• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

I hope they find out what your rash is to as we have german measles going round our school to! I am immune to it also so all ok there.

Yes Chelsea is right I think with the MW and it is the same around here as well. You kept the same one but if having a home birth, it is whoever is on at that time...

I am having my next scan on April 20th and debating whether we should find out the sex.......thoughts please ladies!

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying our little chats on here :o)

CEM1805 find out, find out!!! lol. :happydance:

i cant wait to know the sex, i am dying to get some more bits like bedding, clothes, bouncy chair etc and cant until i know the sex! i wont even buy dummies until i can buy either pink or blue ones! ha ha!

what has everyone bought so far?
ive bought a hammock for baby to sleep in instead of moses basket and nappies and some bottles.
ive bought myself some comfy tracksuit bottoms, maternity bottoms, some jumpers and a load of tops, 2 belly bands, a maternity pillow and started stocking up on breast pads!!:thumbup:

:baby:

CEM1805, I think you should defiantly find out! Think about it, you will know what colours to by... you will be able to choose a name, and imagine how it will be when the baby is here... I can’t wait to find out!

We didn’t buy too many things as we waiting to know the gender first...
So far we bought a pushchair, Sterilize and 2 bottles... Its hubbies second child so we are using the nursery furniture from his first (they are wood, so can be for both sexes).

As for myself, I bought 3 maternity trousers at mother care. I don’t really have a bump, but they are so much more comfy then my jeans.

WoW is that your cat ????
:thumbup:

i just see your pics in the bump section! ive been a little wimpish! mine looks more like pies than baby! plus i have stretch marks! :cry:
Rubbish!

WoW is that your cat ????

i just see your pics in the bump section! ive been a little wimpish! mine looks more like pies than baby! plus i have stretch marks! :cry:
Rubbish!

Thanks,
saw your comment... :blush: I dont see much of a diference, but if others see it... Its great! :happydance:

Yes, that is my "baby" Cougar... :kiss:

Very cute cat purapura!

Yes it was my first MW app other than the MW I saw at the hospital to fill in loads of forms and get weighed etc. Oh great, so the MW I had the other day is likely to be my MW all the way through? Is there any way to change her?

We haven't bought much as we are waiting til next scan to find out whether to buy pink or blue!! We bought a unisex little outfit with a teddy on after 12wk scan to celebrate, so will probably buy something again on 23rd March if all ok. Really really can't wait. Haven't bought any of the major/expensive things yet but have been looking at ebay to see what's about on there. What are all your thoughts on push chairs, travel systems 3 in 1s ect? R x

Hi rebeccaG. not long now :happydance:

Im after a babystyle 3 in 1 travel system it has car seat, pram top and pushchair seat that all fit on the chassis, im also after the chassis with swivel wheels NOT fixed!! :thumbup:

there are looooooads about though and some are so expensive! i swear i got a travel system for £200 9 yrs ago! and there was only britax and graco around i think!!

what time is your scan on 23rd? mines at 11am. please let me know once you find out. i wonder if we will be on the same team?? or different :pink: :blue:

EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!

Oh great, so the MW I had the other day is likely to be my MW all the way through? Is there any way to change her?

Btw I'm not sure about changing her, normally a midwife has her own 'territory' lol my midwife covers a few doctors surgeries in my area. if i changed to another doctors surgery that she didn't cover i would then get whichever midwife covered that doctors surgery.

Where do you go to see you mw? a clinic, dr's surgery or hospital?

Thought you were asking me what breed for a second! Haha!

Scan is at 3pm and just can't wait. We think it's a boy as at the 12week scan it wouldn't stop moving was really hard to get a still picture - looked like a wriggly boy to me. Also a lot of boys on husbands side and quite even on mine.

Go to the doctors for MW appointment. Yeh there are two surgeries (other is in next village) and another MW for the other surgery who I met briefly who is so so lovely and was hoping it would be her. Well I guess there aren't many appointments with her? I think she said 24 wks.

I'm gonna predict girl for you chelsea just by looking at your picture! Will be funny if I'm right! Have you done any of the chinese predict thing?!

Thought you were asking me what breed for a second! Haha!

:rofl:

Ooh it's so exciting. are you hoping for a boy? or are you not bothered?

I probably shouldn't say this but i'm hoping for another girl! obviously asl ong as its healthy then thats the most important thing but i think if "god" or whoever gave me a choice and i had to pick, i'd pick a girl.

