Early 30's TTC #1

Update: I took one two hours after the previous one and the test line was definitely darker than the control. Yay! I just needed to wait a little I guess.

Update: I took one two hours after the previous one and the test line was definitely darker than the control. Yay! I just needed to wait a little I guess.

Sorry, only just seen your previous post - glad it's all sorted now :thumbup:

Hi gals! DH and I are both 31 and working on cycle 7 of TTC#1. Boy, this is a tough and frustrating business!

I'm currently in the miserable 2WW (I call it miserable, but I guess it's also the most hopeful time of the month... there's a chance I could actually be PG right this minute!). I'm 13DPO and I'm really not sure if the witch is coming soon or not. She's due within the next 48 hours, and I really don't know whether to expect her this time around.

We don't temp or use OPKs, cause we're trying to keep ourselevs from getting too stressed about this whole thing (good luck with that, huh?). But we did try one new thing this month - made sure we'd BD'd in the AM around OV. I'd heard that's when the swimmers are the strongest and most plentiful, so thought we'd give it a whirl.

Anyway... sorry for gabbing. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Hopeful - I'm sorry that I have no experience with OPKs and can't help out with your pics.

Hi Ladies! Welcome Elliot and good luck over the next couple days!! Keep us updated!

I am currently 2dpo. I don't anticipate any symptoms during the 2ww as I didn't have any symptoms until 5 weeks last time even though my hcg and progesterone were sky high. Well...the only weird thing was shooting pain through my breast that I had never felt before and have never felt since. Maybe that was a symptom who knows. AF is due Monday Nov. 22 so I'll probably be testing Sunday Nov. 21. This is my first month trying after my mc this summer so I'm trying not to get too excited, but really...how is that even possible?!?

How are the rest of you doing?

Ok, one other weird thing...so I got 2 days of positive opk this month, which I haven't ever got before (only out of 3 months), but I know it's common and just assumed that I caught the surge on the way up and down. The day after the first positive I got my usual ovulation pain on the left side like usual. Then all of a sudden 24 hours later I got similar pain, but this time on the right side. Do you think it's possible that I released 2 eggs? If you do is it usually on the same side or opposite? If so, I hope so much we at least caught one of them!!

Hi all :flower:
Sorry, haven't been on here in a few days (busy getting an assignement finished!!!!)
So it's hello and goodbye to Elliot!!!! lol... don't know if you'll be back on here, but congrats again!!!!! :thumbup:

So hopefulmama, how many dpo are you now? Any good symptoms?!?!? :haha: Only a few more days til testing then hun! Good luck!!!!
I don't know whether it's possible to ov twice - fab if it is - 2 chances in one month!!!! Cool!!!! Double the chance so fingers crossed for you!!!! :thumbup:

Well, I think I Ov'd Satuday or Sunday... I wasn't expecting it til today or tomorrow (CD 15 or 16) but opk and ewcm showed I Ov'd on CD11 or 12... FF hasn't recognised temps yet - my temps are a bit all over the place this month - my pre-ov temps have been much higher than normal - nearer post-ov temps, so no major temp shift really... :dohh: we'll see!!!! So yeah, because I wsn't expecting to Ov so early we didn't BD loads but depending on whether it was Saturday or Sunday we will have managed to BD on Ov day and maybe day before Ov... So we'll see... :shrug: I'm just praying that it's my turn this month [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

So how's everyone else doing?!?!?

Congrats, Elliott!!! That's great news!

Good luck Caroline. It doesn't matter if you BD lots as long as you got a couple good days in there and it sounds like you did! Fingers crossed for you!

I am 7dpo. No symptoms yet and I don't really anticipate any. I didn't have any last time so I'm just patiently waiting! I'm expecting AF on Monday so going to try to wait to test until Sunday. I'm trying to stay realistic because I know it may not happen the first cycle trying after my loss, but I can't help but be optimistic!!! I'll let you know! As far as my crazy ovulation cramps after I o'd...well I've had those every day since o except for 4 dpo and now today. Who knows...

