Early 30's TTC #1

SB I'm with you, I love the name Abigail but now I'm worried it's too popular.

Love the ticker!!

I'm always a supporter of team yellow, don't know why. :)

I had a friend who didn't want to know but her hubby did. The doc only told her hubby. Of course he eventually slipped. But I thought it was cute the way they did it. :)

I wish I had the patience for :yellow: Always wanted to know so I could prep the baby's room!

Yesterday I liked the name Alina [that's the one that DH came up with that we both liked] and by last night, I was off it. WTH?! :wacko: He says he's not sharing any more names with me if I keep shooting them down so quickly after liking them. :haha: I have found one today that I really like, tho, which means he probably won't like it very much. :dohh: I'm not going to share it just yet because I need to see how much I really like it. A name I've liked for the past few days, tho, is Macy, but it means WEAPON. UGH. Why? :growlmad: Anyway, it doesn't really matter right now what I like. As you can tell, it will all change a million times over before baby comes. And do you also notice that I'm looking at girl's names?! Does that mean subconsciously I think it is a girl? Hmmmmm.

Rosa - good idea about bringing the snacks into the room. I wonder if I would keep DH up, tho? Only one way to find out...

MsJMouse - we do have a comfy couch. But it needs to be defurred! Ha, ha! Since we're moving house, maybe I'll put the comfy couch upstairs and get another one for the living room. We've never actually had a proper living room set. Just different pieces that - I think - all go together quite nicely.

Hakuna - I meant to tell you how exciting it is that you are going for #2! I am not sure that I'm going to go down that path. But you never know. This journey has been rough enough at times. If Baby gets a nice name, maybe it will be just the one. If I end up not liking the name after giving it to him/her, maybe we have to go for #2 to rectify the situation! :haha: Kidding! [I think]

Regal - we are going to try it that way. DH finding out, me not knowing. We're toying with the idea of having a gender reveal baby shower. I just have to think on whether I want to share that special moment with SO MANY other people.

Ladies, I have another question for you. Pinching feelings in the uterus. At first I thought I was getting a UTI or something, but then I realized that the pinches "travel." I am wondering if that is my Baby jabbing me? The strange thing is, if it is, the child is very active in the early hours of the morning, but calm throughout the day. It's nothing to worry about, right? Cause I read all these things about how the first time you feel your baby, it's like butterflies and/or bubbles, etc. If this is me feeling my baby, gracious! Talk about a warrior-in-training! :bodyb: I wonder if it's related to me being hungry at that time of the morning, too? Little one is active, I eat and then s/he settles. I eat every 2-3 hours during the day and so maybe s/he's satisfied and in no mood to jab. So strange...

Ok! I'm off! :kiss:

Hakuna that is the down side. Neutral colors arent as inspiring especially in clothing! Nursery themes also seem like they'd be challenging unless something A Mickey Mouse theme or Jungle Book Safari theme but that seems moreso for a boy. I saw a wonderful storybook theme in a magazine once.
Can't you tell Ive been thinking about this a whole lot. Lol

Soleil, I love the gender reveal idea! I think it heightens the excitement. It also is the perfect set up for co-ed baby showers! Dh and I have considered doing this when our time comes but favor team yellow over that.

Did you all have Traditional or CoEd showers?

Love the gender reveal thing! I think we'll do that next time. But your'e right...do I really want to find out such a huge thing with lots of eyes on me, seeing how I'll react? Not sure...

I can't handle not knowing the gender! :haha: I need to plan, imagine, choose a name ahead of time, buy things, etc. Could never be team yellow, unless we had one of each and were having a third. Then, I think it would be cool.

You'll have tons of feelings down there from now on. :thumbup: I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Your uterus is growing a ton during this time of the pregnancy, so that's probably what is causing the pinching sensation. Could be the baby, but that's more like a flutter than a pinch at this point.

We were team yellow. I was quite okay with that till about a month out and then I was dying to know. We went with a jungle/animal theme with green curtains and white furniture with splashes of bright colours. I would consider going team yellow again but dh says he would probably want to know. Part of my reason for team yellow is I know two different ladies who went to baby showers for girls and the mum bought home a boy - oops :dohh:

Hi, there! Regal, I think most of the baby showers are women-only/traditional where I'm from. Although, I had two bridal showers - my mom hosted one and my MIL hosted the other - and the shower my MIL threw was co-ed. DH has a HUGE family! So, if she has anything to do with a baby shower, I'm sure that it will be co-ed. The guys tend to hang outside though. :haha:

Yeah, Rosa, I don't think it's the baby. Not sure what it is. Didn't have it last night. But, man, am I ever having a rough time sleeping. Third night in a row where I am simply up for HOURS in the early AM. It bites. :wacko: But, you know, it's all for a great cause! Also, regarding the shower, I am sure I'll be ecstatic either way (because I will be!), but what if I don't like other people's reactions? You know, ohhh, we were hoping it was X. People would not say that to you at your shower, right!? (or ever, I would hope!).

