Due August 2017

Hi Sophie!

I'm so sorry you've had 9 losses! Did the doctors figure out why?

Unfortunately not definitively.
Base bloods were all normal, karyotyping was normal, the thing that made a difference this time is Id noticed something my consultant didnt. At my ultrasound to check my womb when not pregnant, my womb lining was thin (4.2mm at CD25) on the last day of my cycle. This coincided with my short cycles, short luteal phase and I realised I probably needed progesterone.
After some begging, he prescribed it from bfp alongside baby aspirin to help thicken my womb lining - low and behold we have passed the dreaded 5.5w pregnant and gone on further AND we saw baby heartbeat. :happydance:

It just goes to show, sometimes you need to trust your own instincts :thumbup:

Hey 2much! We were unexplained infertility too. Easy as pie getting our son, but #2 was not working. :( We did one round of IVF and so far...we've been lucky!

That is "lucky" but still definitely not easy. Glad to see you here! :flower: Our journey was long, but no IVF. I don't know if you feel this struggle too, but I am having a hard time feeling like it is real. I feel guilty, almost.

After trying for 3 years, it definitely has times where it still doesn't feel real. So I completely understand ladies. Especially after having a MC last time.

Oh it still doesn't feel real. I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear something bad happened. :( Not really how I expected my (most likely) last pregnancy to go. With my son, I was blissfully unaware of all the fears and "what if's". There were quite a few hiccups, but nothing like this. The miscarriage shook my world and made me fearful, and like it would happen again. And around week 4-5 this time, my hcg went down and the doctors all told me how sorry they were. :cry: But 3 days later my hcg more than tripled, and then they feared ectopic. It all worked out, and since 3 embryos had been transfered, they strongly believe a twin had died. But since then...so far so good! It certainly hasn't been an easy ride, and I really want to make it to feeling movement so I can breathe a little easier.

I hope your fears and worries settle down too. It's awful feeling worried all the time. :hugs:

Seems this August 2017 group is full of Rainbow babies!!

I feel like a crazy. Im always on knicker watch whenever I go to the bathroom, even if I feel completely normal cm come out (sorry tmi :blush:) i'm then straight to the bathroom to check.
I manage to convince myself Ive had a mmc when my symtoms come and go.

So far we have had 2 scans. 1 at 5w3d and the other at 7w3d when we saw a strong heartbeat. My consultant from recurrent pregnancy loss clinic did them and said I wouldnt be scanned until 12w. Thats ages away!!! No way could my anxiety hack that. So we have paid £99 for a scan on 30th Jan at 10w1d for my reassurance. See - I told you. Crazy :haha:

Please someone say they can relate!? :wacko:

A lot of people are definitely reassured by scans, I think especially after experiencing losses. I always used to feel good when they would use the Doppler and I could listen to baby for a minute. Then of course baby kicks are always reassuring later.

I just worry more about the environmental stuff around me. I work in Aviation so I worry about Jet fuel residue and on of our maintenance guys sprayed my office for ants without telling me. That has me more worried than anything right now

I use my doppler every single day - it's what keeps me sane. :)

Im ummimg and ahhing about doppler as I KNOW i'll end up obsessing.

Anyone recommend one? And when was the earliest they heard baby's hb? Taaaaa x

I just ordered one from fetal dopplar.net I think. Lol. It should be here this week some time. I need the reassurance. I check the tissue every time I use the restroom as well. I rush in there if I feel any liquid whatsoever. It's so nerve wracking being pregnant after a loss. Plus it took us so long to get pregnant it feels too good to be true at times.

I bought the sonoline b doppler off ebay. I found the heartbeat at about 8.5 weeks...which is really early. But I found my son just before 9 weeks. :)

Sonoline B.... I think some research is in order!! I think it could either go 1 of 2 ways with me.

I'll either be able to find babys hb within a week or so and use it as a form of reassurance between scans

OR

Not be able to use it properly through inexperience, not find baby hb and get myself in a right panicked state and make anxiety worse!!!

Im terrible :dohh:

Recurrent losses/infertility makes a woman crazy.

Hey guys! Hope I'm not too late to the party. I'm due August 13th with baby #2!

Hi jasminemarie! Looks like there's a few of us all due within a day or so of each other! Haha

Welcome jazz! Oh and I had ordered the sonoline b also! According to the tracking on it I should have it tomorrow! And I just ordered it Thursday. It was fetaldopplar.net I ordered it from. It was only $30

How is everyone feeling, as far as sickness and stuff.
This pregnancy so far is by far worse than my first. I feel absolutely awful almost all the time. Soooo sick and tired. SO seems to get upset because I'm not doing the work I should be. I try, I just feel so sick I can only do so much before I'm winded and puking.
Anyone else feeling this awful?

Hi ladies, can I join you all? I'm due 5th August :wave:

How is everyone feeling, as far as sickness and stuff.
This pregnancy so far is by far worse than my first. I feel absolutely awful almost all the time. Soooo sick and tired. SO seems to get upset because I'm not doing the work I should be. I try, I just feel so sick I can only do so much before I'm winded and puking.
Anyone else feeling this awful?

Yes, this is exactly how I feel! I carried a few books upstairs today and had to lie down for a few minutes when I got to the top! I've been much more sick this time than I was last time :nope: my DH is picking up the extra housework but is making sure I know he isn't happy about it!

Hi Sarah!
Luckily my morning sickness is slacking off. I've felt better this last week than I have in ages. I still have momentary waves of nausea if I eat something baby doesn't like though.
On another note, I received my Doppler today and I found the heartbeat for just a moment before the baby moved, and I felt him/her move!!! It was so exciting! I thought I felt a flutter the other day, but there was no doubt about this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->