Dubai - Your Thoughts

Ooooh my goodness wadi bashing is SO much fun!

Basically you take a couple of 4x4s up to the mountains (I advise getting a 4x4, they cope with the weather well and you can take them out to the desert and mountins) and driving full pelt across dune, mountains, rivers, wadis, etc.

Some pics are here:

https://images.google.co.uk/images?...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

We always just to stop and go swimming in the wadi's (desert oasis) and have lunch. Camping over night in the desert is great fun too and the desert is so beautiful at night. You'll never have seen so many stars in your life.

I'm so jealous, you must post lots of pictures. I'd give my right arm to go life back in the middle east :)

Totally with you rafwife! Wadi bashing is fabulous! I was born in Dubai and lived in Sharjah until I was 8 years old and I have some fabulous memories of it. My parents went back there a few years ago and said it's changed almost beyond recognition so while I'd love to go back, in a way I'd like to keep my memories as they are. The rose-tinted specs of an 8 year old! :rofl:

When it's cold and raining here I always remember a T-Shirt I had as a kid. It had a picture of Snoopy sleeping on the roof of his house and the caption "The hottest summer I ever spent was a winter in Sharjah"! Hee hee!

Totally with you rafwife! Wadi bashing is fabulous! I was born in Dubai and lived in Sharjah until I was 8 years old and I have some fabulous memories of it. My parents went back there a few years ago and said it's changed almost beyond recognition so while I'd love to go back, in a way I'd like to keep my memories as they are. The rose-tinted specs of an 8 year old! :rofl:

When it's cold and raining here I always remember a T-Shirt I had as a kid. It had a picture of Snoopy sleeping on the roof of his house and the caption "The hottest summer I ever spent was a winter in Sharjah"! Hee hee!

I was born in Al Zahra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->