dull ache, shooting pain

jacobs mummy

mum of 1
Reaction score
I should know all this as this pregnancy is my second but i forget. I'm only 5 weeks but you know how you worry about every twinge, pain etc.. well yesterday i had a dull ache (not awful) one my left side low down. Similar to ovulation pains. Then every so often i'd get a shooting pain. It would only last 2 seconds but it worries me.. I'm not spotting or anything! is this normal? i remember last time when i was around 10 weeks i got awful period like cramps low down and in my back. It only lasted for one day and i was sure i was about to come on but no...

H x

I would see the doc if ur worried but probably just stretching pains :hugs:

i get them all the time had them day before yesterday gone now, it's just your uterus stretching. I was worried initially especially with the shooting pains.I had them from about 5wks and expecting them to carry on. It reassures me they are there as it comforts me things are growing and changing in there which is a good thing. Just drink lots of fluids just incase you may develop a kidney infection. Take care it's nothing to worry about, unless the pain is unbearable ,you have red bleeding don,t fret take care Dx

im getting all sorts of pains hun no where as much as i was having tho...as aove i think its just everything stretching making room for bubs xxxxx

I agree with the others. Perfectly normal stretching pains to accommodate LO.

There is no one worse than me for paranoia.

Only time to worry if you are having bad cramps and/or red bleeding.

Try and put this to the back of your mind as there will be lots more aches and pains to come x

I am getting lots of stretching pains too x

thanks.. all i needed was re-assurance. Just hearing all you lot say the same thing is enough to make me relax and stop panicing over nothing. Thanks...

Its so hard not to worry though......I know what you mean!

Just think about all the changes your body is going to go through, its no wonder we get lots of aches and pains! :hugs:

when i was pregnant last time i said never again.. i always wanted 2 but i hated being pregnant that much i convinced myself i'd be happy with one! but by the time he was 6 months i realised every ache, pain, embarasing moment (and there was loads of them) he was worth it and another one will be so worth it too...

h x

I have been panicing for 3 months now and I will do for another 6!! Dont worry :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->