Early Gender Scan

lindsayms05

Reaction score
Hi ladies....with my daughter, we had a private gender scan done right at 16 weeks. With this pregnancy, we will be out of town on a mini vacation at 15w4d and I'm thinking about trying to find out the gender while we are on our trip. One ultrasound place said they would not attempt gender until 16+ weeks. Another ultrasound place claims to do gender scans starting at 14 weeks. I know that it's very situational and it's up to the baby to cooperate during the scan...but do you think it's okay to try at 15w4d? I am slightly plus size as well.

I had a gender scan last time at 13+5 and he was very obviously a boy so I'd go for it

I was told girl at 12+4 and 12+5 Both times with my girls and had it confirmed at 14+5 with one and 14+3 with the other ... I'd totally go!!

I had one at 15 plus 4 with last pregnancy and was told boy, they was definitly right :)

I had a gender scan at 14 weeks with my last pregnancy when we found out she was clearly a "she" lol. I'm sure by 15w4d you will be far enough along to tell, as long as baby cooperates. Typically at private ultrasounds they don't measure the baby so I also think that you could pass as 16 weeks ;)

I would wait personally. No sense spending all that money to not get a conclusive answer if that's what you want. The early scans aren't always super accurate anyway. I would just rather wait until I could get an answer you feel like you could trust, especially if you only have to wait an extra week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->