Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

I'm so sorry I disappeared ladies!! It's been tough to update but here goes!

Brayden Riley Sauer arrived Saturday, July 5th at 8:23am, weighing a whopping 8lbs. 11oz. and 21 inches long! He's absolutely perfect! :cloud9:
I went into spontaneous labor (thank GOD!) Friday, July 4th at about 1:30pm. So all in all an 18 hours labor. I was set to be induced Monday, July 7th, so I'm so glad he decided to make his appearance. I labored at home until about 8-8:30 pm as I was in excruciating pain with each new contraction. I thought for sure I had to be at least 5 cm dilated but when I checked in at L&D I was 100% effaced but only 2 cm!!! :blush: :dohh: I was having bad back labor and let me tell you, that is no joke ladies!!! My doctor decided to let me stay and get the epidural as I was so past due. I finally got the epidural about 11:30pm and it was sweet, heavenly relief! Apparently all my body needed to dilate was me to relax more! By 2am I was 9cm and by 3:30 I was 10! My waters just refused to break so we decided to "practice" pushing before my doctor got there and by 4:30 am my waters finally broke! There was some meconium so there was a little concern that the baby may aspirate it. They called to give the NICU a heads up and decided to let me rest until 7 and try pushing again since the baby was still only at +2 station. I started pushing at 7am and he was born at 8:23 :cloud9:. He did swallow a bit of fluid so they scooped him up and worked on his lungs for a bit before I could hold him :cry:. His lungs are great now and he even started nursing fairly quickly like a champ! He's still a little jaundiced but getting better every day and he's already gotten back to his birth weight and exceeded it at todays appointment!

Here's my beautiful boy snuggling daddy and with mommy right after delivery :cloud9:

Attachments

• 10457547_10154370535515430_6338554039800549128_n.jpg
    10457547_10154370535515430_6338554039800549128_n.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 10384736_10154362360155430_7983121404690006792_n.jpg
    10384736_10154362360155430_7983121404690006792_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
Congratulations!
There can't be many waiting now... Are we all holding our babies? And quite busy by the look of it as this thread has slowed down massively!

^^ wss. I hope almost all of the babies are here and in our arms and those overdue have them very soon :hugs:

Congratulations!

And yup massively busy with Amelia and Josh here. Mike is still on paternity leave, he goes back to work Saturday :'(

I'm healing really well after my section, this point with Josh I couldn't pick him up out of the pram, I've been able to pick Amelia up since about 4 days ago! Still sore on the odd occasion, today being a particularly bad day, but doing so much better than I had imagined!

I still can't get over how much she looks like Josh when he was a baby. Literally twins born 6 years apart! She's sleeping really well too and as of Tuesday has gone over her birth weight. HV weighed her and she is now 5lb 12.5oz, probably more now! Brother in law saw her for the first time Tuesday and won't hold her as she's so tiny! Bless him, really sweet - he couldn't get over how small she is!

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Aw! Lovely news! Congratulations Babydreamer!

I too am busy with J, but still look in every day to see if there's a post! being a mummy is defo a full time job, at this stage any way. My marks of a successful day are if I've managed breakfast AND lunch (OH wouldn't allow dinner not to happen!), if I've managed a walk or going out somewhere, if I've done some jobs (even simple things like putting a load of washing on or doing the dishes).
This morning J spectacularly projectile vomitted for the first time; it went straight across the bed - great! - and all down J and I and on the carpet. I hope to goodness that was a one-off!

Hope everyone is doing well. & holding their new babies! AFM - Ryder is almost 3 weeks old already! He had a doctor appt today for a closed tear duct and acid reflux so he is on meds.. & he is colicly :/ any advice?

