Early January Mum's

mommyk! I can't believe you have your date! How exciting! I should be getting mine tomorrow! EEK! I can't decide if I would prefer baby to come before or after Christmas (not that I really have a choice). If s/he comes before, I'll probably be in the hospital during Christmas, and I don't like that idea. Although, it would be cool to have him/her here to celebrate it! Of course, we don't have anything bought for baby's first Christmas (no gifts, no "my first Christmas" things), so maybe after is better! LOL

This is a hard time of year to have a baby, huh!? :rofl:

mumbaron, sorry to hear you are in pain. What does your Dr say?

Nothing really they just come round and "talk" it's crap
:(
xx

I would prefer it after, so i can be home for my DD for xmas day and i dont want this baby to have the same bday as me, since im dec 22!
We werent buying any xmas stuff for him as he should be here after and even if he was here before he would only be a few days old or something.

its not the best time to have a baby but ive had alot of ppl tell me "bad timing" but for me its not! I would rather have a very close to xmas baby over a baby close to my DD bday in may! That way may will be my DD special day still!! Im happy with it either way.

Mummybaron, so sorry that your in that much pain. Hope it gets better very soon. :hugs:

I already have a 28th december birthday (daughter will be 18) and a 5th January birthday (son will be 13). When people comment about "bad timing" I just joke that hubby refused to buy me a chocolate egg for easter and gave me a fertilised one instead hahaha.

:hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a hard time mummyBaron :(. My pregnancy with my last daughter (now 10) was like that too - I had horrendous SPD and ended up hospitalised from 30 weeks (i'd gone into premature labour due to very low amniotic fluid). They decided to induce me at 35 weeks as they weren't able to control the pain with medication and i was unable to move from the bed. You have my sympathies huni - it took me years to pluck up the courage to try for another baby.

:hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a hard time mummyBaron :(. My pregnancy with my last daughter (now 10) was like that too - I had horrendous SPD and ended up hospitalised from 30 weeks (i'd gone into premature labour due to very low amniotic fluid). They decided to induce me at 35 weeks as they weren't able to control the pain with medication and i was unable to move from the bed. You have my sympathies huni - it took me years to pluck up the courage to try for another baby.

Thank you!
Yes I know the SPD can't bloody walk, feel like my hips are broken and an elephant has squashed the muscle in my legs to mush then on top the arthritis in my knee's is getting worse (usually does in Winter but this is ridiculous) and my back is killing me. They are already giving my an early c-section (38weeks3days) due to mental health grounds that I can't have an operation later due to my dad being away and him being my only family if it goes wrong & the medical reasons.. The UK don't seem to take extreame pain into consideration to let baby come pre term but I really can't carry on anymore I am completely useless to everybody and it is ruining the relationship between my oh and son. Not to mention driving me to the brink of insanity! :cry:
Everyone keeps assuring me it will be over before I know but 5 weeks and 2 days feels like forever.
I'm really debating going to a&e and refusing to leave until they make the pain go away (but even pre pregnancy I was on every type of pain killer and nothing did take it away)

So sorry about how horrible your last pregnancy was, no wonder you took such a long break out. I really don't blame you for having an induction at 35 weeks, everyone looks at me like i'm a child murderer when I say I would have the baby now if I could. I just don't feel like she is getting what she would out of a incubator from me because of how I am feeling/eating/sleeping ect. Doesn't help that I'm measuring 2 weeks over on top so she's a hefalump as it is, she does not stop moving and I feel like if she gets bigger she is going to break my ribs or my back.

Thanks for understanding :hugs:

They only really induced me at 35 weeks due to the fluid levels around the baby (turned out to be a combination of fetal kidney problems and placental problems), i'd already had steroids to mature her lungs at 30 weeks when i went into preterm labour so we knew her lungs were strong enough at 35 weeks to cope with minimal help. Pain levels were taken into account but i'm pretty sure they would've let me go to term if it hadn't been for the other complications. Induction at 35 weeks is no walk in the park ... the body is violently forced into something it's just not ready for, They tried to induce me for 5 days before succeeding and I ended up with a PPH of nearly 3 litres following a ventouse delivery (daughter was born back to back) and was very ill for a week after. I very nearly ended up in theatre having a hysterectomy due to bleeding and i spent 4 days having transfusion after transfusion. If i could do it all again, id have demanded a c-section rather than induction again.

Thinking of you

That's what I mean they have no understanding of how awful it is to be in such pain in pregnancy and theres nothing that can be done but "wait, it's only a few weeks now" the most annoying and uncomferting thing to be told ever!
I'm having a c-section due to my back being so bad, I don't dare do a natural as I caused more damage with my first.
So sorry for your experience, must of been awful hope the (not so) little one is okay now
xx

Hows everyone doing? Are we all starting to get ready for our bumps?
I'm finally feeling slightly organised only got a few little bits left to get :)
I had mw yesterday and the homebirth is all set to go. Get the medical box delivered at 38 weeks. Mw is fairly confident I will labour early and Iv started losing my mucus plug today which happened with dd and she was 2 weeks early, just not Christmas day please lol

That's great news Rockell! I'm planning a homebirth too and it's been agreed by my midwife and consultant in theory - it now depends on growth scans and AFI measurements (due to problems with my previous pregnancy) .... and of course whether Fidget decides to flip into the "dive" position.

I've got my 32 week growth scan in 40 minutes and my next at 36 weeks so I'll have a better idea this afternoon :)

I'm feeling pretty unprepared still! Mind you, I've got an empty room and the old bathroom suite sitting on my drive lol ... Can't wait until the bathrooms are finished and I can get back to "nesting" lol

Quick update! Scan went well, lil man has turned head down with his back along my left side (woooohooooo!) .... He's weighing in at 4lb 11oz

Great news, chatty! I'll be getting my csection date this afternoon. A little scary because that makes it real!

DH set up the bassinet in the living room last night. It's also a changing table, so that's what we'll have for napping and changing downstairs.

https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/duckytwins/C4F98576-576D-4938-AF4C-BBC011D52D6A-6692-00000BADAB64A87C.jpg

Great news, chatty! I'll be getting my csection date this afternoon. A little scary because that makes it real!

DH set up the bassinet in the living room last night. It's also a changing table, so that's what we'll have for napping and changing downstairs.

https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/duckytwins/C4F98576-576D-4938-AF4C-BBC011D52D6A-6692-00000BADAB64A87C.jpg
Very cute!

I went to the dr today and got New Year's Eve. I am crushed. :cry:

Yes, because it's New Year's Eve. I don't want my baby to have their birthday on a holiday.

Ladies can I have your honest opinion.
We are torn as to whether or not to let our 5yo dd be present at the birth, she was there for ds labour but only as it was so quick, and was taken out the room just as he was born. My and dh feel she would love seeing her baby brother born and has wanted to be a midwife since she was 3. However my sister is going nuts about us even thinking about it.
What do you think?

I dont see why not, if you go look int he natural birthing section a lot of people who birth at home have their children present!

Its not your sisters choice, its yours, what i would recommend is having someone else there that can take her out the room should it be too over whelming for her and so that you arent left alone. Only YOU know how well she may cope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->