Dubai - Your Thoughts

It's about 900 miles and three countries away, so pretty far. Thats like a war going on in Germany and people thinking the UK was near the war. :)

It's about 900 miles and three countries away, so pretty far. Thats like a war going on in Germany and people thinking the UK was near the war. :)

irak is near well it looks near on the map and i no few people out there and bagdad

I know, but its almost exactly 900 miles away, which is pretty far. :)

I did watch a documentary on Dubai and some people had done pretty well there, investing in the country at just the right time. Needless to say, they made a lot of money. What did impress me the most was the Palm tree Islands. But It just makes me wonder, how long will it last? It is built upon the oil stores. What happens when that runs out?

ive bin a few times on the way to thailand its lovely and the airport is amazing inside!

me and oh would love to move there in a few years wen he retires!!

hes on 32 saying tht makes him sound really old lol xx

My parents stayed in Burj-al-arab for their honeymoon and my dad ws there quite a few times for work... I've never visited but I definitely want to. It's gorgeous!

I agree with Rafwife, it's such a beautiful portray of Eastern culture. Day in and out we hear horrible shocking stories about the Middle East, it's nice to see a city that has actually risen up above it and is civilized.

i'm moving to oman (which is next to Dubai) in the summer with my dh

thank you! i cant wait to move there, its scary as is a big change but im hoping it will be good, and much better weather than uk too!! xx

Don't they still have a lot of very restrictive laws?

You'll have to go up wadi bashing in the mountains :) Its amazing.

not really now, it is a lot more westernised there now, i think saudi still has a lot of laws but the rest of the middle east is a lot more relaxed now x

Ooooh my goodness wadi bashing is SO much fun!

Basically you take a couple of 4x4s up to the mountains (I advise getting a 4x4, they cope with the weather well and you can take them out to the desert and mountins) and driving full pelt across dune, mountains, rivers, wadis, etc.

Some pics are here:

https://images.google.co.uk/images?...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

We always just to stop and go swimming in the wadi's (desert oasis) and have lunch. Camping over night in the desert is great fun too and the desert is so beautiful at night. You'll never have seen so many stars in your life.

I'm so jealous, you must post lots of pictures. I'd give my right arm to go life back in the middle east :)

that sounds really good, cant wait to do it!!! will def post lots of pics!! what part of the middle east were you in? xx

I was born just outside Dubai, and lived in Dubai and Abu Dhabi on and off for 11 years :)

Id love to go but I dont know an awful lot about it tbh

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"