Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Today was pretty eventful. I fell asleep on the bus and felt pretty sick after eating a sandwich (I probably ate it too fast). While working, my nipples were on fire and I felt some cramping. When I got home, I noticed one teeny, weeny and I mean itty bitty spot of bright blood. I would have missed it if I weren't paying attention.

The beach was lovely but a little windy so we didn't stay for long, we also went for a walk along the river so I feel like I've accomplished something by getting out of the house today :haha:

Andrea, I'm taking blackmores pregnancy and breast feeding multi vitamins. Not sure if you can get them in the US as I'm in Australia. Here is a link: https://www.blackmores.com.au/products/pregnancy-breast-feeding-gold

I'm sure the cheap ones are fine! It's better than nothing and will save you $$, it's all probably the same just different packaging anyway!

Mangoes, sorry to hear you had a rough day! I hope your feeling better soon.

Xx

confuzion and haylee- thank you for the info!
I do work at a natural foods co-op and I didn't even think to look there. I picked up the cheapie ones when I was getting some things at another store! whoops. I don't want to give myself away to coworkers buying prenatals though. hmmm haha.

mangoes- implantation bleed perhaps? I have little cramps once in a while as well.

We get blackmores in nz Haylee and I think I'll take them too. Have been taking blackmores conceive well gold up until now :)

Hi Rozzer, I like the blackmores range, the only downfall would be the tablets are quite large and some people may struggle to swallow them. I don't seem to have any trouble though :)

Are you worried about being due in winter? I am! We have a fire place but I think I'll be getting a heater next year x

^ I always forget that our seasons are opposite. here I am excited it'll be early summer when I'm due- perfect weather (I hope)

^ I always forget that our seasons are opposite. here I am excited it'll be early summer when I'm due- perfect weather (I hope)

Im glad it will be early summer for me too! I had my first in January and it was freeeeezing! So will be nice to to go for the opposite and have this one in summer! :)

I had my first early summer and it was great! Night feeds were easy not having to worry about the cold when getting out of bed :)

It's bed time for me now, I have a lovely bloat after dinner! Can't wait to start showing again! X night all

Hi ladies I am waking up battling the MS again. Mornings are truly the worst and if I don't force myself to eat through it, it only remains bad throughout the day. I am currently trying to choke down a banana and lemon/ginger tea. My breasts have been starting to hurt more and I am a little bit bloated and still so tired all of the time. However, I must say for all the symptoms I feel great and so happy!

I am UK and had 1st DD in June (seems like a good time of yr for me lol) I was hoping for a winter baby as it was SO hot the week DD came out of hospital and we struggled to keep her cool was so scared with temps cus at Birth she had trouble breathing and maintaining temps

Just a quick q I have had a constant ache in my lower belly since before we found out, not cramping just a underlying niggle - should I be worried? :blush:

I'm feeling loads better today. I still get a bit icky whenever I eat and my gosh I have so much gas. I never thought I'd feel symptoms this early but I'm happy they don't knock my day.

BUT! I feel the urge to vent. The other night, DH and I were talking with his father, my FIL and he said something that irked me. He basically was talking about how when we have our first child we should just let babies cry it out because if you pick them up all the time they'll become clingy. Guys, you should have seen the look I gave him! The odd bit was that I had just read a study about NOT picking them up will make them clingy.

Thing is, no one knows about our baby yet and we aren't going to start telling people until we get our confirmation. I think the only person I'll tell after that is my mom (who would deserve to know way before everyone else). The only other person who knows is one of my good friends and that's only because she's expecting her second child and has been a darling guide through it all.

But that was annoying to hear, but I pretty much don't plan on leaving my child to cry and cry and cry.

Oh Mangoes - With your 1st baby you're in for a real treat with oodles of unsolicited advice from family and even strangers. It gets a bit unnerving to say the least! Idk how many people told me to let my son cry it out, don't pick him up every time he cries, that baby needs socks, etc. I even had my ex-FIL tell me that I would need to supplement with formula because my boobs weren't big enough to adequately feed him. YEAH! Now I'm not one to take any crap from anyone so I told many family memebers and complete strangers that if I wanted advice I would ask for it. Until then, if I spoil my baby it's my problem.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and what you think is right for your baby. A lot of women just let others walk over them because they're new and inexperienced. If you nip it in the bud before it gets started you shouldn't have any problems. I'm sure they have the best intentions... but it's your baby.

I'm feeling loads better today. I still get a bit icky whenever I eat and my gosh I have so much gas. I never thought I'd feel symptoms this early but I'm happy they don't knock my day.

BUT! I feel the urge to vent. The other night, DH and I were talking with his father, my FIL and he said something that irked me. He basically was talking about how when we have our first child we should just let babies cry it out because if you pick them up all the time they'll become clingy. Guys, you should have seen the look I gave him! The odd bit was that I had just read a study about NOT picking them up will make them clingy.

