Duo Fertility Monitor

Is anyone in here actually LTTTC? :shrug:

Unfortunately, Duofertility contacted me today to say they won't offer us the moneyback guarantee due to DH's SA. :cry:

Is anyone else in here using it with MF (and LTTTC) and not been given the moneyback guarantee? We're trying to weigh up whether it's worth shelling out £500 for something that probably won't work when it's £500 that could go towards saving for ICSI. At the same time it's something we can do in the year it will take us to save up as we have 1% chance of conceiving naturally.

Oh, and I ordered the monitor before they said we weren't eligible for the MB guarantee so we might have to keep it anyway.

SK x

Hi I've been offered the money back guarantee we have been ttc for 3+ yrs and my hubby sa is borderline . We do however have a child conceived naturally and i also suffered a m/c last year so not sure if they feel i have a chance of conceiving again. what was your oh sa results maybe its to do with that?
Df is a great tool for helping u work out your most fertile days which is so important when u need to get the sperm to meet the egg at the right time. you have a very small window of opportunity and with sperm issues its even more important to time it just right. I find that it is taking the stress away of guessing whether i timed it right or not.
good luck whatever u decide to do x

Welcome sexki11en! I've only been TTC since 4th Dec 2011, but I find DF really helpfull in pinpointing OV! I'm sure you'll get on just fine with it and it will more than pay for itself in the 1 year you have it! Good luck and keep us updated on how you get on xxx

we have been trying since 2009.
My hubby also has just borderline SA, it just meets criteria but Docs say losing weight will help improve that.
I have had mixed 21 days bloods too. They have however given us the mb guarantee.

Its is good for pinpointing ovulation though!

However, not sure if i would of got it if we didnt have the money back guarantee if i am completely honest.

I mean that my partners only just meet the criteria set out by the world health organisation.

Hi Pinki,
Its all worked out on the volume, concentration, motility & shape of the sperm and a few other bits.

Thanks! You guys lost me for a few posts then... xx

Last night was my first night with my sensor back on :) I'm doing a couple of things different this cycle. i.e. I'm not using femfresh as I heard it can alter your CM and using my lube with hubby. I'm feeling really relaxed and happy too! Green days are in the distance on my monitor now; starting around 14th :) xx

Oh and I'm keeping my sensor away from my puppy!!

I'm sure you'll get on just fine with it and it will more than pay for itself in the 1 year you have it!

Really? With our SA results and the fact we've never had a natural PG in 30 months of perfectly timed BD, what is it that makes you so sure it will more than pay for itself in a year when DuoFertility won't guarantee that themselves and fertility experts gave us 1% chance of it happening naturally?

I'm just curious with all of 3 months experience behind you.......?

****Disclaimer (I'm sorry if this seems necessarily nasty, but this forum is for people who are LTTTC, meaning we have different tolerances to those who have been trying for weeks rather than years. That's the reason the forums are split like they are)

I'm sure you'll get on just fine with it and it will more than pay for itself in the 1 year you have it!

Really? With our SA results and the fact we've never had a natural PG in 30 months of perfectly timed BD, what is it that makes you so sure it will more than pay for itself in a year when DuoFertility won't guarantee that themselves and fertility experts gave us 1% chance of it happening naturally?

I'm just curious with all of 3 months experience behind you.......?

****Disclaimer (I'm sorry if this seems necessarily nasty, but this forum is for people who are LTTTC, meaning we have different tolerances to those who have been trying for weeks rather than years. That's the reason the forums are split like they are)

I'm genuinely shocked that you feel you have to 'arrive' and immediately have negative things to say about me being here.

I joined this thread for much the same reasons as you! I was going to make the descision to purchase DF and wanted advise / info from people who were actively using it! The girls here are welcoming and have always been friendly! This thread returned in the google results and that the reason I joined! I don't know why I have to justify this. I really think you should read through the previous posts from the beginning and see what our conversations have been like to understand. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. I strongly believe that being a good person brings good things to you and that is why you will find nothing but kindness from me.

If you are feeling negative then please leave it at the door before you come to this thread! None of us want negative comments on here.

