Due 9th Feb!!!

Awwwh so many feb babies i didnt even know! my bump is on the large side now :haha: hes measuring at 30CM long so on track apparently! ill see if i can attach a piccy! my horrid symptoms are sciatica hip pain and heartburn! dont even mention turning in the night haha im like a turtle stuck on my back half the time! yeah so cant wait for my babyshower ill have to let you ladies know all about it my family have hired out the v.i.p room in a nightclub in the day tho :haha: can you believe it! and im having a cake made etc looking forward to it so much! i went on maternity last friday at 29 weeks as my sciatica was just so so bad my midwife said i had too!

:haha: The more you post the more alike we both are :haha: I'm measuring 28cm not 30 but we both due on the 9th, both having boys, both concived first time trying, I have horrible sciatica which is making my job really hard as weeks go by (only 4more including this one though) i have heartburn 24/7 n I dont sleep at all anymore. Lmfao next you will be saying you also have low lying placenta n have a scan due in december to check it :haha:

I think so far our only difference is I'm planning to ff from the start. (Dh going to do first feed)
Your baby shower sounds amazing, wish I was having one now :blush:

I think the statistic for women who CAN'T breast feed is actually like 1 percent.
Not trying to be a negative nancy :) Just saying ... STAY POSITIVE, always assume you can breast feed.

I haven't got anything for MY hospital bag but baby's bag is all sorted now that we've washed everything :)

RE breast bumps - what are you ladies looking at? Manual? Electric? Which brand? The woman in Mothercare put me off Tommee Tippee telling me that the Electric one has awful reviews (I was only going to get the manual one anyway but she put me off it) so I'm undecided on which one to get!

Defooo an electric! it depends if you want to breastfeed completely then introduce bottle or if you want to do both from the start etc etc i plan on expressing and breastfeeding as soon as my body will let me if all goes to plan! ive heard bad things about the tommee tippee too! that the suction is awful etc the electric one went down from 100 to 25 in asda about a month ago sounds good but it went down for that reason...i have been looking at the medela as my midwife said it was one of the best ones she would suggest but every woman is different you can sometimes hire them from your hosp 30 pounds a week seems too steep to me to pay if i can but one on amazon..

Ahh your bumps tiny compared to my monster!! :p I dont know how to attach a pic!!
I spent the evening at mat unit last night due to reduced movements and then i began having strong braxton hicks!! They eventually eased off...!

If your on your laptop/computer you can add it where it has the little safety pin icon at the top! not so sure about on a phone as i havent figured how to get BNB on my iphone :dohh: how are you feeling today? hope you and little one are ok!!

With breast bumps, I wouldn't bother with a manual at all (sorry just my exp)
Tiresome and slow, so bloody slow ! I would shell out and get the medela :) I had the mini last last time and I am thinking of bumping up to the Medela swing this time, It was fast and comfortable. If you look on Amazon, the mini medela is only around 45 quid usually and the swing is more expensive at about 86 (just off the top of my head) x

Edit to add: I have heard nothing good about the tommee tippee breast bumps, so the woman was likely right, A quick scan through amazon reviews will show u... they are considered pretty crappy!

How did you find the medela mini? im in two minds on which one to get as i want to express and breastfeed as soon as my body lets me do you know if theres much difference?

I found it brilliant :) and really quick, I could easily express enough milk for the day in one sitting. Obviously everyone will be different. I think the more expensive one will just be faster tbh, I.e have more settings :) Considering though that some people will spend 20 quid on a manual I think 45 is a very good price for the mini as a try it and see if you like it kinda thing :)

I know I get on with it, so I might well jump back in with the more expensive one, but at the same time I can see why people want to start with a manual, because I did.... It lasted about a week before I threw it out. It gave me cramp in my hand lol!

So I just went and met my new midwife (I have swapped as there is a surestart unit closer to home than my doctors which is a bus trip away)

Omg!!!! This women is so lovely, she really made me feel at ease and even managed to get "some" blood without hurting me to much :happydance:
Now I only wish I had swapped over sooner :dohh: She was so helpful, she said I can have baths (my consultant told me I can't withmy low lying placenta) She also gave me a number so I can set up antenatel classes and even spoke to me about how we will sit down after my next scan to decide where we go from there (birth plan wise depending on the placenta)
I feel so much happier now I have this new midwife. Even baby seems to like her as when she went to listen to him he kicked her :haha: and he has NEVER done that before, not even to DH :dohh:

Ohh glad you got yourself a decent midwife :)

Mine have been useless this time around, 3 apps 3 different women, sorry no FOUR
I actually got stuck with the trainee last time whilst the normal midwife who I had never met before either just sat in the background and observed, I have no idea who is who.

