Early 30's TTC #1

Soleil - I cant believe I havent posted my CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet. I am soooo pleased for you - that s wonderful news. I often think about all my bnb ladies who took time out and hope and pray they get their family - you so deserve it my friend. Please, please do keep us posted.

Jogu - fab to hear from you too. I kept checking your siggy to see if you had posted elsewhere - so good to hear you ok and moving forward. Let us know how the IUI goes :hugs: please dont forget us :hugs:

Hopeful - just on the off chance you are checking in - :hug:

MrsP - let us know the name already lady!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Hi everyone !
I'm 32 and am on my 3rd month TTC for #1. I'm already feeling a little frustrated and have always thought I would become pregnant as soon as I would have decided.
I had a lap surgery done last october for a mild endo on my left ovary. No blocked tubes, all seems good.
My DH is 37 and all is good as well.

Our magic cocktail is royal jelly/maca/EPO for me and royal jelly/L carnitine for him.Are any of you taking the same sups ?
Crossing fingers to get my BFP soon and looking forward to reading you :)

But before I get to that, CONGRATULATIONS are in order to MrsPTTC and her lovely, little girl! Yeahhhh!! :dust: That is my "blessings dust" so that you're little one's life is FULL of them! :kiss:

Rosa - I LOVE Jack's St. Patty's day outfit. He's just too freaking cute!

Jogu - just wanted to say that I love your positive quote about the butterfly in your signature. It's really uplifting and, well, true. We were at a butterfly conservatory here over the weekend and both me and DH had a butterfly land on us. According to Victorian tradition, you're supposed to make a wish! :winkwink:

Ladies, thanks for all the kudos. Today, I am feeling hopeful again. Yesterday I totally crashed and broke down. We went in on Monday for the nuchal screen. Baby was measuring a few days ahead, so they've bumped the EDD date up to September now. Heart was strong at 150; s/he was jumping around, making right hooks (hilarious!); the nuchal translucency revealed 1.2mm space, which is just fabulous. The person doing the ultrasound said that s/he had nasal bone, which "is great"; and all the little hands and feet were present, etc.

Then we get the blood results back. UGH. We are at increased risk of having a baby with Down syndrome. Basically, my odds are the same as a 42 year old and I'm only 33. A doctor came in and immediately advised us to get genetic counseling and said that I could come in tomorrow to get a "procedure" done (CVS or amnio). I was like, hold on. We've got to discuss this.

It was such a lot of information! And so scary! But I left the hospital feeling fine. This baby is PERFECT and is here to stay! I looked at our ratio - 1:53. It means that for every 53 expecting moms who are at increased risk of having a Ds baby, only 1 will actually have a baby with Ds. That's like a 98% chance that this baby does not have Ds! So, yeah. I was like, screw it. Baby is fine. No genetic counseling, etc., and DH completely agreed.

But then yesterday, Tuesday, I just crashed. One of my girlfriend's saw the scan of baby that I sent to her and she said that baby was perfect. And I just bawled. Because I think that he/she is, but baby could be that ONE of the 53 who has Ds and I'm just not sure what to do if that is the case. :cry: I kept thinking about other "normal" women who get odds of 1:350 or 1:500 and I'm like hot damn, our odds ARE shi**y.

Sorry this is so long, but I need to get it off my chest. I'm trying to remain positive. This baby IS chromosomally "normal." It HAS TO BE. So much to consider, to think about. And I look at that little body and beautiful profile and just know that everything HAS to turn out okay. I cannot contemplate the alternatives right now.

Anyway, went in for this specialized blood test yesterday afternoon. It measures the DNA fragments from baby that are in your blood stream. It's still a screening test and not a "diagnostic" one, but it's apparently very accurate. I should get the results in two weeks. Praying to God that they come back negative for Down syndrome.

It's going to be a looooong wait.

Soleil I'm really sorry, its a tough decision, it annoys me that you've been put in this position after all you've been through, life is so not fair :growlmad:

Mymoomoo, welcome hun but we've pretty much all got babies or BFP's now so you'll probably find posting in another thread is more beneficial :flower:

So baby P is literally baby P as we'be named her Penny Elizabeth. She's beautiful, will post pics soon & more info x

SB - massive hugs honey. I decided not to have DS testing as I decided we had enough to worry about. I now wonder what my stats would have showed - for all we know I could have had a 1-10 chance!! We also had a long talk about it and decided we woudl cpe whatever may - however, i know this is a very personal choice. I also knew I couldnt do the diagnostc testing that carried a risk of miscarriage. It is just so unfair that you have been put in this position after all you have been through. I know everyone says this but stats are stats and i there were 53 ladies in a room only one lhave a baby with DS....put like that it doesnt sound very likely at all, but I totally understand why you are worried . I hope the next tests come back fine - we are all here for you and sending you our bestest vibes :hugs: :hug: :babydust:

SB, oh wow. What a scary thing. :hugs: I'm SURE your baby will be just fine. 1 in 53 is not that high if you think about it, so try not to worry about it. Easier said than done, I know. Your baby will be perfect. You will love this baby so much, no matter what. You will be the most important person to this baby...and he/she will love you more than anything in the world. :hugs: Like mrsmax said, I also didn't have the test, so who knows...I also could have had 1 in 53 chances. Hang in there.

Mrsp, Love love the name!!! :happydance:

congratulations MrsP, I think I totally forgot to congratulate you:flow::flow:

Congrats MrsP! What a lovely name.

i guess that means i'm next. Yikes.

