Ear-piercing 4 baby girls?

mummyoffive

Reaction score
I just wandered how people felt about little girls with their ears pierced? I had Gracies done at 3 months, mine were done at 6 weeks. Just wandered if anyone has/thinking about having it done or disagrees.x

Im not saying you're right or wrong, it's your choice! but I don't like it personally. I wouldn't want to put my little one in pain, id rather she chose if she wants to have her ears pierced when she gets older...

Not sure - Part of me would like to get her ears pierced a lil later on but another part of me thinks I will wait til she says she would like it!

yeh i must admit i did think i would feel really guilty if she screamed but she was really good and jus cried when they did it after were done was fine. i found it really easy to turn them and clean them and she didnt cry or get upset at all or fight me!. she is now 2 and half and she has never touched them or played with them etc (so far!!) i guess i thought it would be better get em done while she wouldn remember it really. x

My cuz had it done to her LO and she didnt even cry. She said she was told they dont have any feelings in the ear lobe intill 3 or 6 months can't recall which one lol

Really? I never knew that.

My mum is a beauty therapist and does ear piercing, she refuses to do babies ears as she can't take it when they cry! bless

I had my daughter's ears pierced when she was 2 months old. She didn't cry at all, however, I don't think I'd do it again if I had the chance. Once she got older, she never wore earings. She just started wearing earings again (she just turned 14).

Jennifer

yeah there are alot of places that wont do it anymore until 5 years old. most places say once they had their 1st lot jabs done it ok now- my son had 1 ear done last year(age 7) after driving me mad for ages and his gone thro 6 earrings where he plays wiv it- i gave up now and refused to buy a new one, so i think his hole has closed!!!! lolx

Never heard that they have no feeling in their lobes until a couple of months old! Hmmm if IF its true maybe its the noise. If I remember right it makes one loud pop? Loud to a baby maybe since they are starting to hear and sudden one off noises make them jump? Then again I could be wrong about the noise I can't remember!

yes it is quite loud- for a baby anyway-quite poss it could be the noise that makes em cry, although i never heard of them not having feeling in lobes either. i think personally its not much different from the heel prick test from my experience.

i had mine done when i was a few weeks old and dont remember it! If i ever have a little girl- i will get hers done while she is still a baby :o) Just a personal choice!

My mother had mine done as a baby and I'm glad she did because when I went to get my second set at 12 it stung pretty bad. Glad that I couldn't remember the first time around! Plus it made me look more like a girl when I was a baby.

I think that I will wait for when Angels older. I wouldn't want the earrings to poke her in the head when she's laying down. I'd rather she choose :)

Yuk ,not for my baby. Must hurt, why would you cause pain to your baby. I'm going to wait until they can ask and know whats involved

I would get them done when they are young. I had mine done at 6 weeks, and I dont remember it. Which is a good thing as I am scared of needles (moreso shots though). I dont wear earrings EVER, but I guess since I got them done so young, they have never closed up. I can go a year or two without wearing earrings and they are still fine. :D

My mom let me make the choice and I got my ears pierced at age 12. I think it was a nice bonding experience. I'm not completely against piercing babies ears but I don't think I would do it to my child that young.

Yuk ,not for my baby. Must hurt, why would you cause pain to your baby. I'm going to wait until they can ask and know whats involved

I agree, i would rather they made their own choice. I had mine done at 8 i wanted it done, and am glad i was able to make my own choice.

I dont like ear piercings on babys or young toddlers.

my personal opinion is that they are babies - leave them as babies.

I made Emily wait until she was 8 and could make the desicion for herself and explained it may hurt etc....
I don't like seeing tiny babies with earrings in, but each to their own i suppose

Personally I don't like it. I don't think it looks very nice on babies and when I think of how much it hurt to have my ears done when I was older, I'd hate to think of putting my baby through that if I didn't have to (if they can feel it). I'm sure my ears hurt worse than my belly button or my tattoos. The only thing that hurt worse was getting the top of my ear done. That was a killer!! Thats just my thoughts though.

I had Charlie-Jane's done when she was 5 monhs old, at teh time i was 20 and thought it was great, looking back at photos of her now ith ink it looks terrible and wouldnt do it again (not that im having any more kids!)

my friend has 4 girls and got all hers done and my sisters have had tehre girls done, its personal choice but i know now that i wouldnt do it again, i wish i had waited on Charlie but then saying that its the norm for her now.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->