Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

I have no real plan, still checking options. The birth pool does sound very interesting. But I am still thinking about it.

My Hubby will be my birth partner :hugs: , as my family don't live in the UK and don't speak any English... :nope:
I would like to have pics during, as I am sure I will not remember anything after it’s all over, but I think I will need any help I can get from hubby, so not sure about him taking pics. Plus I will probably look so red and messy that I will not even want to look at those pics. lol :haha:

How about you? What is the plan?
:flower:

Hello ladies!

May I join in your thread?!

I am also due on 19th August with my first and am looking for a bump buddy!!

How have you found pregnancy so far??

Charlie
xxx

HI Charlie,

Off course you can join in. You are more then welcome.

I am due on the 24th of August.

So far I had everything in the book, MS, crumps, cravings (Love McDonalds Ice cream), sore boobs, bleeding gums, frequent loo visits, heartburn, lightheadedness and I am hungry ALL the time! :dohh:

What about you?

Cor that does not sound like fun at all! Bless you.

I have ben fairly lucky and have had few cramps, morning sickness from week 10 and few cravings but my main one has been how tired I have been!!! I am a teacher and so I have been really struggling with overcoming that but everyone assures me that now I am hitting nearly 15 weeks, I should start feeling more awake and less 'zombiefied'!lol.

Oh I was meant to ask how do you add your tickers onto here from thebump.com!?!?!

Welcome CEM1805! Did you manage to find out how to do your ticker? It took me ages to work that out too! Only just started to eat normally again. I'm a teacher too! Loving half term, not looking fwd to going back tho - am liking being able to fall asleep during the day! I'm having quite a bit of heartburn, especially in the evenings. Is anyone showing any bumps yet? Or had any feelings? I can't wait to feel mine! X

Hi girls, just checking in making sure you and bumps are all ok.
will update soon, busy busy busy!!!

take care :flower:

Hi Rebecca,

I am totally with you on the fact of being able to fall asleep during the day and not have to worry about it!!! I love being off. Am so much more relaxed when I am off. What year do you teach?? When are you due??

Funny you should say about heart burn as I have had it the last couple of days! Any ideas of how to relieve it???

I think I have a bump but got my husband to take a photo of it (as I would like to take one every month to show the bump progression!!) and it looks more like Ive put on some weight (my husband doesn't agree!) lol.
How about you??

Charlie

Hi Rebecca,

I am totally with you on the fact of being able to fall asleep during the day and not have to worry about it!!! I love being off. Am so much more relaxed when I am off. What year do you teach?? When are you due??

Funny you should say about heart burn as I have had it the last couple of days! Any ideas of how to relieve it???

I think I have a bump but got my husband to take a photo of it (as I would like to take one every month to show the bump progression!!) and it looks more like Ive put on some weight (my husband doesn't agree!) lol.
How about you??

Charlie

I have no real plan, still checking options. The birth pool does sound very interesting. But I am still thinking about it.

My Hubby will be my birth partner :hugs: , as my family don't live in the UK and don't speak any English... :nope:
I would like to have pics during, as I am sure I will not remember anything after it’s all over, but I think I will need any help I can get from hubby, so not sure about him taking pics. Plus I will probably look so red and messy that I will not even want to look at those pics. lol :haha:

How about you? What is the plan?
:flower:

Oh right! Where abouts are you from originally? a friend of mine from poland had the same problem, all her family were in poland except for her partner, however her partner had very poor english and her english wasnt all that great either, felt really sorry for her as i dont think she had a clue what was going on from what she told me!

My plans all gone out the window now :growlmad: i saw my midwife and found out the birthing pool is broke and has been since last feb!!! Gutted!! next time i see her im going to ask if i can bring my own pool, i dont see why not! :shrug: My hubby will be with me and i have a friend coming to photograph my labour. i'm not sure weather ill feel uncomfortable having her there as with my previous births i only had the father there and no one else. i said i don't want any 'business end' shots!! lol!! just labour and tasteful pictures.
i'll see if i can find the link to the kind of thing i want. back in a sec :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwY9J1YpAqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDPzR5ZfNbg

i'm after something like these. I think they are lovely and tasteful. :thumbup:

I don't see why you can't bring your own pool!!

These videos are beautiful and the second one brought a tear to my eye!

Oh right! Where abouts are you from originally? a friend of mine from poland had the same problem, all her family were in poland except for her partner, however her partner had very poor english and her english wasnt all that great either, felt really sorry for her as i dont think she had a clue what was going on from what she told me!

I was born in Russia, but almost all of my family moved to Israel almost 20 years ago.
My Hubby speak english almost perfect (well at least that is what I think) so I sure it will be fine at the hospital. And me, I can swear pretty well in English :haha:... (isn't that all I'll need while in labours)
I am luck, as my hubby is portuguese, therefor we speak English at home. So my english is getting beter and better ever day (At least I hope so... :winkwink: ).

Was a real struggle this morning!! I teach primary and am currently teaching a mixed year 2/3 class which are lovely but bit of handful! How about you?
I'm finding that Rennie helps my heart burn - read something very random the other day about getting heart burn means you'll have a hairy baby!!! Hahah!
Going back to school today everyone told me there was a definite bump! I was wearing something quite bump revealing tho! Hehehe. I'm due on 10th August, you?
Have routine MW appointment tomo - any idea what to expect or what I should take? Rxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwY9J1YpAqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDPzR5ZfNbg

i'm after something like these. I think they are lovely and tasteful. :thumbup:

Those videos are amazing - I love the idea of a water birth and really hope I can have one.

That made me chuckle when I read about heartburn and a hairy baby! Lol.

I am due on 19th Aug!!

I went back to school mon and tues and then off yesterday and today with sickness bug...can't believe it! Not a great start to the term!!! I am currently teaching a mixed year 1/2 class which are challenging as well!! It is our world book activity day tomorrow so will be back in for that which can't be all bad, 3 day week :oS

I would like a water birth as well. I was meant to have my MW appointment yesterday but had to cancel it due to being ill so its been rearranged for 16th March. I think you just have to take your pregnancy pack and you!! She may just feel your stomach, take your BP, ask how you've been, may do a urine sample and check weight.

Purapura I think your English is very good!!

Haven't had a great week back either! On Thursday suddenly came out in rash - everywhere. Was embarrassing as children in my class noticed it! Had to rush to doctors as it looks like german measles. Thankfully it can't be as my blood tests from a couple of months ago say I'm immune. Doctor completely clueless! Have now had more blood tests to try and find out what it is.

Poor you with the sickness bug! That's horrible. world book day was crazy - lots of boys dressed up as harry potter doing spells on each other!

MW appointment was good as heard the heart beat! So amazing. Not sure I really clicked with MW, she was a bit strange! Do you know if she will be the one I have every time? Also, if I have a home birth will she be the MW?

is this your first mw app rebeccaG? you normally keep the same midwife through out your preg and postnatal but normally for home births you just get whoevers oncall. atleast thats how things work in my neck of the woods. :thumbup: i'm sorry to hear about your rash! thats not good! i hope they figure out what it is soon, hopefully something harmless.

purapura i would never have known you wernt born in uk, your english writing spot on :thumbup: i learnt french at school i even got a B grade (my highest grade) yet all i remember now are the swear words!!:haha: lol.

Only 17 days until :pink: or :blue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->