Squidge it's just the same here. This baby looks exactly the same as her siblings at the same age. The only difference is the colour of their hair. Charlie was blond Alex was dark haired when she was born although that changed after and Anthea is sort of in between.
Sizzles like you I check everyday but it tends to be during feeds so it can be difficult to reply.
Kayla colics aren't fun. Is your baby breast or formula fed?
If he is breastfed maybe there is something that you eat that doesn't agree with him. If he is formula fed I was told that it can take a while for babies to get used to cow's milk... So apparently you just have to wait for it to pass but I find that holding them on my stomach helps with the heat they seem to relax a bit. Good luck! I hope it gets better soon.

Here's the two of them side by side, both at 2 days old. The angle isn't quite right to show it (and Josh was 2lbs heavier)...but it was as good as I could do last week!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies, I hope you and your babies are all doing well!
I have a tmi question....how long did you bleed for after birth? Mine stopped about a week ago (2 1/2 weeks post partum) and I stopped needing to wear towels, just a panty liner just incase....but now at 3 1/2 weeks I'm bleeding bright red again and back to night time towels. Is this normal? I'm exclusively breastfeeding so hope it's not my periods returning already!!

Here's a cute photo of my boys to apologise for the gruesome visual lol x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 7
Cute pic!!

I was actually going to ask the same question the other day. I seem to have stopped (2.5 weeks) today but then I thought I stopped the other day only for it to come back again. I had a section so I don't know if it's different.

Busy isn't even the word. 3 children and my OH working 12-16 hour shifts since Sunday! I'm exhausted. This baby wants to feed constantly lol. I'm holding out for things calming down around 6 weeks!

Hi ladies!
Life with a baby is busy! Although, having said that, I don't seem to get anything done! By the time we're actually up in the morning (allowing for a later start to compensate for being up in the night), changed and dressed, it's midday! Add in more feeds and changes, and a baby who often doesn't like being put down, you can see how very little is achieved.

Re the bleeding, I've been wondering the same thing 'when will it stop?', but mine looks like it's ending (4 weeks post-partum today): last night I didn't even bother with a panty liner, but still wore underwear, but I'm wearing one again today as I've been spotting.
My midwife told me, if the bleeding tails off before 3 weeks, but then starts up again around 3 weeks: more of it and redder, it could be the first post-partum period. I asked if this was still the case when exclusively breastfeeding and she said it was, although obviously some women don't have periods when bf, so it's the luck of the draw. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! (it may also not be the case for you, but I thought I'd share what I'd been told.)

I've gotten my period back 8 months pp both times before so hoping for the same this time. I have a baby that feeds every hour and also hates being put down. He also screams from 7pm until 11pm every night. My brain hurts lol xxx

My doctor warned me before I was discharged that the bleeding could stop and start again, and that it was normal.

I can't believe Tobi will be 6 weeks tomorrow!
He's finally over his birth weight! He was 9lbs 11oz on Monday :happydance: he has his hip ultrasound next week and then paeds for his allergies at the beginning of August!
He's such a sweet content baby now he's on his special milk.
Were doing pretty good here. Beginning to get the hang of having 3 little monkeys lol!

8 weeks today!! Time has absolutely flown by. He is such a contented little boy. We are struggling a bit with weight gain so I'm having to express for top ups but otherwise everything is good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
My gorgeous girl is a few days over one month old! The first month has been amazing and tough and amazing some more hehe :cloud9: I love being a mum and I'm starting to feel physically really well again which is making things easier, along with just understanding her needs. She's a great sleeper at night and goes long stretches, during the day she feeds every two hours to make up for it but hey I'd rather it was that way round!
I had some oversupply issues which made her tummy a bit upset because she was getting mostly foremilk but we're remedying that with some light block feeding.
The heat in the UK is not nice for me or her at the moment, especially when trying to sleep! But we've found the best remedy is a gently warm bath with mummy, feed in a towel, put on a light baby grow and she's out :)

Here is me and Demi in my mums garden this evening after a snuggly feed.
Hope everyone is enjoying their babies! <3

Attachments

• Me and Demi 1 month.jpg
    Me and Demi 1 month.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member