Dummies... Yay or nay?

words are getting a bit twisted I think! Icculcaz didn't say any of us were crack whores so why keep writing as if she did she meerly pointed out about the families and what they're like where she lives as it also says about where she lives! I also think it was a bit wrong to say for her to piss off when certain people keep bringing it up! This is a strong subject because there is no right or wrong, some people use dummys some don't! Maybe Reading someones post better would be better everybody else got to express their opinions so why not just leave it as it was left

She didn't SAY that we were all crack whores but she DID imply/compare us ladies that give our LO's dummies to scumbag druggies off dodgy council estates that are too busy getting pissed to bother finding out what's wrong with our kids and just shove a dummy in to shut them up. I'm sorry, but that kind of comparison is bound to offend, there is no way to even put that comment nicely, it was downright offensive

words are getting a bit twisted I think! Icculcaz didn't say any of us were crack whores so why keep writing as if she did she meerly pointed out about the families and what they're like where she lives as it also says about where she lives! I also think it was a bit wrong to say for her to piss off when certain people keep bringing it up! This is a strong subject because there is no right or wrong, some people use dummys some don't! Maybe Reading someones post better would be better everybody else got to express their opinions so why not just leave it as it was left

She didn't SAY that we were all crack whores but she DID imply/compare us ladies that give our LO's dummies to scumbag druggies off dodgy council estates that are too busy getting pissed to bother finding out what's wrong with our kids and just shove a dummy in to shut them up. I'm sorry, but that kind of comparison is bound to offend, there is no way to even put that comment nicely, it was downright offensive

Totally agree!!

I think I said this before but as Bexy just said you dont have to say anything directly to imply it. When I asked her if she thought all parents who let their kids thumb or finger suck, were crack whores, she didnt say 'Of course not all of them are!' she said 'dunno - the kids cant get a thumb in for dummies here' again inflaming things rather than giving a condsidered response.

Tried to have luke sleeping with one when he was first born just for the sids reaon, but he never would take it, didnt really want him having one as i dont personaly like them and it ruins photographs ! :p unfortunatly i now have a bigger problem! ... i have a thumb sucker ! !! !!

I hated dummies as a bubba, sucked my thumb instead, ended up bullied through-out primary school for it (only stopped when I was 10) and 3 years of braces.
Saying that, OH had a dummy til he was in school, his mum had to hide it eventually, and he's got proper weird teeth, like babies teeth on the top row, only the front two, rest are all normal.

We give Jack a dummy when he's fretting and we've gone through the crying checklist, I don't feel guilty about it 'cause if it's what he wants it's what he gets :) can't resist them beautiful blue eyes, when he cries I just want to make it all better for him!

Austin uses one because he thinks he is hungry 24/7 and likes to be sucking on something!

Nope....never used one for my 4. With the 1st two I had a dummy in the steriliser for ages but never used it nor did I feel the need to so never even bothered having one in the house with the last two.

Maybe I'm lucky but they've all only cried when they need feeding really and so for us a dummy would be completely unneccessary:dohh:

And nope....none suck their thumbs, fingers. They chewed their fists when teething a bit till the could hold a teether to chew on but that was it.

yes, lexi had a dummy and stil to this day she has one, she is 18months old!!!
i always intended on giving her one i never really thought about it and she took to it straight away, i personally dont see any harm in it at all she uses it when she feels she needs it, so i dont intend to take it away any time soon, i had one until i was 4 and eventually gave it up on my own accord.. i mean you dont see 13 years olds going to school and hanging there dummies up on pegs do u??.. :lol:

some people can be sooo rude, as for the comment of having to hang their dummies up before going into preschool/nursery on pegs not being hygeinic and sanitory then yes maybe your right, but ffs are you going to sterilise every toy and every item your child picks up for the rest of their lives??

