DTD 4-5 days before O?

ser523

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I was wondering if any of you have experience getting pregnant from DTD 4 or 5 days before ovulation.

Right now I'm only a day late and I know that the only way to really know is to test. But I'm fairly regular and when I've been pregnant in the past (2 mcs), I didn't get a BFP right away. And I can't really afford to buy and take a bunch of tests like I did then.

At first, I was thinking that AF might be late because I had a biopsy last week and that there wasn't a possibility of being pregnant. But I checked my chart and did some googling, and it might be possible? Idk, but I feel like a crazy person! *lol*

Did you end up getting your period? I'm curious about this too. :)

The likelihood is small. While there have been instances of sperm surviving 5 days it's very very rare and needs the most optimal conditions. The average time it lasts is 3 days.

DD was conceived by us DTD about 4 days before O, so there is always a possibility! Good luck, hun :flower:

My last baby was conceived from intercourse a week before ovulation so its possible.

So AF did show up, a full two days late. Since I've starting temping and charting, my cycle has been very regular - 27 day cycle, O on CD17.

Honestly, when I was late I didn't even consider being pregnant as possibility because I was like well it's been ages since we DTD. But I checked things, and it turned out we DTD 4 days before I O'ed. I did some research and it was a slim possibility, but a possibility none the less. I was hoping I was pregnant but AF turned up after all. Next O looks to be right after Christmas, so we'll be trying for a Christmas baby lol!

Thanks for all your input ladies! ��

Sorry AF got you. While it was a possibility definitely rare. The many apps and sites say the best odds are if you do it all 3 days before O, the Day of and the day after just in case you are off by a day because as we all know our cycles aren't always on time. My O changed dates by 2 days last cycle. so now I have 3 days where I could O CD 17,18 or 19. So lots of BDing has to happen. but hey...That's the best part right? :haha:

It's OK, we weren't actively trying, hence the not considering pregnancy as a possibility at first lol but we're getting ready to go for Christmas week haha here's hoping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->