Early....but low beta

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
So, #2 is quite different than DS last year. With DS....the Dr says "blood work says yes, come in 2 weeks for an ultrasound". This time...."so your HCG is 23, so we'd like to run it again tomorrow. If your period comes thud weekend, we will know. We will just go slow for the next few weeks. Might be a chemical might not "

Gulp

So, any experience or advise is welcomed. I feel the same as I did with DS...nauseous with a migraine. :hugs: I'm 11dpo as of today. Had blood work done yesterday.

I shared on another post but I had a very similar thing happen to me this pregnancy. I had blood drawn for about 2 weeks this pregnancy. First draw was 24. Nurse told me to expect to miscarry based on lmp. 8 blood draws later all 24 hours apart (with spotting off and on too) and all looked great. Last week I saw a heartbeat at 7w3d. And now I'm 8w4d. It's very possible you are super early. Your next blood work should give you a pretty good idea of what's going on.

Thanks for sharing. I get off the phone with the Dr just feeling....alone (family alqays says youll be fine) and confused....I know she can't tell me the future or promises. Your story gives me hope! Keep me updated!

Levels have to start somewhere. 11dpo is really early, I still had negative blood tests at 13dpo. My levels were only in the twenties at 18dpo. Doctors always scare ladies by doing this, if you look back at older posts there's so many ladies who have been told the same as you only to go on and have perfectly healthy pregnancies. Makes my blood boil that doctors still scare ladies like this, I mean early pregnancy is scary enough already. The truth is one number can't tell you anything, it's how that number climbs that's important. As long as your bfp was fairly recently and your number doubles within 48/72 hours then all is good. Really hope your next blood test goes well, good luck.

If you think about it, frer are 25 miu. So 23 wouldn't be an unreasonable hug level this early. Your test line might not even be as dark as the control line this early on! I wouldn't stress about it and just try to enjoy the fact that you are pregnant!

Thank you maryanne....couldn't agree more! If it's meant to be....it's meant to be. I just like understanding what's going on etc.

Ruby....today I am pregnant....tomorrow is a whole new day....but today I am! Wish the Dr's spoke like you ladies...calming!

My HCG was only 664 at 4w6d. I highly doubt it was much higher than yours at 11DPO. I was still getting squinters at that point!

I would try to stay optimistic. It's really so early and a single value can't tell you much. It's all about doubling. Wishing you lots of luck . <3

My hcg was 11 at 3 week 5 days. My baby is 10 weeks.old tomorrow! Good luck!

Thanks for sharing. I get off the phone with the Dr just feeling....alone (family alqays says youll be fine) and confused....I know she can't tell me the future or promises. Your story gives me hope! Keep me updated!

I'm feeling ya! My family dr told me my levels were only 38 and that I was "barely pregnant" and that it wasn't promising. I called an old OB I didn't used to like and cried on the phone to the nurse, and although she couldn't promise me things would be ok, she said it's a possibility and made me feel less alone.

Thank you maryanne....couldn't agree more! If it's meant to be....it's meant to be. I just like understanding what's going on etc.

Ruby....today I am pregnant....tomorrow is a whole new day....but today I am! Wish the Dr's spoke like you ladies...calming!

I wish I could take your stand point! Today I've been a wreck of emotions, but as you say, today I'm pregnant. One day at a time.

My hcg was 11 at 3 week 5 days. My baby is 10 weeks.old tomorrow! Good luck!

That's very encouraging!

Like the other ladies said hcg starts somewhere. I think at 16-17 dpo I got 150 hcg...heading into my third tri

Thank you ladies for all your stories. I feel better!! My temp is still high...no AF....FRER says 2 lines....today I am pregnant!

The EPT...blue cross hair + sign one is not my friend. Can barely see anything on there.

Blood work at 8am....guess I'll hear next week. Make my weekend longer!

Once things get rolling, I know I'll be at the Dr's once a week since I'm AMA. Old lady syndrome...lol, I tell ya! But thinking positively....I'm 3 weeks today, I get to find out gender in 7 more weeks! Bonus!

11 dpo is very early. Mine this time was only 51 at 16dpo so probably less than 23 at 11 dpo based on my doubling time (about 30 hours). Good luck!!

I'm sitting here waiting for my blood draw...come on double numbers! Feels like a game show. Course no results until next week:dohh:

Mine first beta with this pregnancy was 51 @ 11dpo then 184 @ 13 dpo.

Praying for doubled numbers!

I'm sitting here waiting for my blood draw...come on double numbers! Feels like a game show. Course no results until next week:dohh:

We're both waiting for results this weekend. Praying we both have great numbers come Monday.

My beta at 10 DPO was 37 and 2.5 days later it was 217. All that matters is that it's doubling. I'm not sure why your doctor would've said that, it's still SO early :(

Fingers crossed for great 2nd beta numbers!

Mine at 10DPO was 2.9 (FRER and Wondfo picked up on it too!!) and at 12DPO 18.3

It picked up fast though...
16dpo 175.4, 18dpo 430, 20dpo 1224
23dpo 4347, 25dpo 12323
And we saw a heartbeat yesterday :)

Mrs Dragonfly - let me know!
Tweak0605 - thank you....my HPT line was darker today
Nicoleoleole - awwww.....love the first time you see that!

I agree with PP, numbers have to start somewhere. I know I responded to your other thread. At 9dpo I was at 24 and at 14dpo I was at 203. At 6+6 we saw a strong heartbeat and now she's a little over two weeks old. When the nurse called on the morning of 14dpo she asked me if I was already spotting. Sometimes they don't have the beast bedside manner... I'm sorry you're in this position but I believe all is going to be well with your bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->