Early 30's TTC #1

Hi, i saw this thread mentioned on another post & as i'm an early-30s, i thought i'd have a read. I'm 31, my OH is 33 & i came off BCP in Feb. We were NTNP until June & since then we've been actively TTC. Whilst my cycles appear every month, they're ranging between 24-35 days & there's no defo pattern. Coupled with that, over the past 6 months i've started getting the most lovely spots!!! I've got a Doc's appointment booked for Friday & i'm hoping that they'll start running some tests as things don't seem 'normal'. As i'm creeping up to the year mark, i'm hoping he/she will do/sort something in the hope that my BFP will come sooner.

It looks like we're all hoping for BFPs so fingers Xd! x

Hi Holpop. Good luck with your appt on Friday.

BFN for me so onto cycle 6. Going to try charting properly and see if that makes a difference. I feel a bit better after talking to one of the other staff at work and she was saying it took around 5-6months for her when she was trying for her first. Will just have to wait and see. In the meantime, Christmas is on its way :happydance: so lots of other things to hopefully keep me occupied.

Hello, ladies - and welcome to finallyready! :flower:

I find it hard to keep track of who says what with the way the messages are set up...Was it MJsMouse? hopefulmama2b? who asked about Thanksgiving? Anyway, apologies, but it was just the Thursday we had off officially, but hubby had the Friday, too. So that was great! Would have been better if I had known when I had ovulated...Since I decided not to OPK this month, I'm a bit in the dark as to when it happened, assuming it has. I came off the pill last year May and for the past three months I have finally established some sort of "schedule," ovulating on CD 17. Then this month comes along...and nothing on CD 17...my temp was 97.4 on Saturday (CD 19), which is the dip that I usually get before I ovulate. So I think I ovulated yesterday. Not sure though.

This might weird some of you out, but I wish my darn CM would tie in better with when I ovulate. I feel like the day before and of ovulation the CM is barely there, but about four days before there is lots of it. Sigh. I'm still not normalized. So, if it was finallyready who commented about not having a normal period yet, don't worry about it. Since I came off the pill I spot three days before my period and, as you can tell, my ovulation is not "spot on" yet. For some reason, some of us take a while to get straight (I was on the pill for thirteen years).

Anyway, the 2WW has begun; just don't know when exactly it started. Strangely, I ovulated from the exact same ovary this month (I can always tell). Maybe the universe wants to give that ovary another shot for some reason? :?:

Peace and Christmas BFP's to all!

Yeah i also forget who says what, andget mixed up haha

Im supposed to get af this friday and im getting panicky already... i will be starting my 6th cycle, and terrified by the thought that i have been trying for half a year with no luck :(

Girls quick question. How is your ttc strategy? Do you wait till you get your positive from an ov test, or do it anyway every day - or every other day- around your fertile time?
The first 3 months i was doing my ov test but was trying anyway before getting a + just in case. So now i think i prefer to just wait till the day i get a + to try, especially since i know that dh has low count. But find it hard to do that since i also dont want him to go for more than 3 days around my fertile time without ejaculating, as i read its good for improving quality...

I have never done the thermometer thing... How is that different from an ov test? I always thought that the ov tests results are more accurate... and easier! But wondering if i should start charting...

Hi girls.... Well, even as I'm writing this I can't believe it but... I got my :bfp:!!!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee:
As I mentioned, our friends came over from Dublin Friday morning to stay for the weekend, so I tested thursday am (12DPO), just to see if I could have a drink with them, lol... and OMG, I got a faint line on IC and FRER!!!! They went home yesterday so I tested again this morning (17DPO) and got a nice dark line on FRER - about the same as control line, and 2-3 weeks on clearblue digi!!! :happydance:
Honestly though, it really hasn't sunk in and I still can't believe it's real!!!! :wacko: I'd just got into my head that I'd probably be here quite a while longer, and there it was!!!! :dohh:
So I'm thinking, maybe I've started a lucky thread here?!?!? I'd been planning to do it for ages, but just never got round to it... then as soon as I do, wham, :bfp:!!!!! Soooo, fingers crossed there will be plenty more of you girls joining me in first tri soon... :hugs: I'm gonna keep hanging round here for a bit too as I've enjoyed getting to know you girls and I'd like to take some of you with me!!!! Babydust and best of luck to all :dust:

OMG! Carolineeee!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you girl!!! :wohoo: I can't imagine your face when you saw your BFP!:haha:
That is great news!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

so tell us, did you do something different this month? how many times did you try around your fertile time?