Using DF is a new beginning for everyone, despite the time spent TTC before hand! In respect of our DF journey we are all the same.

And regarding my post about it paying for itself: Not having the stress of temping daily is invaluable for me - If you don't feel that way, then you do not need to use DF.

Anything I write here to any of the girls is supportive and that included my post to you.

I really don't know where to start with what's wrong with your response?

Implying that i'm not pregnant because i'm not nice?

That i've just 'arrived' (actually, I've been here a long time - because i'm LTTTC)

DF might well be a new thing 'despite time spent trying beforehand' but this forum is a haven for the likes of me from 'newbies' with all their well meaning advice (and I know you genuinely are well meaning) and positive thoughts.

Come back and have the same conversation with me in 3 years when you've seen, as I have, a million of you come and go after getting your miracle after 4 months whilst the rest of us have to live with the thought we will probably never see that day and cry ourselves to sleep night after night over the unfairness of it all. I hope you're never as bitter as me, but this forum is a place I can come and be bitter and people will understand. You're too new to this to understand the hurt it causes.

SK x

I really don't know where to start with what's wrong with your response?

Implying that i'm not pregnant because i'm not nice?

That i've just 'arrived' (actually, I've been here a long time - because i'm LTTTC)

DF might well be a new thing 'despite time spent trying beforehand' but this forum is a haven for the likes of me from 'newbies' with all their well meaning advice (and I know you genuinely are well meaning) and positive thoughts.

Come back and have the same conversation with me in 3 years when you've seen, as I have, a million of you come and go after getting your miracle after 4 months whilst the rest of us have to live with the thought we will probably never see that day and cry ourselves to sleep night after night over the unfairness of it all. I hope you're never as bitter as me, but this forum is a place I can come and be bitter and people will understand. You're too new to this to understand the hurt it causes.

SK x

I'm implying that I refuse to be nasty to you, because it's a belief of mine that I shouldn't be nasty to someone without expecting a return of negative things happening to me. I have a conscience, that's all.

Secondly i clearly mean that you've just arrived on our thread and have singled me out as someone you have a problem with.

I appreciate your bitterness, but the fact that you are LTTTC has nothing to do with me or my presence on this thread.

For me personally I find your projection for anger towards me quite exhausting! This is a positive thread and again I will tell you that you are welcome here if you wish to discuss DF and the many queries that we have all had while getting used to using our new gadgets! While I appreciate this may not have been what you expected, I'm sure you'll find something that meets your needs elsewhere.

Again I would ask that you leave your negativity at the door and come back when you have something positive to say. The world is not against you!

Morning girls! This is the first morning ever I've woken up and not checked my DF online! I don't actually feel bad about not knowing my temps either :)

How is everyone? Any news to report? Where are you all in your cycles?

How glad am I that it's the weekend!! Bring on Saturday & Sunday ♥

This thread is primarily for users of Duofertility (or those thinking of buying), and until now, I didn't even realise that it was in the LTTTC section of the forum!!

Sexki11en, we are all on here to share our experiences, and personally, I have found Pinkis positivity on this thread a very helpful and motivating thing during the last 6 months since I joined the thread.

It saddens me that negativity should enter our happy group. Yes, some of us have a little moan and cry on here when we're having a shitty time, but the others help us by sharing their experience and encouraging positivity.

Yes, everyone is on a different stage of their ttc journey, but perhaps this is what makes this such a good group. One of encouragement, rather than one of doom and gloom.

In terms of whether you should get Duofertility or not, I'm not sure - especially if they are not giving you the money back guarentee. If you have a spare £500, then yes, go for it - but if not, then perhaps try one of the other less expensive products - clearblue does one I think?? All DF is doing is taking your temps, which you *could* do with a £10 thermometer and an excel spreadsheet!! - you do also get the expert advice, but unfortunately none of them have the magic baby wand that we all want :-( and often the advice is still "keep trying, you're doing everything right" (..........WELL WHY AM I NOT PREGNANT???!!! :winkwink:)

My year is up in June, which coincides with my 3 year appointment at the fertility clinic to be put onto the NHS IVF waiting list, so for me, it has filled a year gap, and provided me with some hope and feeling like I was trying to help myself before the inevitable happens. I'll defo give up the monitor after the year, and get my £500 back, so that I can put it towards private treatment - and then maybe switch to using a thermometer to keep an eye on my temps.

