Early chromosome tests - UK?

viccat

Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me sneaking into 1st trimester, but I am trying to find out some information about chromosome testing.

We already have one little boy, and I would love him to have a sibling. However OH doesn't want to try again because we had a high probability of down syndrome last time. We did an amniocentesis last time - which luckily was clear.

If I manage to persuade him to try again, I would like to do chromosome testing much earlier than you can do it with amnio. I know there are blood tests you can do, but they're not offered on the NHS. Has anyone done these in the UK - how do you arrange it, and how early can they be done?

Thanks! :flower:

Harmony blood tests are expensive but worth it ranging from £400 upwards. Google it and it should come up with clinics near you that do it. I went to Harley St. London for mine at 11 weeks they scan you first to make sure pregnancy still there then blood test is done. Good luck x

They do them from 9 weeks I think. Try 'this is my' clinic. A few around the UK.

Thanks ladies - I managed to find out my NHS hospital is now offering the test, at a cost of £450 and from 10 weeks. I wish I had done this last time!

Now all I have to do is persuade OH that he can cope with the stress, oh and manage to conceive naturally again.... :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->