Ooooh, well GL hun!!!!
FF has recognised my temps and said I'm 5dpo now... I'm not 100% convinced - I think I may only be 4dpo... but hey, no big deal - as least is recognised I Ov'd.

Hi girls, Me and DH are both 34 (think I might be the oldest of the 'early 30s' gang but not quite in the 'over 35s' yet). Not quite sure how I got this old and I want lots of children so I am telling my body it can't take to long about this TTC business! I'm currently CD12 and this is my 2nd month TTC.
Good luck everyone. :dust:

Hi ladies,

I am 30 (31 in Jan) and DH has recently turned 33. ahhh where has the time gone?? :shrug: I have been off BCP since the start of Feb but we didn't really start TTC until late June to give everything a chance to settle after 15yrs of BCP. So I guess that makes us Cycle #5 of TTC #1. Currently 7dpo with AF due around 25/11 and feeling pretty positive but I haven't tested yet and I am finding it is the testing and getting BFN that is really getting me down. Especially last month as I was a week late and kept getting BFNs. In the end I just wanted AF to arrive cause then we could start again.

GL everyone. :dust:

Can I join you ladies? Really feeling like I could use a friend today, who understands what it's like to be early 30s and trying for your first. Period started today, so I am officially at the beginning of cycle #6 and it is now officially taking us longer than average. I am 31, 32 in March, and my husband is 39. I am terrified of him turning 40 (in April), and that's not helping things either. I am trying to keep my emotions under control and stay positive but I am failing miserably at it. Yeah, just spent the last half an hour sobbing uncontrollably. I feel like we have been doing everything right - lots of sex at the right time (charting with OPK and BBT), I've been off birth control for 3 years (had an IUD for a while), I seem to be ovulating every month so why isn't this working?! Yeah it was dumb to expect it to happen right away but I never thought it would take this long, and I'm seriously worried that there's something wrong and that at my age I don't have enough time to sort it out. My doctor is wonderful, and sent me for blood tests this month - did the progesterone already and haven't heard so I guess it's ok, and I'll go for the day2-3 FSH test tomorrow. So I keep trying to tell myself that this is good, we're moving forward, getting more info. But I still have this panicky feeling. My husband doesn't get it, and he tries to be supportive but I also feel dumb when I am emotional, or when I say something like I want to try yoga for fertility and he laughs at me. Sometimes I feel really alone in this.
Sorry for the long rant. Thanks for starting this group Caroline.

Hi, piccolo! Girrrl; I feel what you're going through. I had three months out of the 16 where I just broke down. Nothing like feeling you have zero control over something, right? Quite humbling for a girl like me who tries to stay on top of everything and who works hard to achieve things.

You can't control this. I'm trying to let go over the next few months. I've entered cycle 17 and should be O-ing next week. So, yes, I am aware of when I will be ovulating, but I'm not going out of the way, over the next few months, to do anything "extra." I've gotten to the point where I'm okay with the knowledge that AF will visit in the next three weeks. I refuse to let this thing control me anymore.

Maybe me and hubby will do artificial insemination next year like the fertility doctor suggested...I don't know yet. Right now I know that I feel good about "not checking" for a little while. I "checked" for too many months now. Too many. Too much hurt. And nothing happened. But that's okay. I think it will. When? No clue. Will I be 32? 38? Who knows. But I'm okay with that. :coffee: I've finally reached a place of calm and I'm gonna try live a little outside of my ovulation-trying-to-make-a-baby box and, fingers crossed, a precious surprise will arrive to ruffle the still waters. :winkwink:

I wish you peace.

Nothing like feeling you have zero control over something, right? Quite humbling for a girl like me who tries to stay on top of everything and who works hard to achieve things.

You can't control this. I'm trying to let go over the next few months.

I think it is definately the lack of control that makes this so frustrating especially if you are doing everything you can to make it happen.