Last time around I had one midwife and that was it, same woman at all my apps. This is very lazy of them. :(

I've seen 2 different midwives at my GP's, along with about 3 different ones at the hospital! The hospital, I can understand, but I wish they'd made my appointments at the GP with the same midwife! The amount of different people that have signed the back of my notes to say they've written something in them is just ridiculous! Last week I saw a doctor for all of 2 minutes, she had nothing to say that I hadn't already heard, yet she still had to leave a comment and write in the book! It's mental!

I LOVE my midwife too. I wish she could deliver my baby.
But sadly she's only a community midwife. She doesn't believe in a lot of the hospital stuff and all that.

I have to see a consultant too as I'm GBS positive AND have a high bmi.
Annoying. But I've only seen her once so far (and the one time that's been was awful!)
I'm considered high risk :( so have to give birth in hospital and have an iv of anti boitics. Also means no water birth.

Not happy.
But this pregnancy has been easy compared to the last, so I can't complain too much.

Awwwh so many feb babies i didnt even know! my bump is on the large side now :haha: hes measuring at 30CM long so on track apparently! ill see if i can attach a piccy! my horrid symptoms are sciatica hip pain and heartburn! dont even mention turning in the night haha im like a turtle stuck on my back half the time! yeah so cant wait for my babyshower ill have to let you ladies know all about it my family have hired out the v.i.p room in a nightclub in the day tho :haha: can you believe it! and im having a cake made etc looking forward to it so much! i went on maternity last friday at 29 weeks as my sciatica was just so so bad my midwife said i had too!
:haha: The more you post the more alike we both are :haha: I'm measuring 28cm not 30 but we both due on the 9th, both having boys, both concived first time trying, I have horrible sciatica which is making my job really hard as weeks go by (only 4more including this one though) i have heartburn 24/7 n I dont sleep at all anymore. Lmfao next you will be saying you also have low lying placenta n have a scan due in december to check it :haha:

I think so far our only difference is I'm planning to ff from the start. (Dh going to do first feed)
Your baby shower sounds amazing, wish I was having one now :blush:

Haha ahhh how nice! its so lovely to have other women to talk to who are in such a similar situation to me i feel like i bore my family and friends rotten with moaning and baby talk! so yep now im on maternity BNB is my new best friend sorry if i go mad on post overloads :haha: nope so far my placenta is were it should be as far as im aware... i dont disagree with FF i think each to there own but i just really want to breastfeed so we will see how it goes! ill have to let you know how the babyshower goes it seems like pretty exciting stuff! just saw your post about your new midwife too so glad you've got embody you like and baby likes too hehe! i have been so so so lucky with mine i actually see myself as having two as my booking in appointment was with a lady called beth who is now on labour ward and every time im there if shes working she requests me! so im hoping so hard she gets to deliver little man :cloud9: then i have a lady called kirsty who is my community midwife and i feel so comfortable around her i text her any concerns and she gets straight back to me i have been seeing my midwife every two weeks since 15 weeks which is a comfort for me as i had high blood pressure which is now stabilized!

I LOVE my midwife too. I wish she could deliver my baby.
But sadly she's only a community midwife. She doesn't believe in a lot of the hospital stuff and all that.

I have to see a consultant too as I'm GBS positive AND have a high bmi.
Annoying. But I've only seen her once so far (and the one time that's been was awful!)
I'm considered high risk :( so have to give birth in hospital and have an iv of anti boitics. Also means no water birth.

Not happy.
But this pregnancy has been easy compared to the last, so I can't complain too much.

Sorry to be so nosey but i have to have iv of antibiotics too is yours due to step B just im having a water birth and i have to have the antibiotics too! xx

I had strep b previously and thats why i was told i had to have a hospital birth...this time its high bmi not gbs x

I had strep b previously and thats why i was told i had to have a hospital birth...this time its high bmi not gbs x

Ohhh so your not allowed a water birth due to your high BMI not the strep? sorry just wanted to make sure you knew that if it was just because of the strep you CAN have a water birth im not too sure about anything else xx

My stupid hospital don't allow it.
It SUCKS.
I'm seeing the consultant again dec 19th. I'm gonna beg for it.