and yes.. as you can probably tell i am a crack whore!!!
i was brought up on a council estate, i dont own my own house and never intend too.. ever. i have always bottle fed and we love greggs.. especially in town in the pram mmmm :rofl:

people can say what they want, but does this child * below* look unloved.................. no!!!

im a feckin fantastic mummy!!! :lol: x

ok i'll elaborate....

child asleep quite happy with dummy in... child wakes up screaming. parent says oh shove dummy in it'll go back to sleep / shut up and parent continues to ignore baby... WTF! i live on a scummy council estate where most parents are either drunk or drugged up to bother with their kids and use dummies to make their child silent so they can continue to go about their dealing/ injecting whatever they do all day. they have babies to get money for their habits . when us parents who arent into that kinda crap report parents like that, soc services just say oh we're too busy. (i live in doncaster, google doncaster soc serv im sure you'll have some fun reading). oh and this estates rife with ppl who when babies drop dummies on street they lick it and put back in babies mouth. OMG how revolting!

oh and round here playgroups and sure start centres wont let a child (toddling age +) in if its got a dummy in. they have to hang their dummies on a dummy hook if they wont give to parent. wassat about? surely thats gonna get germ covered just hangin there on a hook on a wall? cant be sanitary.....

Does that mean that anyone who uses a dummy is like what you have said? Because i am Definately NOT like that. That's really stereotypical.

I think some people have very narrow minded views on society and likes to tar everyone with the same brush

Jack has only just learnt how to keep one in his mouth and its a god send! and i kick ass at been a mum :happydance:

Thomas has had dummies since he was really young because he just wanted to be sucking on something all the time. TBH he doesn't really use it that much, and I want to do away with it now. He doesn't need it to get off to sleep but when he cries out in the night (he is not actually awake at the time), it helps to soothe him.
I too am not a crack whore, and I sterilise the dummies, don't lick them and put them in his mouth and don't shove them in to shut him up.

Holy smackers lol theres 20 pages of this crap hahaha geeeze you know most of you were rigth on the subject itself .. that other chick needs to chill da F out lol

I got a questions for the so called poster

what do you use as comfort ? shall we take it away from you as it may impari one of your abilaties ?

I give max a dummy for comfort , I am not a walking dummy (and do bow down )to those who are your brave :)My son will have his dummy untilhe no longer wants it ..which during the day he dose not take it ..

Yes ive licked it many times , No i dont use it to shut him up I do what I have to after 20 min of screaming and nothing works he gets a dummy . I guess im a happy crack whore too lol

Good God I can't believe how this thread has ended up! Faith had a dummy but Ollie hasn't and that's purely cos he won't take one! x

I wasnt planning on giving Lucy one but all she wanted to do in hospital is stay on my boob, even tho she wasnt feeding... she just wanted the comfort of it I guess. As soon as I took her off she would scream so she had a dummy as soon as I brought her home as they wouldnt allow one in hospital.
I plan to take it off her when she is a year old as, no offence to anyone, I hate seeing 5 year old kids with dummies in their mouths!

kaidayn will take his for about a minute spits it out sit quitely for 5 mins then wants to be heald he doesnt like the dummie he likes mommie

Erin could never really keep them in, although I did try her with one for the first 2 or 3 months at bed time. She'd go to sleep but it would fall out and wake her up immediately. finally ditched it and we've never looked back - she has her thumb now!

I am lucky because Alex is a thumb sucker. She has been doing it for comfort since she was about 7 or 8 weeks old so no need for a dummy. I think if she hadnt found her thumb then I may have resorted to a dummy because she is obviously the kind of baby who needs a lot of sucky time. She puits herself to sleep with it at night too so there is no way I am going to try and stop her using it!

Fred sometimes takes one if hes tired but doesn't use it on a night xx spends most of the time spitting it out and mummy picking it up off the floor ;)

tyler takes a dummy only whens hes tired otherwise he doesnt want to know, why do people get so worked up about other people opinions and choices??? no ones business bar your own xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->