• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Welcome Lauren! Yeh the scan is the 20 week one, I really can't wait to see baby again! They have a MW at the doctors - is that the one I am supposed to see? Or is the MW at the hospital? I was really expecting them to give me more info at the scan.
How is everyone with morning sickness? I seem to get it in the evenings or when I am really hungry!

I have evening sickness as well. And also when I am hungry!
You need to see MW at your surgery (doc).

Ok will give them a call on Monday and book. Have you had a flu jab? Everyone is saying I should have one. What are all your thoughts?

I didn't have the flu jab , and it seams the epidemic is almost over, I don't think I will have any. I am not getting sick easily, so I think I will take my chances.

RebeccaG my scan is also on 23rd march :happydance: it does seem like ages!

Had my scan on feb 2nd everything looked great and all tests came back low risk for downs. I also noticed on my paperwork the scan made me due the 8th aug instead of 9th. going to see what the next scan says and if that says 8th too im changing my edd!! i know its only one day but its one day closer! if it was one day longer i wouldnt change it! ha ha!!

How is everyone else doing?

xxx

Yeh it's strange how it changes but then the doctor only goes on period dates which can't be that accurate I guess. I really can't wait for my next scan! I'm tempted to get the 3d or 4d scan as well as I just love seeing him/her. Have you got any ideas on what you are having? Xx

Tbh i have no idea! i knew my 1st dd was a girl and didnt find out until delivery. my 2nd dd i could have sworn blind she was a boy, i had a sexing scan and they said girl! i'm like 'your wrong' lol but they were right! :happydance:
I would love another girl but aslong as it's healthy i dont honestly mind, a boy would be a nice change and give my hubby some boy backup lol. i just know where i stand with girls! :baby:

When are you thinking of having another scan if you paid? i keep thinking about a 4d one at around 30 weeks, but i dont know :shrug:

xxx

I have absolutely no idea if it's a boy or a girl. From the 12week scan it was so active and wriggly, we assumed boy! But this week I'm thinking maybe a girl - I really have no idea. Are you supposed to feel it and know? Do you feel different than with your last pregnancy? I don't have anything to compare it to.
I read somewhere that having the 3d/4d scan is best at 26 weeks as you can see lots and the baby isn't too squashed so can move easily. It's not long now til 23rd March (keep telling myself) with half term next week which always goes quickly! Really really can't wait to see it again.

I didn't think about the being squashed bit! i may look into one around the 26week mark then. let me know if you decide to book somewhere!!

People say they just know what sex is is but like i said i only knew with my first, i was wrong with my second, so what do i know lol!

This preg is soooo different from the others in a few ways-
The father is different, I'm nearly 8 yrs older than my last pregnancy and it's taken sooo long to happen so to guess the sex from previous experience, the way i carried, amount of sickeness etc is impossible as there have been so many changes from my last ones, i supose it could be down to carrying a boy this time???? or just the fact that i'm no longer a spring chicken and that the father is different??? :shrug: only time will tell!!

Roll on the 23rd :happydance::happydance::baby:

You are so lucky...

I will have to wait till the 6th od Aipril to see my LO again, and maybe to find out if my bump is pink or blue... :baby:

I hate the waiting lol i'm one of those people that wants everything done yesterday!

6th of april is only 2 weeks after ours, will you be finding out the sex? or keeping a suprise?

:baby:

I am defenatly finding out! I can't wait...
I can't wait for the scan to see the LO again, I can't wait to have a bump (real baby bump) and can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl... I am so bad in waiting games lol..

We are 2 of a kind then :thumbup:
I'm just trying to keep busy, things have been going pretty quickly so far i supose so i should be grateful. It's when everything is bought and ready, your to big and uncomfy to do much and you've got nothing else to keep you busy accept waiting for the birth. Thats the longest most boring bit. :sleep:

I definitely want to know if it's a boy or girl! I'm a very impatient person I think and I really want to know now! Has anyone felt any movement yet? Saw a MW today and she asked if I had felt anything... I don't think so anyway. I thought I saw something in the bath that looked a bit like a muscle twitching. Have you been watching One Born Every Minute? Some of the births on there look amazing! Some also look sooooo painful! eeeek!