And this whole shower talk is kinda funny because I have no idea whether or not I'll even get a shower. I'll go home for a coupl'a weeks and just have my fingers and toes crossed that someone will want to throw me one two months or so before my due date.

I woke up this morning thinking that I might want to know if it's a boy or a girl. Me and DH went out to dinner last night and a lot of our conversation was about girl names. Thankfully, I still really like the one I thought of the other day. So that's a good sign! DH doesn't love it like I do. He says, "It's okay" and he'll put it on the list. :winkwink:

MsJMouse - I am thinking about an animal theme, too. I would want that regardless of whether baby was a boy or a girl (I love animals...). I also see certain things in the nursery that would be present whether baby is a boy or a girl, which is one of the reasons why I think I can go forward without knowing the sex. However, the clothes/blankies thing might be an issue. God knows, I am a feminist and the last person to say that certain colours are inherently for certain sexes, but I'll admit, pink and purple stuff and we get a boy...Errr. I don't think so. And if we get a ton of blue stuff and it's a girl...Again, not jumping up and down on that one. I like yellows, tans, browns, greens, oranges for either one.

Have a lovely weekend! :kiss:

You'd be surprised at what people say. :wacko: But really, who cares about what they think?? Or, you could just do a small gathering of people. OR, you could get a cake or whatever you want to do and just video you and your dh opening it together and then send it out to family/friends.

Keep the name you like at the top of the list. Keep bringing it up and sooner or later, you'll wear your dh down. :rofl: AND, you'll be able to get just about anything you want after you push this kid out. Your dh will be in so much awe and feel so bad for you, that he'll give you anything! THAT'S the moment you ask for the name one more time. :winkwink:

Sorry about not getting sleep. Wish I could say that got better...:nope: But you're right, it helps to know it's because you have a baby in your belly!

You'd be surprised at what people say. :wacko: But really, who cares about what they think?? Or, you could just do a small gathering of people. OR, you could get a cake or whatever you want to do and just video you and your dh opening it together and then send it out to family/friends.

Keep the name you like at the top of the list. Keep bringing it up and sooner or later, you'll wear your dh down. :rofl: AND, you'll be able to get just about anything you want after you push this kid out. Your dh will be in so much awe and feel so bad for you, that he'll give you anything! THAT'S the moment you ask for the name one more time. :winkwink:

Sorry about not getting sleep. Wish I could say that got better...:nope: But you're right, it helps to know it's because you have a baby in your belly!

When my grandpa was told i was pregnant he said "Well, if that's what you want." Uh...i think you mean congratulations, but whatever. Such a charming guy.

We STILL have not pinned down a boy's name. DH keeps saying "that's another name i like" to the worst names (this weeks has been "Gustaf" and "Jolin"...sigh). i just pretend as if i don't hear him. i'm hoping Rosa's theory is true and that once he sees the whole labour and delivery process, i'll get my name (John). He hasn't out and out said no to it, just keeps hinting at other names. He can have whatever middle name he wants...just as long as he doesn't dare push for "Gustaf" while i have ice packs in my underpants. i might have to punch him in the face if he pulls that crap!

And as for sleep...it only gets worse. i don't feel like i've really slept the whole third trimester. i maybe get 4/5 hours of very broken sleep right now. Even if i'm dead tired, DH's breathing/snoring, my need to pee every hour and my sheer size keep me from sleeping.

You'll have tons of feelings down there from now on. :thumbup: I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Your uterus is growing a ton during this time of the pregnancy, so that's probably what is causing the pinching sensation. Could be the baby, but that's more like a flutter than a pinch at this point.

Yup I had those pinching sensations too, I think they're more growing pains. Nothing to be worried about.

Sb, my first feelings of Penny weren't the butterflies like they say it is, mine were actually mild kicks x

Wow - I've been out of town for a few days and missed so much conversation. I love the fact this thread is so active right now :)

SB - on the names thing. DH dismissed loads of my preferred names, but funnily enough my favourite name was Ava from the beginning and he said no. I then found out it was in the top 5 for girls names so figuared like you I didnt want a really trendy name. However, when I suggested Eva about 2 weeks before she was born he really liked it - which is funny cause it isnt that different from Ava so I feel I kinda got my own way!!

I also loved, loved, loved the meaning of Eva - it means "life" and I thought that was so appropriate bearing in mind all our infertility struggles.

As for team yellow - I really wanted to find out the sex but DH didnt. In the end, I loved being team yellow and wouldnt change it. as for nurseries we painted it a neutrual taupe and added really colourful curtains and stuff. Now we will add some pink and rd decals and make it a bit more girlie.

I agree on the twinges - I got so many in the last trimester and it always scared the hell out of me.

I am so excited we have 2 more babies arriving soon on this thread :happydance: So exciting.

