Due 9th Feb!!!

I had really bad leg cramps in my last pregnancy. This time I've swapped them for bad pelvic pain and limp a lot.

I need to book into get my whooping cough jab. My midwife failed to tell me about it but I am on community midwife number 3 (having only had 3 appointments) so far so I'm not surprised things are getting missed.

Due February 8th with a boy :blue:
I'm 20 & so is my OH! Really hoping the next 10 weeks go quickly :haha: xx

Hey guys! I'm due February 22 with a little boy!
I'm 22 and I will turn 23 in January just before he gets here. :haha:
My husband is 27 and this is our first child!

We have a zoo of fur-babies though. :rofl:

My bump is huge and my belly button has popped out.

Awwwh so many feb babies i didnt even know! my bump is on the large side now :haha: hes measuring at 30CM long so on track apparently! ill see if i can attach a piccy! my horrid symptoms are sciatica hip pain and heartburn! dont even mention turning in the night haha im like a turtle stuck on my back half the time! yeah so cant wait for my babyshower ill have to let you ladies know all about it my family have hired out the v.i.p room in a nightclub in the day tho :haha: can you believe it! and im having a cake made etc looking forward to it so much! i went on maternity last friday at 29 weeks as my sciatica was just so so bad my midwife said i had too!

I forgot to add the pic haha ooops :dohh:

Attachments

• 29weeks.jpg
    29weeks.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm due on the 8th of Feb with a boy :) I'm 25 Oh is 26 Been together just over 4 years now :)
second boy!

Just starting to get heart burn more often now, and last night was my first leg cramp attack!

Pretty much done with the shopping, Had to buy mostly everything new because LO is 5 and a half, so it was all pretty useless. I had given alot away over the years.. funny though, no one comes rushing back with it :p Losers ! haha.

got the pram, moses basket, baby monitor, steraliser, bottlesm pretty much done for clothes.

Still need to get a breast bump, basket stand and nappies.

Also I have got nothing for hospital bag, I.e Granny panties, new pjs, giant sanitary towels! breast pads. etc

Hi I'm Alaina (Laney), I'm half Irish and 20 years old and living with my on off boyfriend of 5 years, he's 20 too but will be 21 on Xmas eve! This is our first baby together but we both have Angel Sons from times we weren't together. Our little man is due January 28th :)

I haven't got anything for MY hospital bag but baby's bag is all sorted now that we've washed everything :)

RE breast bumps - what are you ladies looking at? Manual? Electric? Which brand? The woman in Mothercare put me off Tommee Tippee telling me that the Electric one has awful reviews (I was only going to get the manual one anyway but she put me off it) so I'm undecided on which one to get!

Ahh your bumps tiny compared to my monster!! :p I dont know how to attach a pic!!
I spent the evening at mat unit last night due to reduced movements and then i began having strong braxton hicks!! They eventually eased off...!

With breast bumps, I wouldn't bother with a manual at all (sorry just my exp)
Tiresome and slow, so bloody slow ! I would shell out and get the medela :) I had the mini last last time and I am thinking of bumping up to the Medela swing this time, It was fast and comfortable. If you look on Amazon, the mini medela is only around 45 quid usually and the swing is more expensive at about 86 (just off the top of my head) x

Edit to add: I have heard nothing good about the tommee tippee breast bumps, so the woman was likely right, A quick scan through amazon reviews will show u... they are considered pretty crappy!

I haven't got anything for MY hospital bag but baby's bag is all sorted now that we've washed everything :)

RE breast bumps - what are you ladies looking at? Manual? Electric? Which brand? The woman in Mothercare put me off Tommee Tippee telling me that the Electric one has awful reviews (I was only going to get the manual one anyway but she put me off it) so I'm undecided on which one to get!

Defooo an electric! it depends if you want to breastfeed completely then introduce bottle or if you want to do both from the start etc etc i plan on expressing and breastfeeding as soon as my body will let me if all goes to plan! ive heard bad things about the tommee tippee too! that the suction is awful etc the electric one went down from 100 to 25 in asda about a month ago sounds good but it went down for that reason...i have been looking at the medela as my midwife said it was one of the best ones she would suggest but every woman is different you can sometimes hire them from your hosp 30 pounds a week seems too steep to me to pay if i can but one on amazon..

Ahh your bumps tiny compared to my monster!! :p I dont know how to attach a pic!!
I spent the evening at mat unit last night due to reduced movements and then i began having strong braxton hicks!! They eventually eased off...!

If your on your laptop/computer you can add it where it has the little safety pin icon at the top! not so sure about on a phone as i havent figured how to get BNB on my iphone :dohh: how are you feeling today? hope you and little one are ok!!

With breast bumps, I wouldn't bother with a manual at all (sorry just my exp)
Tiresome and slow, so bloody slow ! I would shell out and get the medela :) I had the mini last last time and I am thinking of bumping up to the Medela swing this time, It was fast and comfortable. If you look on Amazon, the mini medela is only around 45 quid usually and the swing is more expensive at about 86 (just off the top of my head) x

Edit to add: I have heard nothing good about the tommee tippee breast bumps, so the woman was likely right, A quick scan through amazon reviews will show u... they are considered pretty crappy!