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!! really happy for you.... wish you the best, and hope your pregnancy is an easy, healthy and happy one!:kiss:

Soleil: I hope your 2ww flies by and you get your BFP this month!!

Holpop: Welcome!!!

Arienne: This is what I do (although this is only my second month after mc) I'm trying to do it every other day starting on CD10 until I get a pos. opk and then the day of the positive and the next 2 days. Problem is DH sex drive and mine don't always jive so in a perfect world that's what I'd do. We'll see how it goes. It's CD8 for me now. The month I got my BFP was only the second month trying (first month using opk) and we BD on CD 10 and 12 and I O'd on cd 13. That did the trick!

Caroline: YAYYYYYY.....I was responding to the other ladies and didn't finish reading yet!!! Congratulations!!!! :happydance: I think this is a lucky thread. Already 3 BFP is such a short time!!!

WhooHOOOO!!!! Us early 30-somethings are ON A ROLLL!!!!!!

thanks hopefulmama, so you try every other day starting on CD10, but then when you get your positive, lets say on the day 13, you try again? so that means, two days in a row? and then the next two days as well? (so 4 consecutive days?)

I was trying to do that a couple of cycles ago... start CD10 every other day until a positive ov test, but I would always get a positive right after I tried, so I felt that I shouldnt try everyday as the count isnt supposed to be as great as if you try every other day.... anyway... i think im getting too concerned about it:wacko: ... it is just that I want to try something different, and I have never made it so that I do it the day of my positive test without trying a day prior... but I think this next month I'll start on CD8 every other day until CD12 and then stop and wait till a positive.... mmmm

YES I HOPE THIS IS THE LUCKY THREAD!!!!:bunny:

Thank you!

I'm struggling to remember who has said which bits but I'll have a go:

Caroline - your BFP news is fantastic - congratulations!

Soleil Breeze - I was on the pill for years too & I'm finding the whole getting things regular & then things playing tricks v frustrating! I'm just keeping my fingers Xd that I'll get lucky soon.

MsJMouse - my sister keeps telling me that it took all of her friends close to a year to get their BFPs so there's defo hope. I think you're right in being occupied over Christmas though - that's my plan!

Arianne - as far as my strategy goes, I tried the smiley face things but ran out of sticks the first month before I saw a smile. I gave up on them thinking they'd be too pricey & now we just start BDing from about CD10 until about CD20 (every couple of days). I thought it was the best option in trying to cover all possible days. We haven't been lucky yet but we aren't giving up.

hopefulmama2b - i've got my fingers Xd for you!

The 30-somethings are defo on a roll & i'm wishing everyone lots of Christmas BDing BFPs!!! x

Ya, so this month if I get a pos on 14 again it would be 10, 12, 14, 15, 16. But honestly that's in a perfect world. My dh works crazy hours so it's not always possible. Some days when I work 8-5 he works 6- 2 am. That will fall on cd 10 and 15, 16 so not sure how that will work. In the past I have tried to come home during lunch for a quickie, but that of course doesn't always work out because I can't count on getting a lunch. Like I said when we got a BFP we only DTD on CD 10, 12, and 15 that week and I O'd on 13 so I'm assuming the 15 was too late so it was the 10 or 12 that did the job. So that's only 2 times. It doesn't take much I don't think if it is going to happen. Especially if your dh has a low count just do it every other day around that time. I read the 3 days before and the day of O are the most important so my goal ultimately is to get 2 of the 4 good days.

BTW...my dh would never go for 4 consecutive days so like I said that's my goal, but I try not to make him feel like a piece of meat. :)

Holpop: I get my opks online and they were like $8 for 40 plus 10 HPT tests. I think they're considerably cheaper than the digi ones.

