Due around August 20th!

Got my MaterniT21 test results and they were NORMAL!! :happydance: That means I won't have to get a CVS or Amnio done. :cloud9::thumbup::dance::yipee::wohoo:

10 weeks today!!! Woo hoo!!!

Congrats momof5wants1 on your test results, what a relief! :hugs:

Great news momof5!!

How is everyone else doing?

Congrats, momof5!

Migraine tried to kill me yesterday. Traded in my migraine for nausea today. :wacko: How are you doing, SMGP?

Hi All

Just catching up on all the posts. :)

As for testing, I decided I wont be having any extra tests done for like Downs syndrome, as those tests are not 100% only an estimate. When i told my MW I didn't feel i wanted them as I would deal with what ever cards I was given, she told me that they are only %'s and that she has known of couples whom where told they would have a DS baby and didn't and visa verse.

And any other serious problems they can pick up on the 20 week scan anyway. But that's just my opinion though :)

As for the Woppers and Big Mac's, well, I am not a big meat eater at all (never have been since I was a baby) but OMG in my first pregnancy I craved Mac burgers, and what ever red meat I could get hold of. No chicken and no fish, they made me feel ill just at the thought of it.

So the way i see it is, eat what your body is telling you to eat (but only if safe to eat) This pregnancy I was craving tons of tomatoes with a lot of salt on from the start, thought it was the tomatoes but actually it was the salt which is due to my very low BP, which i only found out recently. But just shows, our bodies are awsome and know what we need before we even do or any test :)

momof5wants1: Really Glad to hear all is Great and no further tests required :) Must be such a relief. I am happy for you! I dont think I could hack them tests tbh. But them I am a bit of a baby when it comes to needles etc.

Yeah, I do not think we are going to do it. The on
Y reason I wanted to was so I could get an ultrasound! Haha. Thinking of maybe getting a private one done...just do not know when. Hubby has been crazy busy at work, his boss just retired so he has been having to do all of her work on top of his work....I am shocked he can even come to my appointment next week!!

I just cannot wait for those next few weeks to be over! Cannot wait to be in second tri! I feel like it is goimg to feel like such an accomplishment!! Haha when does everyone consider themselves 2nd tri? 12 or 13 weeks? I have an appointment at 12 weeks and I am hoping my doc will say something about me being in 2nd tri even though I say 13 weeks, it will just make me feel better!!

How is everyone else doing? Anyone starting to pop out yet? Everyone feeling good?

Think I might have to have another Big Mac tomorrow!!

:hugs: to all of you!!

Yeah, I do not think we are going to do it. The on
Y reason I wanted to was so I could get an ultrasound! Haha. Thinking of maybe getting a private one done...just do not know when. Hubby has been crazy busy at work, his boss just retired so he has been having to do all of her work on top of his work....I am shocked he can even come to my appointment next week!!

I just cannot wait for those next few weeks to be over! Cannot wait to be in second tri! I feel like it is goimg to feel like such an accomplishment!! Haha when does everyone consider themselves 2nd tri? 12 or 13 weeks? I have an appointment at 12 weeks and I am hoping my doc will say something about me being in 2nd tri even though I say 13 weeks, it will just make me feel better!!

How is everyone else doing? Anyone starting to pop out yet? Everyone feeling good?

Think I might have to have another Big Mac tomorrow!!

:hugs: to all of you!!

I am right there with you, I will most certainly feel the leaving the first Trimester as a accomplishment :happydance: For me, the day i become 13 weeks is when i see myself in the 2nd trimester. I have my scan at 12+4 weeks, so to me it makes sense and my weeks start on Sundays :)

Belly wise, I am constantly hugely bloated. Not so much first thing in the morning though. OH said yesterday I am starting to show, but i think its just bloat TBH.

I am really tired still and my skin is so so so dry. But either than that doing great :)

And on that note :hug: to all, not far to go until we reach our next chapter

For the first time in my life I have low blood pressure too. why would that be?? can you do anything to get it back up to normal? is low better than high? My doctor didnt seem to concerned.. I got to see my baby on Friday because i switched doctors and they wanted to do their own pregnancy confirmation, and I will get to see 'her" again next friday for the 12 week nuchal scan. Im excited!
I am really starting to show. We wanted to wait until 2nd tri to tell people, but I dont think there is any hiding it anymore. i know some people wont notice especially if i consiously 'suck in' but why do that? its exhausting and Im proud that Im pregnant. Maybe its time to tell family. they dont live here so they never see me. I feel bad though because random people know and family doesnt :dohh:

*Waves*

Hello ladies :flower: How are you all doing?

Pineapple, I hear you on the dry skin! I'm flaking all over. Lol. Hope you are doing well!

SMGP, glad your hubby can be there with you. I was really worried about that with OH too but, luckily, his manager is being very good to us. Haha, I thought of doing the extra tests for the ultrasound too :haha: It's not covered by insurance though and sounded quite expensive. We also decided that it would make no difference to us and figured we'd have some ideas at the 20wk scan as well.

My nausea is going away. I know we all feel great knowing we're pregnant but I hope you ladies starting to feel much better as we move along.
Hubby says wow you'll be 3 mos soon times flying... Uhm no you get sick 3x daily see if times flies for you I'm ready to see my lil blip and I feel like its taking forever!
Not sure about the testing ill try not to think about it and do what test my dr. Suggests. I tend to over analyze and worry too much.
My eating habits completely changed idk what I want anymore which makes shopping and life difficult for my OH. :haha: but we did make a trip to the store last night so I could make banana pudding today
I know what I want when I want it.My face is breaking out but has been since I got off BC, I guess something in it balanced my hormones hopefully dr recommends something that will help that's safe for the baby.
As for now no belly I am bloated though, I'm super thin I'm not sure when I shld start showing. Everyone's diff I guess.

