for babies. Aveeno baby is good though, Burt's Bees, Mustela too...if you want baby products. Otherwise Dove and Cetaphil are good ones too (not sure if you have any of those brands there) But I would pick something with no scent..or very little, as natural as possible.

My dr told me that my baby will be sloughing off her skin - that it looks like dry skin but really its not. She said I could use lotions but that it wont help the sloughing - would just have benefits of bonding & massaging the baby. She didnt say I couldnt use products til a certain age but she said dont switch around to different things - stick to the same product.

I used baby lotions and bumps appeared on LO's belly. I asked his pediatrician about it and he said the bumps were from the lotion as it is mostly water and ends up drying out their skin even more. :dohh: He said to get Eurcerin CREAM (not lotion) and use that instead. I did and it cleared the bumps up within a day! Now he has super soft skin again. I have to use something as I live in the desert and his skin dries out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->