How did you find the medela mini? im in two minds on which one to get as i want to express and breastfeed as soon as my body lets me do you know if theres much difference?

Hi girls i'm due onthe 9th feb too. Team yelllow until birth. Been pretty plain sailing so far, apart from the getting pregnant stage.
I'm 38 hubby 34yrs and this is our first.
Done the nursery and got most of the stuff. Got the cot the other day for £50 of a girl at work, but got to work out how to put it together yet as no instructions!!?? Will be interesting!!
Waiting until the january sales to get a travel system (which i want to include a car seat, pram into pushchair version) grannies want to buy us loads of stuff, so got the basic baby grows in plain white, so until the bay born then can get sex determined clothes (although think it's going to be a boy). Need to get an isofix base for car seat, then just get thigs as we need them along the way.
We have picked names out already...

William (and either Joseph or Henry as middle name) hubby chose William after his fav film Willy Wonka - (yes i know!!), but always liked William so was always on one of my list for boys names....
Evangeline Mae for a girl...

Sleeping - what is that?? I snore all the time now, so i'm in a vicious circle of waking myself up when i drop off paranoid i'm snoring walking the hubby up. If i do fall asleep i get nudged awake to stop!
I have pillows front and back to keep me on my side, but i get numb arms/legs which ever position i sleep in....
Boobs humongous, and they just keep growing too.
Hands started to swell today, so had to take my wedding rings off now as hands a bit painful. Legs - i now have cankles!!

Exhausted at work now - but planning to work until a week prior to due date - least i have two weeks off at xmas to chill out.

Can only afford 6 months with added leave at the end - which means i'll be back at work on the 12th August. Parents hopefully going to helpout re childcare, not sure whether i'll be back full (flexible hours) or part time yet... will all depend on finances and what we can can't afford.

Offically getting excited now i can visibly see it moving around inside me when i lay/sit down, knowing "should" anything happen the baby has a good chance of survival as hubbys nephew was born at 31 weeks, so it could come anytime - but it seems quite happy where it is at the moment.

here is my bump - another photo is due to be taken today

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-20-16-25-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-16-25-32.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 4
I understand the the manual ones are more inconvenient and slower than the electric ones but it's money that's the problem :/ electric ones are so much more expensive, we can't really afford one at the moment.
I've read up on the reviews of Tommee Tippee but they seem quite mixed, some people swear by them, some curse them! I looked at the AVENT one, it has 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
I'll definitely have to wait and see how well we're doing with money in January, see how Christmas goes and whether family are up for gifting anything a little bit more expensive than clothes lol. I know people say to wait until the baby's here too to see whether I can give milk or not but I don't want to be unprepared :/ too many decisions!
Do I wait until she's here and borrow off the hospital after she's arrived until we can get one of our own if I can give milk?
Or do I buy one, and risk not being able to give milk?
If I get one, do I get a manual one to save money, or shell out for an electric one?
Either way, which one do I get?!
AAARRGHHHHHH!

I've just bought the Tommee Tippee closer to nature breast feeding kit, comes with everything, bottles, pump, pads, storage pots etc all for £30. Just waiting for it to be delivered :)

I've just bought the Tommee Tippee closer to nature breast feeding kit, comes with everything, bottles, pump, pads, storage pots etc all for £30. Just waiting for it to be delivered :)

Electric or manual?
We've ordered the sterilizer/starter kit thing for £70, it's on our mothercare plan so we can pay it off more gradually. I want to express so that OH can feed her too, so I know an electric one would be easier for me in the long run I'm just concerned about the money :/

Electric or manual?
We've ordered the sterilizer/starter kit thing for £70, it's on our mothercare plan so we can pay it off more gradually. I want to express so that OH can feed her too, so I know an electric one would be easier for me in the long run I'm just concerned about the money :/

Manual, didn't really want to invest in an expensive electric one in case I have to go to formula. (Not that I plan to!) we can always get an electric one at a later date. I got that starter kit too... :) from kiddicare though a few months back.

Electric or manual?

Manual, didn't really want to invest in an expensive electric one in case I have to go to formula. (Not that I plan to!) we can always get an electric one at a later date. I got that starter kit too... :) from kiddicare though a few months back.

Yeah if I decide to buy one before baby comes I'll buy a manual, in case I can't give milk, so I'm not wasting that much money! I suppose manual ones are easier when out and about too so if I did go and get an electric one later on then I could still use the manual one out and about if I didn't have any expressed already.
Yeah that starter kit is on 'offer' absolutely everywhere! RRP is £140, everywhere does it for £70! Not that I'm complaining :')

Electric or manual?

Yeah if I decide to buy one before baby comes I'll buy a manual, in case I can't give milk, so I'm not wasting that much money! I suppose manual ones are easier when out and about too so if I did go and get an electric one later on then I could still use the manual one out and about if I didn't have any expressed already.
Yeah that starter kit is on 'offer' absolutely everywhere! RRP is £140, everywhere does it for £70! Not that I'm complaining :')

Yeah I couldn't believe it, I think at the time mine was even cheaper... I'm sure I got it for about £55 :) but yeah that's why I went for a manual one, plus for £30 if I can't give milk then at least I've got some more bottles, 2 dummies, and some storage pots so I wouldn't be completely wasting my money :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->