Ear-piercing 4 baby girls?

why would you do it so early???

I do not see that it is necessary!

I will wait until mine can make her own choice 'bout it.

I got mine when I was 'bout six years old and I did not find it very painful then!

i would like to have Abbies ears done, when my parents went to italy i asked them to bring back a pair of childs earings as they are 18 cart gold out there, so i could put them on after i can put new earings in, but i keep chickening out, i dont want to see her in pain, i wish i had them done early when she was a baby.... If i have them done now, she might pull on them.....

my sister had her daughters done at the hospital lol, when \bailey was born, they could do it there and then when they were like a week old or something :S it's weird. I got Abi's done at 3 months, but i wouldnt do Izzie's, it's up to her now. Abi didnt cry once, at all evem when the gun 'popped' i got it done whilst she was sleeping and she didnt wake properly lol, whereas usually if you touched her she;d wake, so im thinking theres truth in the theory of no feeling in ear lobes until a certain age

Personally i dont like it. Just think its unnecessary really.

May i ask why you all got them done? Because you want to make it obvious to others that you have girls? Because you think it looks pretty? i dont understand...

my sister had her daughters ear done when they were babies she asked me when i was going to get ambers done i simply replied when she is old enough to ask me and age 6 she did ask me so had them done ill do the same for aynjel wait til she can ask me herself

Personaly speaking its not for me...

Im not having Olivia's ears peirced. If she wants them doing when she is old enough to make her own decision then I may think about it but I really don't see the need for her to have her ears peirced at such a young age.

x

Abi looked like a boy lol, when she was born she had really thick and quite long dark hair, and even looked like she had little sideburns lol no matter how much i cut Abi's hair, or tryed styling it, she looked like a little boy lol, so it was done not just ofr that reason, but it helped to make her look a little more feminine.

The word that gets me about this is 'I' 'I' had her ears pierced, 'I' wanted them done. Personally it should be left untill she can decide for her self.
At toddler group the other day there was a two yr old boy who had one ear pierced, because 'I' think it makes him look hard! that was his mothers comment!! I am trying to becareful how i word things as i know this topic has really stirred up trouble on other forums. People feel strongly about it, personally i am strongly against piercing babies ears.

They said that dogs could not feel it when their tails are docked, but they are starting to prove otherwise.

We pierced Alauna's ears when she turned 1. She cried for a moment, then was over it. She never pulled at her earrings or had any problem with them. Just so you ladies know they have special earrings for the babies and little kids that have backs on them that cover the sharp part of the earring so it doesn't poke them. Anyway, I love the earrings on her! If this next baby is a girl we'll pierce her ears at about 1 too.

i would ever have Kabe's ear pierced, because he's male and i feel it's a choice for him like you say about girls, but so many females DO have their ears pierced, its easier to get it done whilst young, whilst it APPEARS not to hurt, then make it hurt later in life when they choose to have it done anyway. Ears heal up, so if children decided they dont want them peiced, then they can be removed without a problem, i think it's just personal choice really

If its all about personal choice wait until the child is old enough to make that choice themselves

Raven got her ears done just after her 2nd birthday. We went with my niece Esha-Leigh(7) to get her ears done for her birthday and she was up on the chair and they pierced both her ears at the same time and she screamed and cried and the minute she got out of the chair raven hopped on and presumed she was getting hers done so when we said she wasn't she screamed and cried so we got them done and she didn't cry and she loves her sparklies as she calls them!!! really helps the way they do both ears at the same time xoxoxoxoxoxox

I got Gracies done because i like them. not great big ones or anything, just tiddy studs. i think if u did a poll a majority of women have there ears pierced and i personally found it easier to get them done while she didnt know bout it and they are normal to her so once she became a toddler she ignored them. i think they suit her and if she doesnt like them she can take them out later on but chances are she wont, she might just wear them for occasions or something, i dont know. ur right it is a touchy subject, however nobody has ever said anything about gracies when they have seen em in. i think its a personal choice but to me it hurts no more than jabs or heel prick test and most people put their baby through that, whats the difference? because it is cosmetic?:muaha:

I'm gonna get my babies done if they're a girl. I think it's alot easier to have the decision of whether to get rid of them than the decision of whether to get them lol. I didn't get mine done because I was afraid of the pain.

I think peirced ears on babies and young children looks awful.

I think I was about 11 when I had mine done. Yeah it hurt, but not really badly but I think that was an important part of having it done. You can't make a permanent change to your body without some pain. Plus I also thought that being able to bathe them myself and keep them clean was an important step in taking a responsible decision myself.

I definitely won't be having Charlotte's done until she's a lot older and would resist Tommy having his ears pierced at all. Old fashioned, ain't I?

I agree, I also do not find it pretty at all!

and you also have to keep in mind that a pierced ear will be a pierced ear for lifetime! what if she/he doesn't like the hole in ear/his ear???

tbh I find it a bit selfish, sorry!

you also wouldn't tattoo your baby, would you?

don't get me wrong, I am not against piercings at all, I had/have myself several of them done! and beside getting the tongue pierced none of them were painful as in I had real pain!!!

I think tattooing is a completely different matter.. you cannot remove a tattoo, you can however remove an earring/choose not to wear one.

I already posted this, but I've had mine done since 6 weeks, I dont wear earrings now, rarely even on special occasions. Just because there is a hole there doesn't affect these occasions. Plus, it's nice to know that if I ever wanted to I could just stick some in.

I do however get the point that was made about taking the pain/responsibility for choosing to get them done, like was mentioned.

If I ever had a girl, I would most likely get them done.

no I would't get them done. They are Seren's ears not mine and if she wants to have them pierced then she will understand that piercing does come with some pain, it never put me off getting piercings. I know most girls have their ears done but I won't presume my daughter will be one of them as I feel that it is her decision to make. Also I have read that due to the growth of the ear lobe, the holes may not be as central whe the child is older as if they would if you wait for a while. I am also not a fan of piercing guns, for a number of reasons including difficulties in sterilising them and the tissue damage and will only get piercings by needle in future. If I wouldn't risk my body being pierced by a gun there is no way on earth I would let my daughters be.

I don't think you can compare it to the heel prick test, and think its a bit of a silly comparison and quite offensive sorry. One is necessary to test for conditions that could be life threatening, whereas the other is to make your daughter look pretty - no comparison there.

I don't think you can compare it to the heel prick test, and think its a bit of a silly comparison and quite offensive sorry.
One is necessary to test for conditions that could be life threatening, whereas the other is to make your daughter look pretty - no comparison there.

=D> Very well said! Beanie

I don't think you can compare it to the heel prick test, and think its a bit of a silly comparison and quite offensive sorry. One is necessary to test for conditions that could be life threatening, whereas the other is to make your daughter look pretty - no comparison there.[/QUOTE]

The point was that IN MY OPINION i dont think they would feel the pain anymore than the heel prick test or jabs, the only difference is that it is cosmetic. I dont necessarily think earrings are pretty- i wanted my daughters done as i personally preferred her to have them done early rather than later.I dont think that everybody should do it or that everybody has to agree that is just my choice. I apologise if you found my comment offensive that was not my intention it is simply my opinion. The heel prick test does test for life threatening conditions and the jabs are for prevention of some well known illnesses as i am fully aware of, however it does not change the fact that it is a parental choice to have them done in the first place.There is also alot of debate over the jabs so i do not think it was a silly comparison. No offence intended.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->