Due on or around March 24th?

Happy New Year!! March is right around the corner. :)

I failed my GTT (I blame it on Christmas) and have the 3-hour test tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it goes a lot better.

Good luck for the 3hrs test!

Do you they call you in pretty soon for that? Had my test today so will hear today or tomorrow if its a bad result. Still can taste that drink, blegh!

went to the dr today I passed my gtt but my iron is low and im measuring 31 weeks so 3 weeks ahead just like my last 2 they were a month early

Sitting here waiting! My doctor's office only calls back with abnormal results. Mine called me the very next morning. So no news might be good news!

i would hate waiting my office tells you right then and there thank gosh

ok ladies have any of you got high lights done while pregnant i never have im going to get a hair cut today and was thinking about getting high lights to

boxxey~ Great job on the gtt!

stacey~ Highlights should be fine. It doesn't actually touch your skin but even if it did you would be ok. Getting your hair dyed while pregnant is not a big deal. :thumbup:

thanks i just need something done with it i havent done anything to it in over a year im looking a little blah lol

Will i got it cut the lady went shorter then i had asked i didnt do the highlights because i was worried about the color not coming out right so ill wait till little man comes

We are waiting on GTT results too, they only call if something is wrong

Hi ladies, here's my update. I failed the one-hour glucose and had the three hour one this morning. It was not fun, but glad once it was over. I had a growth scan today as well and this chunky lil boy is weighing 3.8 lbs!!!! Doc said he's measuring 2 weeks ahead. My placenta previa is moving so we might get the all clear for a vaginal delivery. I was also happy to see what position he is in. Right now he is laying on my right side (lopsided belly) with his head down and his butt under my boobs. legs and arms are off to the side which is why i keep getting kicked on my left side. :dohh: Now I am really hoping that I pass the 3 hour test. The results won't probably be ready until Mon or Tuesday.

That's great news about the placenta previa as well as baby's position!

Take 2 of my 3-hour GTT tomorrow morning. I threw up right before the hour mark yesterday. This test will be the death of me, I swear. :(

Its been a week and a bit since my gtt and i still havent heard anything so I'm hoping its good news. My sister has to do hers again because they couldn't get blood out. Poor girl.:-(

Good luck for your 3 hr tests.

No news here so I am hoping that is good, looks to be so otherwise I think my results will be given to me by my MW at the next appointment.

I passed my 3 hr GTT! So relieved. Also, we started our childbirth class last night. DH should be a certified massage therapist by the time it's over lol. Is anyone else taking classes?

Congrats on passing your 3hr test :thumbup:

Not doing classes this time around, we just did the NHS ones last time. I wouldn't go for any more, oh would prob get a black eye if he tried to massage me or rub me!

We had our first hypnobirthing class last night, I loved it! I'm so looking forward to the rest of them and am getting really excited now - I love the focus on it (the birth) being a really positive experience. We have our hospital ones too starting at the beginning of Feb. I also have my GTT on Friday - congrats to those that have passed! :) How was it? What can I expect? I don't know...

The 1 hour test wasn't bad at all. My appointment was at 1pm and the doctor said to eat/drink like normal (just nothing too sugary). I made the mistake of eating right before my appointment instead of 2-3 hours before. The drink itself was fruit punch and tasted like the red Gatorade. I didn't feel sick afterwards. I had my regular appointment while I waited, after which they drew my blood and sent me on my way. Pretty painless! I failed, but knowing what I know now I would've eaten 2-3 hours before my appointment instead of 5 mins before. I did feel sick during the 3 hr test but sleeping through the first hour really helped and I was able to pass. Good luck! :)

GTT test is a bit rubbish, in so far as I felt really quite sick (they also saw me an hour late) and the drink is disgustingl, although the bloke who gave it to me said most people like it. Nearly had a heart attack today when midwife told me I had GD and then told me all the things I had to do and what could go wrong. Then she expressed surprise no one had rung me, so she rang them and I DON'T HAVE IT, not even close, levels were if anything on the low side of normal. Really not impressed with that.
Had first NCT ante-natal class earlier in the week. It was quite good fun and it was nice to meet other mums to be and their partners.

yay for not having it it really is a pain in the butt

I passed mine too thankfully :) found out Tuesday :)

Mrs-bump: What a faff about getting it wrong but at least you found out sooner rather than later!

Inchristalome: mine was first ting in the morning thankfully. I drank plenty of water which was a good thing because as soon as I had the sweet drink I was told I couldn't have anything at all, even water and I did feel a little dehydrated by the end of the two hours. The drink is very sweet and is prob best drunk all in one if possible. You then get told to sit for the two hours, not allowed to wander about. I did feel a bit dizzy /light headed at first but that soon settled. Good luck with your test :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->