I hope that this helps and whether or not DF is right for you/this thread is right for you, then good luck in your baby quest :)

Right, that was a long one - now for my short one.......!!

Just plugged in after a week away with work, and my green days are on the chart - with the peak at Day 14 - which is the 13th March.

I'm really confused as to why my green days are there, because I have never since I've been using this thing had OV at day 14 - it usually anything from day 18-25. I am confused!! - I am going to email DF for info.

Also rubbish, because I'll be away with work for a lot of my green days - but that was the case for most of this month - I was hoping they would fall on the weekend when I was not working.

Oh well, I'll just have to DTD when I can, and hope for the best.

How's everyone else doing? are green days approaching?

A xx

Right, that was a long one - now for my short one.......!!

Just plugged in after a week away with work, and my green days are on the chart - with the peak at Day 14 - which is the 13th March.

I'm really confused as to why my green days are there, because I have never since I've been using this thing had OV at day 14 - it usually anything from day 18-25. I am confused!! - I am going to email DF for info.

Also rubbish, because I'll be away with work for a lot of my green days - but that was the case for most of this month - I was hoping they would fall on the weekend when I was not working.

Oh well, I'll just have to DTD when I can, and hope for the best.

How's everyone else doing? are green days approaching?

A xx

My green days are starting on the 14th, I can only just see them! Perhaps DF are estimating them early for you and will move them back? Are you using OPK's this cycle?

Just DTD anyway is a good plan Angie :) xxx

Ha ha - one month you'll get me to use OPK's Pinki!!

Am thinking no this month - mainly because I'll most likely be away with work, and not even able to DTD.......unless I find a nice waiter at the hotel lol ;-)

Next month, I promise I'll pee on sticks :)

This thread is primarily for users of Duofertility (or those thinking of buying), and until now, I didn't even realise that it was in the LTTTC section of the forum!!

Sexki11en, we are all on here to share our experiences, and personally, I have found Pinkis positivity on this thread a very helpful and motivating thing during the last 6 months since I joined the thread.

It saddens me that negativity should enter our happy group. Yes, some of us have a little moan and cry on here when we're having a shitty time, but the others help us by sharing their experience and encouraging positivity.

Yes, everyone is on a different stage of their ttc journey, but perhaps this is what makes this such a good group. One of encouragement, rather than one of doom and gloom.

In terms of whether you should get Duofertility or not, I'm not sure - especially if they are not giving you the money back guarentee.

Hi Angiedev you are spot on I could have written your reply myself. Everyones journey is different and at different stages I have never come onto this thread thinking this person or that person should not be here regardless of whether they have been ttc for 1 month, 2 years or 5 years. At the end of the day we are all in the same boat and trying for the same thing so please lets not loose sight of that.
I find this thread and replies very useful but if I find a reply I don't like I just simply ignore it and only take the bits of information I need.

Come on ladies TTC is stressful enough as it is so lets not add to that by bringing this thread down there too.

Hugs to everyone :hugs:

Hi everyone, I am considering getting this, does anyone know if you are able to use it with pcos and whilst using ovulation induction drugs? I know the clearblue fertility monitor is not compatible with pcos and fertility drugs, hoping this one is different?

Hi everyone, I am considering getting this, does anyone know if you are able to use it with pcos and whilst using ovulation induction drugs? I know the clearblue fertility monitor is not compatible with pcos and fertility drugs, hoping this one is different?

Not sure Lily7 - I think definite for PCOS, but not sure about with OV drugs - give them a call, they are really helpful - even at enquiry stage.
A :)

Hi Lily7, I think you are better off contacting Df and asking them the question. I am pretty sure when i was looking into using it i had read that women with pros have used it and successfully conceived. As it is an expensive monitor I would double check with them first to make sure.
Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->