Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Just curious, those of you getting blood work, is it because of a previous miscarriage? Because in my area at least, I've never heard of people getting blood work just to check their levels. Is this a UK thing?

Im in UK and havent had anything, dont see midwife until im just over 10 weeks :(

Just curious, those of you getting blood work, is it because of a previous miscarriage? Because in my area at least, I've never heard of people getting blood work just to check their levels. Is this a UK thing?

I'm in the US and I'm getting mine checked just because I'm a freak! lol I think it just depends on your dr. Mine knows I've been trying for a while and I was even on Clomid. I would go in on day 21 to get my progesterone checked to see if I ovulated and when I got the :bfp: I automatically called for more bloodwork to be done.

Im in UK and havent had anything, dont see midwife until im just over 10 weeks :(

Same here Jess - if I remember rightly from DD I had 8 week appt where all I did was get some leaflets and booked hospital scan @ 12 weeks

I have my midwife appointment at 8 weeks and they do blood tests then :) x

Definitely depends on your dr. My midwife's office checks HCG and progesterone at the confirmation and also a week later to make sure HCG is rising properly. And if there's a problem with progesterone (like with my last pregnancy), they had me come in every other day for a blood test.

And I'm in the US.

Nope, I got it done also-I think mine may be because I was getting infertility treatment.

I'm getting mine done because I developed hellp and ds was born at 29 weeks so they are keeping a very close eye on me.
I'm in nz.

Hello ladies! Mind if I join? Just got my BFP this morning, 5 months after a miscarriage. Super excited but scared at the same time!

Hello ladies! Mind if I join? Just got my BFP this morning, 5 months after a miscarriage. Super excited but scared at the same time!

Welcome Ashlee! We're happy to have you. Congratulations. Me and you are in a similar situation. Hope this is a sticky one for both of us!

Welcome Ashlee! We're happy to have you. Congratulations. Me and you are in a similar situation. Hope this is a sticky one for both of us!

Thank you! Very sorry to hear you experienced the same situation but very glad that you've gotten your rainbow BFP! FX these are the stickiest of beans!

Welcome and congrats to all the new June ladies! Our group is growing nicely :thumbup:

I didn't get any blood work with my son last time, so I think it will be the same this time. I'll be booking my first appointment for around 8 weeks. I'm in a different state this time around so it will be interesting to see how differently they do things.

Feeling great this morning! My stomach feels like I've done a lot of sit ups, I suppose that's a good thing?

I bought an ergo baby last night!!! :blush:

I got the bundle of joy so it came with the newborn insert. Exciting! Will be here next week!

Xx

Hey ladies! I just came back from a busy day. I saw the doctor to confirm the pregnancy. I was seriously thinking that it would come back negative, but man, it really hit me when the nurse announced that I was pregnant. I nearly cried! My husband is still stunned but so excited!!!

Aww congrats Mangoes! That's lovely news. Glad it went well. Xx

Hello ladies
I got my BFP yesterday :)
I am only 4 weeks but hopefully everything is going to be all right .
We have been trying only two month . I was already pregnant last month but ended up miscarrying .
We have 18 month old boy named Michael
My due date should be June 14
Happy and healthy pregnancy to all of us :)

So how is everyone feeling this morning? I don't know about anyone else but my first bathroom trip of the morning is always terrifying, I am so worried that AF will rear her ugly head. Actually every trip to the bathroom is a bit anxiety producing. Anyone else feeling like this?

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and sticky 9 months!

Baby dust to all ! :dust:

I know exactly what are you saying . I have had missed miscarriage in dec 2010 at 13 weeks and chemical last month . I am trying not to think about being pregnant until I hear the heartbeat but I guess I am not trying hard enough since I am on pregnancy page :haha:
Every time I go to the bathroom ( which is too often I would say :haha: ) I have to check is everything is all right and to be honest , every time I go I expect bad news . Especially with my lower back ache and occasional abdominal cramping which I had last month before the bleeding started :shrug::cry:

Welcome ProudMomma and congratulations! Sorry to hear about your loss last month. Sending sticky dust your way. Xx

:dust:

I have eaten a lot today. I feel like I have a never ending appetite. Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->