Earliest time to test?

zilla

Reaction score
Hello:thumbup:

Honestly .... what DPO do you start testing?
And what is the earliest DPO where you can get an accurate result?

(I know these two days might not be the same :haha:)

It depends on implantation AKA its different for every baby (joy) Which typically happens btw 6dpo and 12dpo but actually go as late as 16dpo (although that is really late and is very unlikely. Kind of like winning the lottery. It did happen to my friend.) HCG doubles every 24 hours and you can get a positive about 2 days after the little bundle implants.
So if it implants at 6dpo then you can get a bfp on day 8. But if your bundle doesn't implant till day 12 and you test at day 8 then you get a big old negative.
So just like kids every pregnancy is different, and so when you can get a accurate result is based on whenever the kid decides to nestal into your womb plus 2 days. If your looking for a surefire date, after your period is due is usually pretty accurate (although not always lol.)
I personally dont start testing till 11dpo, and I test in 48 hour intervals. In my early years of TTC I went all out testing everyday from day 8 till AF showing up. This kind of adds up, and so after 4 years of TTC I've cooled my jets. The impulse to test is still there, but I remind myself that I'm more likely to get a negative and bum myself out if I go to early.

Thankyou!
I tested today at what I think is 9dpo. BFN (too early I guess)! Had cramps yesterday and today though. I'm not sure ... no other symptoms.
I think I'm out this month!

Thankyou!
I tested today at what I think is 9dpo. BFN (too early I guess)! Had cramps yesterday and today though. I'm not sure ... no other symptoms.

If your 9dpo then there's still hope! And you're not really out till the evil AF shows up. Pregancy is a funny thing. Some women start having achy boobs and throwing up durning their 2 week wait and others make it 9 months with without experiencing a single ache, pain, or upset stomach (although maybe they suffer the wrath of every other women scorning them lol.) Keep your head up! I hope you get your bfp soon :)

That is somewhat accurate but here are some bits not quite right

Hcg doubles every 48 hours and it.depends on ur non pregnant hcg level as to how long it takes to get a pos.

If u implant at 6dpo and have a non pregnant hcg of 5 u cud get a pos on a 10hpt at 8dpo. However if u implant at 10dpo and only have a non pregnant hcg of 1 u won't show on a 10hpt until 18dpo. even later if I use a 25hpt

Some ppl dont even show on hpt at all for some reason, only get it on blood tests

Hcg doubles every 48 hours
even though I wrote 2 days everywhere else in that post for whatever reason I said 24 hours instead of 48. I blame my flu bug for this one ;p

Thankyou!

If your 9dpo then there's still hope! And you're not really out till the evil AF shows up. Pregancy is a funny thing. Some women start having achy boobs and throwing up durning their 2 week wait and others make it 9 months with without experiencing a single ache, pain, or upset stomach (although maybe they suffer the wrath of every other women scorning them lol.) Keep your head up! I hope you get your bfp soon :)

thankyou! and you :dust:

even though I wrote 2 days everywhere else in that post for whatever reason I said 24 hours instead of 48. I blame my flu bug for this one ;p

Lol the flu can be blamed for everything and anything!!

I always tell myself to go by worst case scenario with hpt, assume u implated late and ur hcg level was 1. Makes u feel better when u get a bfn at 13 dpo like me today :-(

Lol the flu can be blamed for everything and anything!!

I always tell myself to go by worst case scenario with hpt, assume u implated late and ur hcg level was 1. Makes u feel better when u get a bfn at 13 dpo like me today :-(

:hugs: there's still hope though if no AF yet?

No, temp has been creeping down, coverline is just above 36.3 temp yesterday was down to 36.6 from 36.8 and today it was down to 36.5 if it isnt down to coverline tomorrow Il test but I feel it will show tomorrow

No, temp has been creeping down, coverline is just above 36.3 temp yesterday was down to 36.6 from 36.8 and today it was down to 36.5 if it isnt down to coverline tomorrow Il test but I feel it will show tomorrow

:hugs:

Now 11dpo.
Think I may have an evap. I'm not sure. I don't trust ICs in the slightest. There's a tiny line there but I can't figure out if it's grey or pink. For now, I'm going to assume it's grey as had lots of rubbish evaps before!

Don't think I'll accept a BFP from an IC these days unless the test gets off the table and slaps me round the face :haha:

Takin into account every1 is diff & depends on inplantation too. But for me both times gt faint but very visible bfp on 9dpo. I start testing at 8dpo knowing obv its too early but i just get obsessed lol cant wait will officially b ttc nw! Just waiting for AF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->