Does this make me a bad person? :cry:

Just looked at the babystyle 3 in 1. Looks really good. I definitely want something that does everything too. How did you find this one? Really like the bugaboo but they are super expensive.
Thinking of going to babyshow at the NEC in May - anyone else thinking of going or have been in the past?

I'm gonna predict girl for you chelsea just by looking at your picture! Will be funny if I'm right! Have you done any of the chinese predict thing?!

No i havent. have you?

I figure they have a 50% chance of being right and a 50% chance of being wrong!!:thumbup: lol

I may do one now just for the fun.

Just looked at the babystyle 3 in 1. Looks really good. I definitely want something that does everything too. How did you find this one? Really like the bugaboo but they are super expensive.
Thinking of going to babyshow at the NEC in May - anyone else thinking of going or have been in the past?

They have babystyle in kiddiesave? (i think)
I'm looking on ebay though.

Haha yes I know it says 50/50! I have done a couple on different websites and they say different! Would love a girl as everyone in my family has had boys recently but I just want it to be healthy. If it was a boy it would be able to have lots of fun with the other baby boys. I think I just love all the pink pretty outfits hhhah! Also, I think a girl would be easier when it gets a bit older. Yeh, guess mine - does it look like a girl or a boy to you? Heheh

Ladies I just have to say you really have me now as I think when I see our little baby on the screen on 20th April I won’t be able to hold back asking “What’s the sex??!?!” My husband wants to know as well so that’ll make it even harder for me to say on the day “No don’t tell me!!”. Hehe. Thank you. It does make sense to find out....let me know when you all find out!!!! Good luck Chelsea and Rebecca for 23rd!
We are not bothered as long as it is healthy obviously but if it is a boy it will be grand because it will mean my husband’s name can carry on but then I agree girl’s outfits are VERY cute!!!
Chelsea I didn’t know they did hammocks for babies!? I am going to go and research that on the internet now! I’ve bought maternity work trousers and tops, maternity pillow, unisex outfit after 12 week scan to celebrate and some blankets. We have been very held back as we thought it is still very early!! Although hearing what you ladies have bought maybe it isn’t! We are VERY lucky in the fact that my parents have offered to buy our pram, sister in law rocking chair, in laws the cot bed and grandparents then moses basket!
I think my bump looks more like pies than a bump.....plus everyone at work keeps saying “Cor...you’re small!!” :o(
Rebecca have you sorted out your MW crisis yet? Hope so. We like the Mothercare Spin travel system. What do you all think about it?? My husband can’t stop raving about it!!
Never been to a babyshow but have seen it advertised...may go. Not sure yet.
I haven’t done any old wives myths...is there a time that is too soon to start doing them!?!?
I apologise about the length of this email but I haven’t been on here for a while and wanted to reply to you all at once so typed it in word then cut and paste it in!!! Hehe. Geek I know. :haha:

Chelsea I didn’t know they did hammocks for babies!?

Here's a link to the one on ebay i like https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400200054454&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3221wt_905 the description tells you about the benefits of a hammock. i think its worth a shot. looks well comfy :thumbup:

I'm not sure about the mothercare spin, i havent seen it! unless i have but cant remember because of the bazillions iv'e looked at these past few weeks!! lol. But my helpful tips are :
Don't get wheels that are locked in place, swivel wheels with the option to lock if you wish are best :thumbup:
Try to get a car seat that attaches straight to your pushchair saves waking your baby up everytime you need to get it from the pushchair to car and visa versa :thumbup:

guess mine - does it look like a girl or a boy to you? Heheh

My first instinct was to say boy, but the more i look i think a girl. :pink:

Oh i hope you are right about mine :pink:

Eeeeeekkk 15 days!!!

It's my birthday tomorrow i'll be 26yrs young :winkwink: but you wouldnt know coz all i'm counting down for is my scan :happydance:

Oh dear, I missed many posts...

1. My baby is a singapura cat, he is 3.5 years old, and very cuddly (too much sometimes). Thanks for your comments.

2. I tried the Chinese gender predictions on several websites and It looks like I am having a boy and a girl... lol

3. I saw the Mother care spin, It’s very nice, and not too expensive ... my only complain was that the pushchair does no recline…

4. xxchelseaxx, I also predict you a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->