Have a wonderful day ladies!:cloud9::hugs:

For the first time in my life I have low blood pressure too. why would that be?? can you do anything to get it back up to normal? is low better than high? My doctor didnt seem to concerned.. I got to see my baby on Friday because i switched doctors and they wanted to do their own pregnancy confirmation, and I will get to see 'her" again next friday for the 12 week nuchal scan. Im excited!
I am really starting to show. We wanted to wait until 2nd tri to tell people, but I dont think there is any hiding it anymore. i know some people wont notice especially if i consiously 'suck in' but why do that? its exhausting and Im proud that Im pregnant. Maybe its time to tell family. they dont live here so they never see me. I feel bad though because random people know and family doesnt :dohh:
Hi Runnergrl

Low blood pressure isn't really dangerous. The problem is that it can make you feel lightheaded, dizzy and sometimes you can faint. So in elderly people it can be dangerous due to the injuries they may suffer from should they fall.

Like you, I have always had spot on BP, this is the first time ever I have experienced this. But a little salt will boost it up again.

So i tend to eat a tomotoe/cucumber slices with salt sprinkled on or a pack of ready salted crisps if i am out and about and feeling "dizzy". Even a pack of Mac D fries does the trick (they do put a lot of salt on them fries)

My nausea is going away. I know we all feel great knowing we're pregnant but I hope you ladies starting to feel much better as we move along.
Hubby says wow you'll be 3 mos soon times flying... Uhm no you get sick 3x daily see if times flies for you I'm ready to see my lil blip and I feel like its taking forever!
Not sure about the testing ill try not to think about it and do what test my dr. Suggests. I tend to over analyze and worry too much.
My eating habits completely changed idk what I want anymore which makes shopping and life difficult for my OH. :haha: but we did make a trip to the store last night so I could make banana pudding today
I know what I want when I want it.My face is breaking out but has been since I got off BC, I guess something in it balanced my hormones hopefully dr recommends something that will help that's safe for the baby.
As for now no belly I am bloated though, I'm super thin I'm not sure when I shld start showing. Everyone's diff I guess.

Have a wonderful day ladies!:cloud9::hugs:

If its any consolation I am starting with the odd spot on my face, on my jawline. And I have to admit, what a strange feeling that is, since I haven't had any spots on my face for at least 1.5 decades lol

I have noticed I am getting skin tags too though, so all in all where my skin is concerned I dont feel very attractive at all.

But saying that, it all worth it for this lille one :cloud9:

Hope you feel much better real real soon!

salt, really? I just heard the remedy is drinking tons of water! I do have the odd lightheaded episode and have actually fainted recently when standing up too quickly. How weird the conflicting things we read!

I believe salt/dehydration go hand-in-hand. That's why when you are dehydrated, they pump you with fluid which is basically saline. This is also why sports drinks contain sodium (and glucose). Salt increases blood volume so that can have a role on blood pressure. Tap water contains sodium so in the end you are getting salt as well. It really depends on the main cause for issues occurring as that can affect the course of treatment. I know for a fact though that with us dysautonomia patients, POTS patients in particular (who have an issue with low blood pressure) are often told by their doctors to increase their sodium intake. :flower:

Runnergirl, what was your BP if you do not mind me asking? I thought mine was low at my last appointment, but doc did not say anything so I did not think too much about it. (Low for what is usually is)
Didn't you have a scan? Thought I saw another thread with your pics!!

I dont remember what it was, but I remember hearing the number, something over something and thinking, 'thats not what it normally is' and the nurse said it was low. she even took it twice. didnt seem concerned tho. yes I did have an ultrasound:) baby looks great:) pics are in my journal if anyone wants to see them.

How are you SMGP?

Yeah, doc did not say anything about mine either so we must be fine!
Your pics look great!! I don't remember if we talked about it, but are you finding out the sex? Did they give you an EDD based on your scan? Or are they just going by LMP?

I am good! Doc. Appointment a week from today!! Cannot wait! This week is already dragging on! But I have nephew's birthday party on Saturday then my birthday and Super Bowl is on Sunday, so I just have to get through the next few days then hopefully all the stuff this weekend will take my mind off of it!

I dont remember what it was, but I remember hearing the number, something over something and thinking, 'thats not what it normally is' and the nurse said it was low. she even took it twice. didnt seem concerned tho. yes I did have an ultrasound:) baby looks great:) pics are in my journal if anyone wants to see them.

How are you SMGP?

OOOh, how do I get to see your Journal? would love to see the scans :)

well my BP was 90/55 which was low, and then again at 100/60 which was also low. So the midwife said, but to me, when it comes to BP and what it all means etc, I have no idea lol But like you I am sure pre pregnancy mine was something over 80 I am sure, but then pre pregnancy seems such a looong time ago and with preggy brain, who knows :wacko:

if you click on my parenting journal in my signature, it will take you to it. I think the pictures are a page or two from the end. We've been having some discussion about my inlaws in my journal recently...drama..

SMGP- yes, they measured baby at my scan and they lined up exactly with my LMP dates, so measuring perfect and spot on. My EDD is still Aug 19th. We will be finding out the sex, but I really want to keep it to ourselves. Kind of different, but I didnt want to know, so its a compromise. what about you? Happy Birthday Sunday!

Not sure if its just me, but the link doesnt seem to be working when i click on it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->