Duo Fertility Monitor

MrsHowley81

Reaction score
So it's my 30th Birthday today and my amazing hubby got me a Duo Fertility Monitor, Has anybody got one? and also has anyone ever gotten pregnant with one? For nearly £500 I am hoping it is the going to work it's magic and if not we will get our money back after 12 months of using it if we don't get pregnant so it's a win win situation :)

So it's my 30th Birthday today and my amazing hubby got me a Duo Fertility Monitor, Has anybody got one? and also has anyone ever gotten pregnant with one? For nearly £500 I am hoping it is the going to work it's magic and if not we will get our money back after 12 months of using it if we don't get pregnant so it's a win win situation :)

no but i would love too know how your getting on with it. is it easy to use etc? Hope it gets you a BFP very soon

So far so good, it is lovely not having to panick if I am waking up to get my temperature in the mornings, So i am not constantly waking just in case I miss my time, It is so nice not to have to think about it. I have been wearing my sensor since yesterday and I don't even know I am wearing it, I am going to do my first up load tomorrow, although it is nowhere near as complicated as I was expecting it is definitely worth a try especially if it means no IVF :)

I was really tempted but as I use OPK and BBT to pinpoint ovulation I am wondering if there is something else wrong that timing wont cure :shrug: I am really curious to see how you get on though darling :hugs: I may use a CBFM and then if I get on well with that consider the monitor.

I started off with the CBFM which I used for over a year and I did BBT, the reason I have decided to use this is due to the fact you have fertility experts checking on your chart and giving you advice, they say 6 months using this is as affective as one cycle of IVF, so we shall see. I will let you know how I get on anyway. There don't seem to be many people using it on here so I have been looking on other forums and there does seem to be alot of women getting pregnant using it :) xx

Wow I didn't know that they had fertility analysts checking through your data, that would explain the high cost :dohh:

Please let me know how you get on as although it would mean saving for 6 months I would consider it if you feel it is worth it.

Good Luck hun xxx

I will keep you updated of course, this is our last chance as we have tried everything possible :)

so have uploaded your data yet? Is it easy to use and easy to understand. I want one lol

Yes I have uploaded everyday so far, it is really simple and cuts out the middle man it definitely will make it all less stressful :)

So far just before we brought it, to make sure that we were suitable and once we received and got it up and running just to notify us that they had started receiving information and they also want to check which e-mail address they could contact us on as my husband brought it but obviously it is me they are now contacting :)

Sorry to butt into your conversation but I just wanted to give some positive feedback on the monitor & also say if you can't afford the £500 in one go there is a monthly pay option. I've been using it for 6 weeks & so far very impressed. I was finding the adhesive uncomfortable so they sent me a test pack to send some others. You can add in if you've had a broken night's sleep, how badly & frequently. Also if you're ill, how I'll etc as obviously these thing affect your temp. Initially it had predicted that I would ovulated at the start of the week before last but I went on hols & once I'd changed the time zone (a few days after arriving, oooops!) the predicted ovulation dates changed so they must continually be analysing the data & then someone emailed me to warn me of this so I wouldn't miss the ovulation day.

I think it's fab, I was using the clearblue thing for 6 months prior & that only once told me I was ovulating despite me doing all urine sticks as instructed & I know I do ovulate more than that because the GP did blood tests. I should have just bought the Duofertility thing in the 1st place because given how much money I wasted on clearblue I almost could have paid for it!

Anyway I have irregular cycles but I'm kind of expecting period the weekend so if it doesn't appear I will be testing & seeing if I managed to get pregnant on month one of Duofertility.

Good luck to all others using & anyone thinking about it - buy one! Xx

Hi, I'm using Duo Fertility too. Its cd12 and it's green on my reader. I am trying not to stress and think of this as my miracle machine but I have to be positive.

Would love to know how everyone else is getting on.

xx

Well so far so good they predicted me being fertile around day 13 but then my fertile window changed to around day 17 and we missed that, but I have received an e-mail from Duo-Fertility advising that my fertile day had changed again for the next couple of days, I thought I had not ovulated so I am thrilled that I still might and that we haven't missed it, also this is the latest I have ever ovulated so it looks like we might of been missing our fertile time despite bbting and using clear blue fertility monitor :)

Update

I have indeed got pregnant on month 1 of using Duofertility! I'm 16 days past ovulation & a pale pink line has appeared today. Typically the bloody dog ate my sensor on the weekend & I've just forked out for a new one at £60, although I will keep it in case I miscarry, must not get too excited at this early stage. I was on the verge of emailing the support people to check that they had definitely got my ovulation day correct because I felt pregnant (I always used to think it was ridiculous when people said that) & had obsessively been reading on the internet about what day people got their positive result & the first response 6 day early test was negative & the test I did on day 13 was negative so my only conclusion was that they had my ovulation date wrong - but no they were right!

So I would definitely recommend Duofertility over Clearblue because according to Clearblue I ovulated once in 6 months which I know to be incorrect & due to my irregular periods I had no way to guess when my fertile days would be. Whereas Duofertility not only confirm it they emailed me to tell me.

Good luck to everyone else x

Congrats on your news Lucy. Can I ask how long you were trying?

Lucy that is great news, you have made my day. I have a feeling this is going to be a very lucky thread, Hope you have the best 9 months ever xXx

I've been looking at this and I'm really struggling to see what benefit it is over BBT - although not sticking a thermometer in my mouth might be worth it on it's own tbh!

Pleased to read of your BFP Lucy :)

Can I ask, when you say it's being analysed and you get emails - is that not just a computer looking at your data and adjusting your O date - much like online BBT software? And the emails are therefore auto generated?

I have to confess to being very cynical about this product, the marketting comparing it to IVF odds seems very naughty - the two are just not comparable. It feels like they are playing on peoples fears to sell it :(

MrsHowley, you mentioned contact to check you were ok to start using it - what sort of requirements do they have?

Hi
This is my first post. We have been TTC for over a year and last month I got duofertility. Got my period today and I'm so upset. Have been tearing up in work for the last few days because I knew it was coming. On the one hand I'm positive because now I have the monitor I feel more in control but I get very negative moments when I think just because it works for others doesn't mean it will for me. My husband is so supportive and he keeps telling me it will happen. On the duofertility monitor, I'm finding it very easy to use and really don't notice the sensor. I hadn't been using it long enough this month to get notification of my fertile days but llokng at my chart now I can see we dtd the day before I ovulated. I pray this will work. I was so excited to find this thread and every time I see someone else using it it gives me hope. Please keep posting updates so I know if it works for others. Thanks.

Oh my gosh, how have I never heard about this before? What exactly does it do? How does it work? Where do you get it?

If I dont get good answers from my consultant I am going to need something else! I can't keep dealing with bfn.

And congratulations Lucy and good luck to everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->