AFM - just spent a long weekend with the in-laws. We rented a house and it was ok seeing as I dont get on with my MIL. However, we had a couple of strained moments. There was a book in the house called "How to get pregnant" and when Dh pointed it out she "It is easy to get pregnan" There was only me and DH in the room so completely tactless. I replied that it hadnt been that easy for me and DH and she said "you just need to get the timing right and lie back and enjoy it" :growlmad: So basically she was accusing me of not getting pregnant because I wasnt enjoying sex - I was sooooo mad with her. I politely pointed out that for people suffering with infertility it is very hurtful when people say "just relax and you will get pregnant" I also said it was rubbish as no amount of relaxing would unblock tubes or make your egg quality better. She then carried on and said "but i thought you were cleared of any physical issues"!!!! In other words she was saying it was my emotional blockage and attitude that had stopped us conceiving naturally. I cant believe how incredibly rude she was and I basically ended up telling her that! grrrrrrrrr.......

She SAID that to you?! :grr: Wow. She does know what you went through, right? What a bitch!

I also love the name Ava. Although I'd probably go with Eva pronounced like Ava. :shrug: That was the girl name that I was keeping in my back pocket because dh wasn't crazy about it. :winkwink:

Hi, there! Regal, I think most of the baby showers are women-only/traditional where I'm from. Although, I had two bridal showers - my mom hosted one and my MIL hosted the other - and the shower my MIL threw was co-ed. DH has a HUGE family! So, if she has anything to do with a baby shower, I'm sure that it will be co-ed. The guys tend to hang outside though. :haha:

Hi Soleil :hi: the last two baby showers we've been to have been co-ed and we're invited to one next month. It seems like the in thing these days which is cool.
I can't say how I'll want it down the line however, for my bridal shower I insisted women only. I'm quite progressive in my views but there are some traditions I hang on to.

Cool your MIL gave you a separate shower. I think it's better that way sometimes. I had one huge one. It was overwhelming...very beautiful but overwhelming. :)

Mrsmax Your MIL was so out of line! :growlmad: Ughhh...it's just like what Rosa said a few posts ago about being surprised what people will say. Sometimes, I think people are waiting to get that last little dig in. Ughh! You didn't deserve that. Sorry you had to stay there with her after that crap!:growlmad:

:hugs: to everyone :)

Rosa - yep she knows that we TTC for 2 years and went through IVF - she didnt even apologise, just laughed and said she had obviously touched a nerve! :growlmad: Sigh. I got my own back in a way as for some reason every time she tried to cuddle Eva, Eva cried!!!! :haha:

I think it would be nice to have co-ed baby showers - they are strictly women only I think in the UK but seems sad the men miss out!

So before I get to that, tho, let me just respond to a few of the previous posts:

Rosa - I am SO going for that strategy! Thanks! :thumbup: I already told DH that when I get up at night to pee, I am going to whisper the name that I want in his ear over and over. Let it sink in. Ya know? :winkwink: Trouble is, every time I get up, he wakes up! So I haven't been able to try it out yet!

Aisak - your grandpa story made me laugh. Such an older guy thing to say (am I stereotyping?!) :dohh: If my mom's dad were still around, I could just see him saying something like that! :rofl:

Mrsmax - I love your daughter's name - E or A. It's very pretty. I had Ava on my list, but DH has a first cousin with that name. It's actually going to be hard to find names that do not already belong to one of his first cousins or their kids. He has 61 FIRST cousins! And God knows how many of them have children already... :wacko: I think it's really great that you continue to stand your ground with your MIL. She does sound like a right ol' bee-yatch. Eva cries because she can sense the unpleasantness seeping out of that woman!

Regal - just wondering, how long has it been since you began your TTC journey? I am impressed that you stay on this board. I had to take a six month break when I lost #2. Coming on would remind me of what I didn't have...Just to put some things in perspective for you, when our love bug arrives at the end of September/beginning of October, it will be four years and a couple of months since we started *trying.* Your baby is coming. Just wanted to "remind" you of that. :flower:

Actually, before I do the weight question. Cloth diaper question - any of you gals doing that or plan to do that?

All right, weight question. I know every body/pregnancy is different and that you don't necessarily put on weight in the first tri., but would you say that you were happy with your weight gain? Unhappy? I am a little worried that I am not putting on enough weight. Sixteen weeks plus at this point and I've only put on 5 pounds. It pisses me off when DH says, "make sure you eat now!" as if I'm not eating and trying to starve our child! Grrrr. :growlmad: I eat every two to three hours! It's okay to not have put on a lot of weight this early on, right? I'm looking for some reassurances here! I guess I'm judging baby's growth on my belly size right now because it seems like so long since I've seen him/her on the screen! I may send you a bump photo in the next day or so.

Stupid, unnecessary worries, I know. :dohh:

readyor not, did you stick to the EIC method? How is that going? I'm still in awe of that strategy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->