Due August 2017

My personal rule is nothing over a class/category B drug when pregnant. So...tylenol. Lol

Keep in mind Pepto Bismol and anything with menthol (that's in most cough/soar throat candies) are not recommended during pregnancy.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience thus far. My husband and I have been trying for over 4 years. On 9/14/16 I had multiple procedures done. A d&c, a lapriscopic operative, as well as a hysteroscopy. My ob also gave me some medication to start ovulation but pretty much told us that the chance of us getting pregnant was about 15%. If that.

In late November, early December we found out I was, in fact, pregnant and we finally had a stroke of luck. Or so we thought. We were terrified and honestly had been working together on coming to terms with being unable to conceive.

On Dec 24th I ended up in the er with heavy spotting and cramps. After hours and hours of tests and waiting we were told everything looked good but to wait a few days before going back to work. On December 28th I went back to work... I felt sick all day, luckily I work at a call center. So there isn't any heavy lifting but it is stressful. Around 430 I had felt an incredibly uncomfortable gush. I ran into the bathroom only to see my thighs and hands covered in blood. (tmi I know. I'm sorry).

Of course I went home and called the hospital to see what to do. They couldn't get me in until the next day. And it wasn't my personal ob. But someone else at the place I go to. She verified I was having a miscarriage and scheduled me for blood work in a few days to make sure my levels were dropping.

They weren't. In fact they were still rising. So the Dr had me get an emergency ultrasound on Jan 4th telling me that it'd probably be ectopic and I'd need surgery.

I walked out with a picture of my baby and it's heartbeat. I am now 9 weeks, 5-6 days and baby seems healthy. I am on complete pelvic rest and have not been able to bring myself to even step into work.

I'm sorry this is so long but I'm hoping I'm not the only one going through hell even though this baby is worth it. I'm snapping at hubby constantly yet can't sleep without him (which sucks because he works nights). I've had wicked morning sickness and my stomach has been feeling terrible. I also cannot STAND being near raw meat. August 28th cannot come soon enough. Lol

My personal rule is nothing over a class/category B drug when pregnant. So...tylenol. Lol

Keep in mind Pepto Bismol and anything with menthol (that's in most cough/soar throat candies) are not recommended during pregnancy.

All of the medications I listed were category B? Tylenol is not the only category B, it is actually quite dangerous, even a little bit too much can cause liver failure.

What's the deal with menthol? I didn't know this. I asked my MW what I could have for congestion and she said steam and cough sweets is all really. So I've been having soothers that have eucalyptus and menthol!

I have been using halls honey and lemon. My dr said halls were OK. Also I take Tylenol regular strength. I think as long as your Dr/midwife has approved meds you should be safe. Vicks has been my best friend when it comes to trying to sleep lately. I've had some serious congestion.

Oh and welcome meajama! Sorry you're having such a hard time. Did you have a subchronic hemorrhage? I hope things get smoother for you, and you're able to get some rest. Sending you good vibes and thoughts!

Private scan tomorrow!!
After 9 losses I really really really hope all is growing well in there.
Im super anxious about stopping the progesterone at 12w too.

Wish me luck and cross everything for me [-o<

Oh and welcome to the new lady! Due the day after me! :wave:

Oh and welcome meajama! Sorry you're having such a hard time. Did you have a subchronic hemorrhage? I hope things get smoother for you, and you're able to get some rest. Sending you good vibes and thoughts!

Hey! And thanks. Yeah it was and I apparently still have it. They won't do another ultrasound until 12 weeks which, of course, is making me so nervous that I'm out of my mind most days lol. Good vibes are definitely appreciated.

I have like the worst cold/congestion/sore throat ever.
My mw said I could have Halls Soothers which havent helped and seems to have given me an interstitital cystitis flare up (my body must not like an ingredient in it).
Ive tried steam from a warm bath which didnt work, lemon/honey makes me so nauseous. I cant even sleep and feel so ran down.
Anyone got any tips?? :sleep::nope:

Didn't know you have IC, how awful! I have IC too, but it hasn't flared up in awhile. I am paranoid it will flare up during pregnancy. It is probably the vitamin C in the Halls Soothers that made you flare up. Or if they were citrus.

How about diffusing eucalyptus oil? This says it is safe but you may want to check with your doctor. It really helps open up my sinuses! I bought a diffuser off amazon for like $30 and you can buy essential oils on amazon too (I like the Now Brand, good health brand sold at health food stores and doesn't break the bank).

https://www.modernalternativepregna...hould-i-avoid-in-pregnancy-and-weekend-links/

Back from the scan!

Should be measuring 10w1d but baby was ahead at 10w4d!
Kicking and waving its arms and legs. Heartbeat 162bpm.
After 9 losses, im starting to believe this may actually be our rainbow!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• resized_image.jpg
    resized_image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
I have like the worst cold/congestion/sore throat ever.
My mw said I could have Halls Soothers which havent helped and seems to have given me an interstitital cystitis flare up (my body must not like an ingredient in it).
Ive tried steam from a warm bath which didnt work, lemon/honey makes me so nauseous. I cant even sleep and feel so ran down.
Anyone got any tips?? :sleep::nope:

Didn't know you have IC, how awful! I have IC too, but it hasn't flared up in awhile. I am paranoid it will flare up during pregnancy. It is probably the vitamin C in the Halls Soothers that made you flare up. Or if they were citrus.

How about diffusing eucalyptus oil? This says it is safe but you may want to check with your doctor. It really helps open up my sinuses! I bought a diffuser off amazon for like $30 and you can buy essential oils on amazon too (I like the Now Brand, good health brand sold at health food stores and doesn't break the bank).

https://www.modernalternativepregna...hould-i-avoid-in-pregnancy-and-weekend-links/

I was in remission for 6 months before the flare ups began with this pregnancy. Its so painful and because urine tests always show white blood cells, doctors always worry. I try and tell them its normal for me but it goes in one ear and out the other. :dohh:
Cold turned into chest infection so currently on antibiotics (Cefalexin 500mg 3 times a day for a week).

Indigestion seems to have got me this week too. Pregnancy is taking me for a ride this time. :haha:

How is everyone doing?
Anyone had any scans to show off? :cloud9:

I'm getting my NT Scan in a few hours. Nervous and excited!

How did it go mara?

I'm feeling OK. Congestion has definitely got me down. I've tried a humidifier every night, but I'm not convinced it's helping.

It went great! Super low risk of any issues with the baby. And the baby is measuring ahead by about 4-6 days ahead depending on which measurement you go by.

I do have complete previa right now, but I had marginal with my son and it moved. Dr feels confident it should move by the time I go into labor. :thumbup:

Thats great news hun!
Little baby just needs to keep growing and get all chubby and cute :cloud9:

I had my scan on Friday. Baby was measuring a couple of days ahead but they kept my due date the same as they said it wouldn't really make much difference. We had one very lazy baby... fingers crossed that means it will sleep a lot :winkwink:

My husband was mesmerised and I think it's made it much more real for him, he's being so nice! I'm just waiting on my nct results and am a little nervous as for my first came back as a high risk though all was fine.

best of luck to everyone having their scans coming up xxx :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5277.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Vitriolic, my baby was a day ahead on my scan too, they usually don't change the due date unless you're like 2 weeks ahead or behind. And the ultrasound definitely made my DH feel like it was more real. He loved seeing the heartbeat and said it looked like a real baby now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->