Due date confusion

bubbles82

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an accurate due date calculator? I've tried a few different ones online and come out with due dates between 22nd April and 3rd May!! I track my cycles so I'm pretty sure when I ovulated, but my cycles are irregular so the calculators don't seem to work well as I don't have the average 28 day cycle, or even the same length cycle each time. From my previous experience with midwives they just go by LMP and work out based on a 28 day cycle, which won't be accurate for me. The first time I was pregnant they didn't seem interested in the fact I charted my cycle and could tell them when I ovulated, they insisted on sticking with their calculator which was obviously way out, until I had my scans. I was offered a dating scan at around 9 weeks last time but only because I had conceived straight after a miscarriage, and so I had no recent enough LMP for them to work from. I don't think I'll be offered one this time, as I know when my LMP was, it will just put my dates around 2 weeks further along than I actually am. No big deal really, but I was hoping to have some announcement gifts made up with the due month ready for when we announce after 12 weeks, and it could be two different months!

I used this one and it was accurate:

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

Just input the day you conceived (ovulation date). I track my ovulation date and this calculator agrees with FF.

My sister had the same problem of irregular periods and even she was not able to find a calculator which could give her accurate due date. In order to help her I tried different online pregnancy calculators and I finally stumbled upon this one. Although even this calculator does not allow you to chose your menstrual cycle, unlike others it clearly states the reason why this calculator will work only for women with regular periods. The mathematical calculations is 280 days from the first date of your last menstrual period and if you are irregular periods then this calculation won't work. Another reason is most women don't remember their date of conception as they have sex on every day / alternate day of their ovulation cycle. So it is hard to determine on which date you exactly conceived. I would suggest an Ultrasound scan to know your due date with irregular periods.

You will only get a provisional due date untill your dating scan anyway. Doctors will just use the date of your last lmp till then and an average cycle length. Even if you know your cycles/ovulation dates due dates can still change at the scans. My ovulation was confirmed with temps/opk's and I know the date conception would of most likely happened but I've still been moved ahead 4 days. Just think of it as more as a guide for now. The calculator the poster above suggested is very good. It's what I always use. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

In the US, most of the time the doctors will not swerve from the LMP due date unless it ends up changing by 7 or more days at the 20 week ultrasound. It's a little annoying because I KNEW I was an early ovulater and all ultrasounds put me 7 days sooner but they refused to move my due date and of course all of my babies came 2-3 weeks early and doctors confirmed after they were born that my due date was later than it should have been lol because they could tell by the babies they were completely full term. Go figure lol.

I just state my LMP to line up with my ovulation date. Too much hassle explaining my periods to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->