Thing is, no one knows about our baby yet and we aren't going to start telling people until we get our confirmation. I think the only person I'll tell after that is my mom (who would deserve to know way before everyone else). The only other person who knows is one of my good friends and that's only because she's expecting her second child and has been a darling guide through it all.

But that was annoying to hear, but I pretty much don't plan on leaving my child to cry and cry and cry.

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better and I'm with you on the gas front!! It's attractive being pregnant isn't it!! Lol

Just remember your baby is just that YOURS we had a few people that kept "suggesting" how I bring up my DD it got to me so much I ended up with bouts of depression thinking I was a terrible mother and it still affects me now I'm expecting #2. Now I try to remember to just brush it off and bring my DD up as I see fit. Just take a deep breath and remember your child, your rules!

Oh Mangoes - With your 1st baby you're in for a real treat with oodles of unsolicited advice from family and even strangers. It gets a bit unnerving to say the least! Idk how many people told me to let my son cry it out, don't pick him up every time he cries, that baby needs socks, etc. I even had my ex-FIL tell me that I would need to supplement with formula because my boobs weren't big enough to adequately feed him. YEAH! Now I'm not one to take any crap from anyone so I told many family memebers and complete strangers that if I wanted advice I would ask for it. Until then, if I spoil my baby it's my problem.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and what you think is right for your baby. A lot of women just let others walk over them because they're new and inexperienced. If you nip it in the bud before it gets started you shouldn't have any problems. I'm sure they have the best intentions... but it's your baby.

You're kidding me, right? He doesn't know that breast size has no bearing on how much milk you produce? I'm sighing so hard right now lol. Don't worry, once we do let the cat out of the bag, there will be no unsoliciticed advice. Which might make DH's grandmother upset because she does like to give advice when no one was asking or talking to her.

Even before I got pregnant, she had a snide remark about what DH and I would name our children and said children with weird names don't do well in life - even though her doctors have "weird" names and her child, the one with the normal name isn't doing well with his life. She's a nice lady...just a typical elderly woman haha.

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better and I'm with you on the gas front!! It's attractive being pregnant isn't it!! Lol

Just remember your baby is just that YOURS we had a few people that kept "suggesting" how I bring up my DD it got to me so much I ended up with bouts of depression thinking I was a terrible mother and it still affects me now I'm expecting #2. Now I try to remember to just brush it off and bring my DD up as I see fit. Just take a deep breath and remember your child, your rules!

I'll definitely stick to that rule. I seriously think the only people I'd take parenting advice from is my good friend and mother, given they had loads of experience haha.

WHOA, sorry you had to deal with that ladies! I'm having my first and don't expect to experience this as my mother-in-law is a darling who never interferes and my FIL is ALWAYS traveling though he never interferes either on the rare occasions he's home. I also live a bit out of the way to see everyone everyday.

But if anyone did try to tell me what to do they would be shut up so fast they wouldn't know what hit them!

WHOA, sorry you had to deal with that ladies! I'm having my first and don't expect to experience this as my mother-in-law is a darling who never interferes and my FIL is ALWAYS traveling though he never interferes either on the rare occasions he's home. I also live a bit out of the way to see everyone everyday.

But if anyone did try to tell me what to do they would be shut up so fast they wouldn't know what hit them!

Oh wow! I hardly see my FIL, that night was just one of the few times I did. He works strange hours, so I only see him in the wee hours of the morning.

Oh, get this ladies. I just got off the phone with DH and he tells me that his great grandmother asked him if I was pregnant. He told her no, but it threw us for a loop. I haven't seen her in a few weeks.

Oh wow! I hardly see my FIL, that night was just one of the few times I did. He works strange hours, so I only see him in the wee hours of the morning.

Oh, get this ladies. I just got off the phone with DH and he tells me that his great grandmother asked him if I was pregnant. He told her no, but it threw us for a loop. I haven't seen her in a few weeks.

Old ladies always know :haha: ! They've got magical powers!

Ooh my MIL knew the day we got our BFP - we did tell her once we had gotten over the initial are we aren't we as we are very close but the day before she came over and said "ooh you won't be able to do that wen you are pregnant again"!!! Needless to say I dropped the heavy stuff I was carrying like a hot rock!!

So does anyone else find it tough to be on BnB sometimes? Whether it's a new loss in first tri, or CVS positive for Down's, it can get so depressing. Also, it makes me so afraid. Anytime I see a new loss, I'm like oh no I'm next. Especially being that there seems to be so many ladies with recurrent losses on the site!

Yeah sometimes it's scary to hear about miscarriages, or birth defects. I think we are all so nervous in the first tri that we immediately focus on all of the disasters instead of the vast majority of pregnancies that are healthy. It can be hard to accept that there's a lot that is out of our control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->