My stupid hospital don't allow it.
It SUCKS.
I'm seeing the consultant again dec 19th. I'm gonna beg for it.

Thats soooo bad so they'd rather give you painkillers that could slow down your labour than give you the labour you'd feel more comfortable with and would help you progress better! jheeez i would definitely state that other women you have spoken to have had the thumbs up from midwife consultant and hospital do some research you pay your taxes so you should be able to have the birth you want! they can cover the iv with a plastic glove what ive been told if worst come to worst! xx

I'm a bit jealous of the UK ladies! A water birth looks like such a nice experience. I've gotten mixed answers from my doctors on whether or not it's an option at my hospital.

Luckily, my Prepared Childbirth class is starting this Saturday and it's held at the same place that I will be giving birth. I am going to be asking so many questions. :haha:

I plan to do an all natural labor and delivery as long as no medical intervention is needed. I'm a lot like my mother though and she did three natural births so I don't see why I can't. Especially when she's a baby when it comes to pain! :rofl: My pain tolerance is abnormally high and it may be a bit weird but I'm excited for labor and delivery. It's a challenge I've never faced before.

I do plan to play music during it and I've already decided that if it looks like my hospital will not be very supportive of my natural plan, I'll do most of the labor at home. It's only a ten minute drive away.

Attached a photo of my 27 week bump. Minor stretch marks have appeared but thankfully they are only in one spot!

Attachments

• 27 weeks.jpg
    27 weeks.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi ladies can I join you? I just moved over to 3rd tri today and I'm due 26th Feb :hi: I feel like I keep missing people due in feb in the other trimester boards because I'm due so close to the end of the month!

Beautiful11:
It really is nice to have others to speak with. DH is so lovely and supportive but sometimes you need another outlet that you can't say to friends ya know :blush:
Thanks, I'm so much happier with this midwife already, my old midwife wasnt very inviting and when I told her about my antenatel depression she just shrugged it off which at the time made me feel even worse :dohh: Luckily it's something I have been able to deal with, with my DH (he really is a rock) and my step mum who too suffered with my brother 5years ago. So I'm much better and had no need for meds :thumbup:
Thats great that your first midwife might end up delivering your baby, your so lucky. I will keep my fingers crossed shes working when you go in :flower: Even better that you like your new community midwife aswell.
Can I just ask what your job is as to why you were signed off with your sciatica? Just because I work in a preschool and it is SOOOOO hard not being able to bend over when thats basically my job :dohh: If I worked more than two days a week I'm sure I would have been signed off by now :blush:
Thats great news your blood pressure has settled down :happydance: Im more prone to high blood pressure and pre e also due to kidney problem. But so far (touch wood) it hasn't been a problem. I see your on meds for your blood pressure. Just curious (incase it does happen) Can they affect the baby in any way??
And thanks I do have personal reasons for not wanting to bf and as most people try n trust it upon you it can be hard sometimes (I dont want to explain why all the time as it is very personal, even to my step mum who has finally accepted it) lol
And I will post lots n lots too. Only working two days a week I pretty much live on bnb most the time :haha:

Hi ladies can I join you? I just moved over to 3rd tri today and I'm due 26th Feb :hi: I feel like I keep missing people due in feb in the other trimester boards because I'm due so close to the end of the month!

Of course you can hun
:hi:
Im sure in the coming weeks we will have more people nearer your due date join too :flower:

Mine have been useless this time around, 3 apps 3 different women, sorry no FOUR
I actually got stuck with the trainee last time whilst the normal midwife who I had never met before either just sat in the background and observed, I have no idea who is who.

Last time around I had one midwife and that was it, same woman at all my apps. This is very lazy of them. :(

I'm sorry to hear they have been messing you around with all different midwives. I hope they sort it out soon. Is it because they have a shortage in your area or anything? Or just seem disorganized??

It sucks doesn't it - I've had the student with one mw watching, then a completely different mw, waiting to see who'll take my appt in just over a week...I think it's a shame because continuity is nice especially later on in pregnancy when you're seeing them more. I guess you never know who'll deliver you until the time though :shrug:

I'm due 20th of Feb. :) Can't wait to meet my baby girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->