Due January 2012? x

So does anyone know yet when they are having their 1st scan? I'm paying for a private scan which is booked for next Thursday, I'll be 8+2.
I don't feel pregnant at all, apart from peeing more I don't feel any different. :shrug::shrug:

Also from spending too much time on here and another forum I'm very aware just how many pregnancies go wrong & often without any warning so I'm finding it hard to believe it & get excited.,.... really need some reassurance :dohh:

:hugs:

awwww McMummy! try to stay away from all the horror stories of pregnancies and childbirth. I know it's soooooooooo hard not to worry (I worry all day about it :dohh:) but we have to try and stay positive. My husband was reading one of our pg books and he read out a part to me about how online forums can present a more negative view of things because most people post their problems but not always when everything is going just fine, you know? And it does make sense. A VAST majority of pregnancies are JUST FINE and result in cute little :baby: that you get to hold and play with forever (well, until they don't want to play with you anymore :haha:)

You're gonna be ok! :hugs:

So does anyone know yet when they are having their 1st scan? I'm paying for a private scan which is booked for next Thursday, I'll be 8+2.
I don't feel pregnant at all, apart from peeing more I don't feel any different. :shrug::shrug:

Also from spending too much time on here and another forum I'm very aware just how many pregnancies go wrong & often without any warning so I'm finding it hard to believe it & get excited.,.... really need some reassurance :dohh:

:hugs:

McMummy - I agree it's difficult to allow yourself to get too excited, I feel the same - but most pregnancies work out fine. Although, I can't quite take my own medicine because I haven't even booked my first midwife appointment yet - I can't quite bring myself to do it!

H0peful - I know what you mean about being emotional - I swear I'm almost crying at tv adverts at the mo!

awwww McMummy! try to stay away from all the horror stories of pregnancies and childbirth. I know it's soooooooooo hard not to worry (I worry all day about it :dohh:) but we have to try and stay positive. My husband was reading one of our pg books and he read out a part to me about how online forums can present a more negative view of things because most people post their problems but not always when everything is going just fine, you know? And it does make sense. A VAST majority of pregnancies are JUST FINE and result in cute little :baby: that you get to hold and play with forever (well, until they don't want to play with you anymore :haha:)

You're gonna be ok! :hugs:

Aww thanks... that's def true that people prob post more when things go wrong for the support etc.... I imagine if things go wrong then you'd want to seek out people in a similar situation and end up on forums..
Whereas ladies that haven't faced any probs prob just get on with it & enjoy it. :shrug::shrug:

I said to DH once we've had our scan next week and had it confirmed then I will def make an effort to think positive and enjoy it otherwise I'm going to regret it when the 9 months is up and I've spent my entire pregnancy worrying! :haha: xx

McMummy - I agree it's difficult to allow yourself to get too excited, I feel the same - but most pregnancies work out fine. Although, I can't quite take my own medicine because I haven't even booked my first midwife appointment yet - I can't quite bring myself to do it!

I think it'll be easier to get excited once we have bumps growing and babies fluttering in our tummies! x :hugs:

I think it'll be easier to get excited once we have bumps growing and babies fluttering in our tummies! x :hugs:

I'm really looking forward to that bit! I think it will feel more real when people know as well. I want our sons to be the first to know but not sure I should tell them yet, just in case. So I can't tell Mum, Sister or firends it's killing me! Although, I think they'll all guess quite early on when I they notice I'm turning down wine!

Also looking for a bump buddy. I'm due 17/1/2012 and feeling nervous! I'd love you to get in touch to talk about bumps and pregnancy because I'm 22 and married whereas all my friends are young, free and single and wouldn't understand! And it's still on the down-low. I love this forum as a place to be open! I don't like secrets!! :p

Hi everyone

I cant believe after exactly 5 years of trying that I get to post on a PREGNANCY forum, its taking some adjusting to!! Also petrified that something will go wrong but like you said H0peful, there are sooo many negative stories out there and you read them and take them to heart but how often do you read the success story threads and take those on board??

Hey Lady GooGoo - I am due 15th Jan too!!

Because we had ICSI I get a scan on friday at 6+4, to check for 'viability' (how negative does that sound?!) As soon as that over with and the outcome is positive I think I will believe the 5 HPTs I have done!!

Is anyone having symptoms? I dont really have any at all, think thats why I am having trouble adjusting to the 'Im pregnant' mentality! :dohh:

I look forward to getting to know you all, Moo :mamafy: xx

hi ladies, i am due on 17th January next. this is my second child, my eldest is almost ten years old! so feel like a new mammy again. but dont recall feeling so sick or tired the last time (granted i was in my early 20's, but still!!!). have been nauseous since my bpf 8 days ago. feel like my belly has expanded (mostly jelly belly tho!) and thsi prob shouldnt be.
So wrecked at moment, and irritable too. look pale. are any of you feeling like this. i remember the last time, i was sick prob 4 times through pregnancy, and they were about 8 -10 weeks on.

hope you ladies are well,

Katie

:wave: to all you new ladies and congratulations!

Hi i'd love to join you all, Im due 25/1/2012 and am so excited. have taken 3 tests already all positive. i even made my husband take one to prove it wasnt a faulty batch lol

Hi ladies, I'm feeling all strange, excited but scared at the same time that something will go wrong - am I weird to think like this. As I'm 40 just got my letter in asking if I want to be screened for down syndrome - that hasn't helped. Also would live bump buddies to share my highs and lows with :))

Congrats ladies!!!! I'm just gone 5 weeks I'm soo excited :) :)

Lets hope we get a easy ride!
x

hi ladies, can i join? Just found out this weekend that I am pregnant and looking for some buddies. I am due on 22nd January x

welcome to all the new joiners!!! :hi: I'd love to buddy up for our exciting ride!

lady googoo... I'm feeling the exact mix of stuff... nervousness excitement WORRY lol.. despite my advice to everyone else not to worry! :)

wishing52... I know what you mean. I'm 27 and married and though most of my friends are now in relationships or married, only 1 couple JUST had a baby, and 1 couple is about 3 months preg. The vast majority of my friends are nowhere near having kids so it's gonna be tough adjusting our lifestyles!

sillymoo... what an exciting story.. congratulations!!! xx I only have some tiredness, slightly sore boobs and some constipation lol. No morning sickness yet so I know exactly what you mean!!! It doesn't feel REAL yet.

welcome lully2011 and pink12!

asfm, had my first midwife appt today!!! it was pretty boring though :haha: they didn't even do a pregnancy test! I guess the home tests are pretty reliable now. They did take my blood and urine though in the lab. And oh yeah, my first sonogram will be in 2 weeks!!! so can't wait for that!!!!

that's hilarious!!! :rofl:

Hi i'd love to join you all, Im due 25/1/2012 and am so excited. have taken 3 tests already all positive. i even made my husband take one to prove it wasnt a faulty batch lol

Thank you hopeful :hugs:
I am glad I am not the only one that it doesn't feel real for. I only have sore boobs, tiredness and constipation too. The first doctors appointment I could get was on Thursday so haven't even started the ball rolling with the midwife! I think I will be happy when I can hear its heartbeat, I think then it will sink in for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->