dunno if this has been posted re: pregnant woman thrown out of pub for drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MummyMummy

Reaction score
if already posted feel free topass on link to me, would be interested in opinions.

read this a week or so ago in a newspaper, just forgot to post

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...woman-thrown-out-of-pub-for-sipping-beer.html

as we are all pregnant, what do you think?

i personally think it's wrong to do that whilst pregnant and as snotty as i sound and as much as i'll get back lash for saying this.. i guess i do look down on people who do blatant things thatwe all know are bad for us being pregnant. having a cup of caffiene coffee a day isn't something i'd have a problem with but drinking/smoking etc is different in my opinion.kwim?

if she wants to risk her unborn childs life that's up to her, it's her right. don't think anybody has the right to dictate, but idon't agree/like it.

my mr.man thinks she was right to get chucked out as to put it in a sentace if it wasa child in a pram and she was drinking people wouldn't be impressed and that baby is still a baby inside her so it's no different.

looking forward to hearing views :)

xXx

The topic has been done hunny, couple of days ago and got people up on their soap boxes lol xx

ohhh fab!:D i will go have a nosey :D any idea what it was called? i have beenon here regularly for a few days but not seen nothing about it! :(

i love gossip haha :D

xXx

The topic has been done hunny, couple of days ago and got people up on their soap boxes lol xx

oh dear :|

i guessit is a sensitive subject with some people. we all have our own beliefs, each to their own. me and mr.man would be intersted in knowinng what the other girlies said
xXx

I think she shouldn't have been thrown out - it's not that managers right to decide if she has a drink or not.

Also why would someone have a problem with a mother having a drink with a baby in a pram???? I mean really do people think they can dictate what you can or can't do the rest of your life because you have a baby?

I think she shouldn't have been thrown out - it's not that managers right to decide if she has a drink or not.

Also why would someone have a problem with a mother having a drink with a baby in a pram???? I mean really do people think they can dictate what you can or can't do the rest of your life because you have a baby?

think he meant in a group like wasmentioned in article (apparently she was out with a group of friends) not a nice shandy type drink ina beer garden lol kwim?
xXx

It depends really - a pint and a half over a LONG period, shouldn't pose a risk. But within a short space of time - say, 2 hours or less, not good.

If she was being sensible, then the pub were being asses, but if she wasn't then someone had to be sensible. I bet that if there was a problem caused by the drinking - the pub would be held partly to blame...we all know about the lame ass - blame someone else culture!

I posted in the thread so found the link through my profile
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...3-pregnant-woman-told-leave-pub-opinions.html
Dunno if it will work xx

It depends really - a pint and a half over a LONG period, shouldn't pose a risk. But within a short space of time - say, 2 hours or less, not good.

If she was being sensible, then the pub were being asses, but if she wasn't then someone had to be sensible. I bet that if there was a problem caused by the drinking - the pub would be held partly to blame...we all know about the lame ass - blame someone else culture!

it's very american of us isn't it? nobody can do anything these days without worryingabout getting sued.

i remember reading about a family sued by the mother of a child that went the familys childs birthday partyand was playing on a bouncing castle and the child had a fall and was injured or fell ad was stood on or something along those lines.
craaaazy world we live in at times
xXx

I posted in the thread so found the link through my profile
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...3-pregnant-woman-told-leave-pub-opinions.html
Dunno if it will work xx

oh thankyou!! will click now to see if it works!
thankyou again
xXx

think he meant in a group like wasmentioned in article (apparently she was out with a group of friends) not a nice shandy type drink ina beer garden lol kwim?
xXx

OK, but why does it matter where, and who she's with when she drinks? Sorry I just don't get it. You can have a pint or two to drink and still look after your kids.....

I refused to serve a pregnant woman once, when she came up for her forth pint. However, I didn't tell her she wasn't allowed to be served I just told my manager I wasn't going to serve her and if my manager didn't agree then she could serve her.

xXx

OK, but why does it matter where, and who she's with when she drinks? Sorry I just don't get it. You can have a pint or two to drink and still look after your kids.....

I actually had the cops called on me because I had Danny in a bar - and I WASN'T drinking! I was watching a football game cuz I don't have cable at home. Pissed the owner of the bar off big time :D

As for drinking in a bar while pregnant - one drink probably not going to hurt anything, multiple drinks probably a problem and she shouldn't be served. Should be offered something else instead and not kicked out.

I would take my son to a bar/pub. Like one of those restaurant slash bars. Not a night club or anything like that, but a place to watch a hockey game, and have some food, and a drink or two. He'd have fun I'm sure. He likes to watch the odd sports etc.

Now a night club I could see as a problem lol.

If the woman wants to do that, it's her perogative, I don't feel as though the pub has any right to kick her out. I feel it's irresponsible and WRONG on soo many levels, but if that's what she wants to do, there's not a lot other people can do to mess with her freedoms.

If the woman wants to do that, it's her perogative, I don't feel as though the pub has any right to kick her out. I feel it's irresponsible and WRONG on soo many levels, but if that's what she wants to do, there's not a lot other people can do to mess with her freedoms.

And if a woman wants to smoke crack while pregnant, it's her perogative. Doesn't mean that there's no consequences to her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back