Due around August 20th!

dont forget to start doing your Kegels ladies! Its never too early to start!

Have nothing to report as I am having a rough day.

Hope you all have lovely weekends:)

Rough day here too. My daughter has strep pharyngitis so not getting much sleep.

Anyone know of a good place to get maternity clothes? Online or just stores in general? I'd like to start looking for some good deals and I have no idea where to even look.

i just started a thread about that in 1st tri! i dont know how to link it, but check it out

Anyone know of a good place to get maternity clothes? Online or just stores in general? I'd like to start looking for some good deals and I have no idea where to even look.

I would avoid Walmart as they only sell maternity online. It is really hard to get maternity that fits, so buying it online isn't really realistic. Kmart still sells maternity, as well as JCPenny's, and they aren't too expensive. Maternity Motherhood sometimes has some decent prices. Goodwill also is a good place. Lots of people will wear maternity for one pregnancy and then donate them. I'm on a pretty strict budget, so I use the cheapest possible route. And I plan to put a few things that I need on layaway at Kmart too, like the bassinet. My travel system is only 4 years old, so thankfully I don't need to get a new one. :flower:

I have not started to look at maternity clothes yet...but soon!!

I felt so self conscience about my belly yesterday...almost started crying!! Darn hormones! I just feel like it looks fat right now...all my shirts are getting tighter but I am not obviously pregnant. Someone at work actually asked me yesterday if I was! I cannot wait until everyone knows so people are not just looking at ,e weird. My friend said you can tell I am pregnant and it is not just fat since that is the only thing on my body that has changed. I just want it to totally pop out already!!!

if you get the maternity shirts with the ruching on the sides, its very flattering and it definitely helps with the looking "pregnant" and not fat bit;)

I have not started to look at maternity clothes yet...but soon!!

I felt so self conscience about my belly yesterday...almost started crying!! Darn hormones! I just feel like it looks fat right now...all my shirts are getting tighter but I am not obviously pregnant. Someone at work actually asked me yesterday if I was! I cannot wait until everyone knows so people are not just looking at ,e weird. My friend said you can tell I am pregnant and it is not just fat since that is the only thing on my body that has changed. I just want it to totally pop out already!!!

I feel the same way! When I told people at work that I'm pregnant I got a lot of great responses, but one lady was like "Oh you're pregnant?! Yeah, I can totally tell!" and she pointed at my belly ): I'm definitely not showing yet! Then last week two other people asked me if I was wearing maternity clothes yet... ): I know I look chubbier, so it's frustrating. I can't wait to actually pop so I'm out of this awkward in between stage...

if you get the maternity shirts with the ruching on the sides, its very flattering and it definitely helps with the looking "pregnant" and not fat bit;)

Totally Agree, my only problem is, they are so hard to find. I looked yesterday and some of the maternity wear is just ridiculous. In fact some of them just rubbed me up the wrong way. T-Shirts with logo's stating " Too Posh to Push" ?????? what?

Or is that just me?

no, I agree completely. I saw a shirt that said, "pregnant is the new skinny" what?? I do have one shirt with a saying on it from last time, but its just funny. Just one word, with glitter.. "babylicious" LOL! I just hate the shirts that are straight down and just a bit longer in front. really? thats terrible.

I have one that say "Pretty lady may be hungrier than she appears", one that is Roger Rabbit and the baby from the movie that say "Me and my baby" and one that has a teddy bear and blocks that spells out "baby" and I've had the last two since I was pregnant with my first one, 23 years ago. LOL

At least it is winter so we can all get away with wearing big baggy sweatshirts for the most part!! By the time it is warm enough in Minnesota to not wear big baggy sweatshirts I will be far enough along to wear cute maternity tank tops!! Haha

Hubby got me a spa day package for my birthday! Massage, mani, pedi all the good stuff! Cannot wait to relax! He talked to my best friend and she is gonna come with so we can have a girls day. She will have to drink my mimosa's. haha

I have doc appointment tomorrow! Hubby gets to come to this one! So he will be able to hear the heartbeat...hopefully I will too this time since doc is the only one that could hear it last time!

How is everyone else doing? We are almost out of first tri!!!!! Whoop woop!!!

Anyone else experience, either now or in a previous pregnancy, a sharp pain near their belly button? Mines to the left, it hurt this morning when I first woke up, but has been getting worse as the day has gone on. It's terrible! It hurts just to touch it or when I get up and walk around. Is this just routine stretching? If it is, could my uterus already have stretched this far up?

Clearly, I'm clueless. It's really nice to have all of you ladies to go through this with! :hugs:

Anyone else experience, either now or in a previous pregnancy, a sharp pain near their belly button? Mines to the left, it hurt this morning when I first woke up, but has been getting worse as the day has gone on. It's terrible! It hurts just to touch it or when I get up and walk around. Is this just routine stretching? If it is, could my uterus already have stretched this far up?

Clearly, I'm clueless. It's really nice to have all of you ladies to go through this with! :hugs:

5 children and I have never had anything like this. I would suggest getting checked out by the doctor, rather than wait it out. That way it eases your mind and they might be able to give you some instruction on stretches or something.:shrug:

Had my u/s today. First time seeing baby. Due date changed of course aug 23rd.
Baby was sleeping no movement saw the heart beat everything seems to be just. I can stop worrying so much. Happy to finally see him/her. Husband was there hopefully it becomes more real to him now. Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day. :cloud9:

Baby was sleeping no movement saw the heart beat everything seems to be just. I can stop worrying so much. Happy to finally see him/her. Husband was there hopefully it becomes more real to him now. Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day. :cloud9:

That's awesome!! Congrats!!

aaaw so so cute, just LOVE the lille wee wee scan.

I would say go for a check up. I do get the odd like weird feeling which does feel like my tummy stretching but havnt had anything like you described. The est way I can describe how mine feels, is almost like when someone (kids do to each other) gives you what they call a Chinese bangle or donkey bite on your arm But no sharp pains.

The Doc can at least put your mind at ease :)

I read somewhere that at 12 weeks the baby's reflexes are working so if you poke your belly the baby will "jump" around. Anyone herd this or believe it? Not that we could feel it now, it is just crazy to think that! I also read they can hear at 16 weeks...what has everyone else heard or read?

I read somewhere that at 12 weeks the baby's reflexes are working so if you poke your belly the baby will "jump" around. Anyone herd this or believe it? Not that we could feel it now, it is just crazy to think that! I also read they can hear at 16 weeks...what has everyone else heard or read?

I don't know about the reflexes, but I did read at 16 weeks they start to hear. So just a few more weeks before I'll need to start being extra careful about what I say and how I say it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->