I want to watch it, which channel is it and when? (thanks in advance)
I have been suffering from painful crumps/stubbing pains in Lower belly... Not pleasant and worrying. Did any of u experience anything like that at your 13 week?

yes i experienced all sorts, and still do now, i have a dull cramp which lasts for ages, happens once or twice a day, makes my uterus feel all warm!! BH??

i'm also suffering with back pain already :growlmad: i had a real bad back with my 2nd DD and looks like it will be worse this time! gutted!! dont worry about any cramps and pains, it's all part of it unfortunately. the only time i'd worry is if they are incredibly painful and/or are accompanied by bleeding or anything out of the ordinary like fever, vomiting, diarrhea etc.

Yes ive been watching one born, i love it, i didnt watch the first season so i watched it all on 4od :thumbup: some people though are total nutters :wacko: ha ha! i want a water/hypno birth at my local midwife unit. i had both DD's there and its great, they didnt have a pool all them years ago but it's all been done up and they have one now :thumbup: i hope it's not taken though as there is only 2 labour rooms and only one has the pool :cry:

purapura it's on channel 4 at 9pm mondays go to https://www.channel4.com/programmes/One-Born-Every-Minute/4od and you can watch all episodes so far.

I also have occasional cramps - although have a urine infection at the moment so am on antibiotics so my cramps could have been related to that. The doctor said it is normal to get cramping as everything is expanding down there! But yeh if it gets really bad or if there is blood etc you should get checked. I would go to the doctor anyway if you are at all worried - best to be safe.
I love love love one born. I am so liking the idea of water birth! They all look so much more chilled - Lydia's was incredible! I want a birth like that! Some of the guys I think are sooo annoying. Some of my friends have had home births with pools and said they were just amazing - so I'm considering that. Is a MW unit a birthing centre? Where do you find those? X

Yes Rebecca it's a birthing center, midwifes only, no doctors, theatres, epidurals etc. it's only 5 mins away from me so it's ideal although like i said it's only got 2 birthing rooms so if they are in use you have to go to hospital :nope: it's well known in my area, lots of people i know have had their babies there. apparently they dont allow first time mums anymore!? which i think is stupid! i had my first there with no problem. ask your midwife about your nearest midwife led centre.

I looked at birthing pools for home (birthing pool in a box, i think), we have a big enough lounge for one but i don't want to have to deal with the mess after, plus having to inflate it and fill it, i don't want to upset the dogs seeing me in pain, and i dont want them shut away in the kitchen or garden for hours, plus theyd just bark the place down which would hardly help me relax and ZONE out lol. for me home would be my second choice, i'd rather get the birthing room messy and let the staff worry about clearing up HA HA then leave after a few hours and return to a clean and tidy house :thumbup:

I thought about buying the pool at around 35 weeks, going to my birthing centre as planned and if the pool is in use then go home and birth there. if i can use the birthing center pool i'll send the pool i bought back as they have a 90day refund policy and as long as it's all unopened you get a full refund. :thumbup: that way im guaranteed my water birth one way or another. unless i end up being induced :nope: my WORST nightmare, i HATE my local hospital. :growlmad:

xxchelseaxx said:
purapura it's on channel 4 at 9pm mondays go to https://www.channel4.com/programmes/One-Born-Every-Minute/4od and you can watch all episodes so far.

Thanks a lot! Already watched one episod... A bit scared now, but it is very interesting and helping to understand what to expect. Thanks

Honestly don't be scared, some of those women are off their rocker!:wacko: the ones who scream uncontrollably make it so much more painful for themselves acting that way! i had my 1st dd 8 weeks after i turned 17, she was 8.10lb and i was a skinny size 8, i didnt need an epi or stitches. i was petrified but on the other hand i handled it well because i already felt like people looked down their nose at me for being so young and i didnt want to make a fool of myself as i thought if i screamed they would think i was overreacting, i just breathed like the midwife told me and tried to relax, i gave birth in silence. the lady in the room next door had a pair of lungs on her though!! lmao. however i did swear a couple of times with my 2nd dd :blush:
I'm sooo excited to go into labour again, i cant wait to meet my little bundle :baby:

Do any of you have plans for your birth? who are your birthing partners? will you have any pictures taken during your labour and birth? or just afterwards? are you going to get an epi if offered or any other pain relief? it will be interesting to share our birth plans and see how close we all come to actually following them! lol. ive never done one before so i cant wait to see if things all work out the way i want/hope or not!

much love to you. xxx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"