Soleil, my friend had similar test results, and her baby arrived without ds. :hugs:

Sometimes it feels like all the testing makes us more stressed out than at ease. My blood work and NT screen was normal, but it seemed like every ultrasound i had there was some sort of worry: 7 weeks - fibroids, 20 weeks - cervix is too short, 22 weeks - just kidding, your cervix is ok, but your placenta is too low, 30 weeks - placenta is still too low, and your baby is too big, 34 weeks - now placenta is ok, but your kid is 6 and a half pounds...95th percentile. UGH.

Thanks for the support girls. I wish I had known that the dang test was an option. The OB made it sound like standard procedure. She told me that I would have basic blood work, but never that it would be testing for Down syndrome. I told my DH if we EVER get pregnant again, I will NOT do that test. I walked past her office today and wanted to go in there and tell her how much stress she has put us under.

I would advise a woman, who is for all intents and purposes fairly healthy, not to do this test. When our mothers were pregnant with us, do you think they had all this stuff? No. Of course, some will say that more babies were born with complications, etc. BUT the moms more than likely had LESS unnecessary STRESS.

Yesterday was a bad day. I read up on women with better odds than me who had a child with Ds. I read up for hours on the different types of Ds. I looked at photos. I came to the conclusion that this is all out of my control (hasn't it always been that way?). I need to stop with the reading.

Today is a good day. I have made up my mind that this baby is fine. I just wish the results would hurry up and come. I cannot work until they do.

Why is this pregnancy thing so hard? I see people differently now. Yesterday I was walking around and looking at people and saying "chromosomally normal." How can there be so many chromosomally normal people walking around this city and I might be at risk for having a chromosomally abnormal one?! I promise I'll be content with the one child. Just please, please, please, let him/her be healthy.

So mad right now. Next week, when I get my results I feel like I'll want to say something to the doctor about the stress she unnecessarily put me through. But, instead, I hope that I'm just thanking God for a baby with 46 chromosomes. No need to be nasty, Soleil. No need.

And I continue to breathe...

Aisak I was told at exactly 35 weeks at growth scan baby p was estimated 5lb 9 & around 7ish/8ish lbs at birth & she was only 6lb 5 so I wouldn't worry too much as they can get it wrong. But hey if they're right they say bigger babies are easier to push out :winkwink:

SB yes in the UK we have an option which I agreed to its something we wanted to know but I understand why people wouldn't. Shame they didn't give you the option :growlmad: :hugs:

x

Interesting that she didn't mention it's not an option. My RE said it's mandatory and my ob said it was not. :shrug: who the heck knows. I do know that I didn't get the test and still worried about ds the entire pregnancy. I'm not sure which would have been worse...getting it or not because I panicked the entire time. I also saw lots of people with ds wherever I went and was convinced that the universe was trying to send me a sign. :dohh: But I think it was because it was on my mind. The same way when I wanted to be engaged, all I saw were diamond rings. :haha: And when we were ttc, all I saw were preggo bumps. What results are you waiting for? I thought you decided not to get the amnio?

SB - to be honest, I think if I hadnt given it lots of thought before the testing was discussed I wouldnt necessarily have realised it was optional as all the healthcare pros talk to you as f it is mandatory and were quite surprised I turned it down. As Rosa said though - there were times I regretted not having the test. I would study every person I saw with DS and came to the conclusion we would cope whatever. I even checked out local parent support groups etc as I wanted to be prepared. Funny, my mum said exactly the same as you - they didnt have scanning and testing in her day and she is pleased as she couldnt imagine having all that extra stress! You and your baby will be fine my friend :hugs: - ps :growl: to the doctor for not explaining things better to you.

We had the NT done but more because I needed to see our baby on an u/s again to reassure me that we still had a heartbeat and a growing baby than us being concerned about DS. For me I am glad I had the test done because I got to see that Amelia (Fuzzy) was grown and also that was about the time when things started getting scary with my dad - they were talking tumours on his spine and in his lungs so it was great that my mum got to come with me and see Fuzzy - something good to hope for.

As so much was going on I never stopped to think about the implications of the test if it had been positive. However it was our choice to have the test especially as in Aus it is not a free test unless you have risk factors such as age, family history etc.

Shame on the doc for not explaining that it was optional. Pregnancy in and of itself is exhausting and stressful at times without adding this. I am sure those results will come back clear. Hugs hope they are back soon

Hi Mymoomoo! Welcome. Hoping you get your BFP soon. I'm 33 and still trying myself but have been for quite some time now. Frustration is natural. I'm not on any supps but many ladies on bnb are on them. There are a few supplement threads in TTC main forum.

Hi everyone !
I'm 32 and am on my 3rd month TTC for #1. I'm already feeling a little frustrated and have always thought I would become pregnant as soon as I would have decided.
I had a lap surgery done last october for a mild endow on my left ovary. No blocked tubes, all seems good.
My DH is 37 and all is good as well.

Our magic cocktail is royal jelly/maca/EPO for me and royal jelly/L carnitine for him.Are any of you taking the same sups ?
Crossing fingers to get my BFP soon and looking forward to reading you :)

Hi ladies :hi:

Soleil wishing you the best and praying everything goes well with your baby. :hugs:

on the Harmony test results. The docs' office called me on Friday and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. It was only to remind me of my Tuesday appt. :wacko: They did tell me that the results would be available today. So now I'm just awaiting...

And Rosa, girrrl, I know exactly what you mean! I've been wondering about the same "signs" - seeing Ds stuff everywhere. :dohh:

Hopefully I'll be updating you with some good news in the next 24 hours!

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->