Hi Holpop!! interesting... that is why I was doing on my 4th and 5th cycle... thought that if I start trying anyway on CD10, then knowing when I get the positive ov test wont help, because if I had tried CD10, CD12, and then get a positive on CD13, then I felt I didnt want to try two days in a row, so would wait till next morning (1.5 days) but anyway... I thought if I do it every two days around fertile time I will cover it.... the only thing is that I always stop trying on CD14:huh: I have never tried after that... well maybe on CD20 or so, but just for the fun and not really for ttc... so maybe I should prolong it to CD18 at least

This last cycle I only tried on CD11 and CD13 :( so I really hope I covered my fertile time[-o<

Hey hopefulmama what is the name of your opks? I was using the first response ones... but they are expensive... 50$ for a box of 7:|

which site do you order them from? I wonder if they ship to canada...

I got them off of ebay and I just checked and it said USA only, but I wonder if you searched on there if you could find a similar one that ships to Canada. There are so many different people selling them for super cheap. The brand I have been using is Wondfo and it's been great.

$50 for 7?!? Definitely look on eBay. I'd be broke with how many I pee on. Haha. I start early on CD 7 or 8 just because I feel like I'm doing SOMETHING instead of just waiting around.

Here's one. It's a little more expensive for less, but free shipping to Canada. Also it doesn't specify brand like some, but it's worth a shot for $10.
https://cgi.ebay.com/20-Ovulation-5...964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2c5907e654

Hey girls, thanks for all the congrats... I just need you guys to get your bfp's too and come over to first tri with me!!!! :hugs:

So, I see there's been a lot of discussion on when to bd, etc... well, in previous months we'd done it every day or every other day up to and around Ov... but this month, Ov came early and totally took me by suprise!!!! So we didn't manage to BD any of the days leading up to OV, only on the day itself (and the day after, but it's unlikely that did it)!!!! I'd have never planned to only do it once, but hey, it clearly worked, so maybe it's something for you guys to consider!??!? I've left the link to my chart on my signature, so feel free to have a look!!!!

arrianne, you asked whether we did anything different this time... well, other than the lack of BD... hmmmm... well, I've always been drinking grapefruit juice, but then this month I read that drinking it after Ov can cause miscarriage, so this month I stopped drinking it after I Ov'd... Can't really think of anything different right now... but will let you all know if I think of anything!!!!

Congrats girlie! i have to say i find your bbt chart reassuring...i've been worrying that my body temperature is too low (36.1 or so before O and only in the 36.4 to 36.7 range after O). i suppose it doesn't really matter after all...

Arianne - try "make a baby . ca" (it won't let me post the link on here) for OV and PT tests! I just ordered some from there last night...says it comes via Canada Post and shipping is only $2.95 anywhere in Canada! Way cheaper then buying them at the store.

Caroline - CONGRATS TO YOU! :happydance: I saw you post your BFP in the 'went off BC thread'! I am very happy for you :) do you think you'll tell your immediate family the good news at Christmas???

I'm hoping/praying I get really lucky and magically get a BFP very soon! I think AF is due on Sunday. I will test once the ones I ordered in the mail come in. I'm trying hard not to run to the store and buy a First Response! (at almost $30 a pop it adds up!).

Last month I almost went to a Chinese Medicine Dr. I canceled the appt the day before because I got AF. However, if I get BFN this month or AF doesn't come then I think I might call and re-set up that appt. Maybe she can get me on some Chinese Medicine herbs to help me OV. Anybody else try Chinese Medicine? A girl I know tried it and it helped her.

I am very hopeful I am OV'ing or at least my body is starting to come around because I went on BC as a teen to help with my Acne. While on BC I only broke out once a month during AF. When I went off BC in July I just assumed I would break out however, since July my face has been very clear! However, just this past 4 weeks I started to break out all of a sudden. I am hoping this means my hormones are getting back on track and therefore this is a good thing! (Although I don't like that I'm breaking out LOL).

Time shall tell! Good Luck to all you beautiful ladies that are still in it this cycle!
:dust: FAIRY DUST TO ALL! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->