I really like your thoughts on this Soleil Breeze, about just letting it go and seeing where life ends up. I really hope it works for you as I know of other people that this has worked for, they decided not to focus on having a baby and just got on with living life and now have two beautiful girls.

Hope you are feeling more positive today Piccolo.

Thanks guys, feeling a bit better after a couple of really rough days. This month I will be travelling for two weeks and may even be away from my husband during the key days, so I am off the thermometer for now and not doing OPKs. No sense in obsessing this month when I won't be able to control the timing anyway. So we'll see if that will help me be less stressed about it, though I somehow doubt it. There is a gnawing ache that's there all the time now and all I can do is try to distract myself from it. I admire your attitude Soleil, I'm glad you have found that state of calm. I'll keep striving for it too.

Hi girls.. I know I have dissapeared, but I really didn't have much to say... till now...this weekend I was very sad because I got my DH semen analysis and was shocked by the results. I really never thought he could possibly have had a problem. He is and has always been SO healthy! All this time I've been thinking I was the problem...
He has low sperm count (17..and normal is to have at least 20) which I thought..."ok is not a big deal"... but I was actually reading about it and low sperm count lowers your chances big time!!! anyway I thought "ok maybe we are those couples that have to try for a little over a year" but then! I saw his morphology analysis and I was devastated.. he had only 1% normal!!!! (you should have at least 14 normal).. I read that it is fine to have many abnormal sperms but those shouldnt be more than 86%..well he has 99%.. so with this and with his low count.. no wonder it's taking so long!!

I am in my 5th cycle now, and I am starting to feel that it will NEVER happen!!! I feel a bit better to know that tomorrow is my appointment with my doctor, she will read and explain the results to me.. but I already read them, and I dont need someone to explain to me what that means... I already know there is a problem!! :( (my husband keeps telling me "let's wait to see waht the doctor says, dont worry baby" :growlmad: ahh I am so mad at him right now..but I know is not his fault :()

I try to make myself feel better by thinking that it was good that I started testing early, and not waiting for a year to do so... but still I feel my time is ticking and that I am running out of time!! :(

I'm hoping to get good suggestions from her, and know what the next step will be...I read he should start taking some supplements... but want to make sure which ones exactly... I will update my journal with the specific info my doctor gives me... maybe your DH has this problem and you girls don't even know it :( so it wont hurt if they start taking vitamins and supplemts just in case... it will only do good and won't harm them in any way!

So sorry to hear this arianne! Huge hugs. At least now you know, and with that knowledge you can now move forward. There are so many couples with "unexplained infertility" and at least now you know what the problem is and can address it. Instead of thinking of it as bad news think of it as taking one step closer to getting your little one. You just may have to take a different path to get there. But I know it will happen for you, and like you say you are lucky to find this out after just 4 cycles. I'm sure your husband is really hurting too, so it's good that he's staying positive. Good luck with the doctor tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.

Thank you very much for your words piccolo!!! I will let you know what the doc says tomorrow... I hope I still have some chances given the facts...

How long have you been trying?

I just read in the other post I started that you are entering your 5th cycle as well!!
Good luck!! which CD are you on at the moment?

Sorry to hear that Arianne! :( I agree with Piccolo. At least you know and hopefully the doctors can talk to you about your options. I'm glad that you got checked out early instead of finding that out after a year! Keep us updated on the doc. And try not to be too hard on DH, I can't imagine how horrible he must feel to know that something is "wrong" with him. Hopefully you'll get a new plan soon!

AFM, I am 12dpo and got a BFN this morning. AF should come today. I know this is only my first cycle after my MC and I shouldn't have expected to get pg right away, but I still just feel so sad today. I know I should stop thinking about how far along I should be right now (26 weeks this week :cry:) but I just want the joy that I had last summer back. I guess there's nothing to do about it so I shouldn't stress about it, so on to next cyle....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->