Early January Mum's

Personally for me, I wouldn't want my ds in the room. For one thing, I wouldn't want him seeing me in that much pain, it would just scare him. And secondly I've learnt over the years that he can't actually handle as much as I think he can or that he thought he could if that makes sense?

Morning peeps,

Apologies for being AWOL. Need to do a MAMMOTH catch up :dohh:

Rockelle - It is TOTALLY up to you. Only you know what your DD can cope with and if you feel its right then thats your decision. No-one elses xxx It doesnt matter what your sister thinks!

Ducky - Do you have to have that date? Can you not change it? Love the Bassinet! xxx

Chatty - Hope that the rennovations are going well and to schedule. What has DH said about your pram accessorizing? :haha:

ChristiansMum - Sending loads of tummy turning vibes to you!

MommyM - Awww cute outfits :thumbup:

Mummy B - How are you feeling? Any better?

Hope all the other ladies are doing ok xxx

Hehehehehe he doesn't know about the accessories yet! The good thing about house renovations is that deliveries arrive all the time... I just mention that its something for the bathroom instead of illicit Internet shopping packages lol.

Renovations are going well! Apart from yesterday when I warned my 17yr old NOT to touch the taps/shower as the water had been turned off at the mains. The water was turned back on an hour later after DD had left for college. An hour after that, we noticed puddles appearing in the downstairs bathroom floor. DD had turned on the taps in her ensuite, forgetting the water was off and forgot to close the taps again ... and flooded her bathroom, which then came through the floor and ceilings of the 2 floors below :(. All 3 floors flooded. Luckily the damage is contained to the two bathrooms under her ensuite that are being renovated so no real damage done. The stress was enough to send a girl into labour tho!!!

Chatty - Oh no!!! What a mess! I would have been pretty mad too. Fab news packages disguise ;)

AFM - No house news... so not sure whats happening. Im desperately hoping we dont have to find a new mortgage. Tomorrow we're going shopping to get some more xmas pressies and more things for my hospital bag. 11 days left until maternity leave!! :yipee:

Sam, it was the only date they had. I asked if there was anything else and she even went out past my due date (no thank you) and said there was nothing. I can't go to another hospital because my Dr only has priveledges at one other hospital ONLY if baby comes before 32 weeks.

The only way to get another date is if Boop decides to come on his/her own earlier. And then I would get whatever Dr is available.

Oh no ducky I am so sorry, maybe someone else will cancel (due to labouring early) and their date will become available have you asked about that?

Nope not feeling any better consultant again on Wednesday I just no I'm going to break down and beg her to get baba out now, even though I know it's not an option and baby needs to brew up for more time I still don't feel able to carry onn :( *BAD MUMMY MOMENT*

Really hope your house situation gets resolved soon Sambatiki? xx

Ducky - Thats a good idea of MummyB's ask for a cancellation or change. Might mean you have to go short notice but might be better than NYE xxx

Mrs B - You really dont want baby to come yet hun... its far too early :hugs: Hope you start to feel better soon xxx

I know I know but i'm just at the end of my rope with it and nothings helping hoping they'll do something for me soon can't go on... And yes Ducky get on the phone and blagg them till they agree to give it you!!

To the lady who was asking about have DD in the room when she labours, from what I've read your daughter will be about 14/15 years old? I think that's old enough and she knows what to expect she has experienced it before. If you feel comfortable and your daughter is happy with the decision then i'd go for it!

xx

Mummybaron, if your talking about the post on the last page, the dd is 5 years

Oh good god I think I need to lie down in a dark room this baby brain is ridiculous! lol

xx

my toddler came running in naked this morning and then peed on our bed....guess it was time to get up *yawn*

its ok girls i giggled at it a lot too, hes going through a naked stage right now, the moment you take your eyes off him hes suddenly starkers! I think hes beata record somewhere for stripping the fastest!

gonna have to start duct-taping his clothes on

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I got to celebrate my birthday last night and today!!

Ducky - https://forum.xcitefun.net/files/happy_birthday1_127.png Hope you have a fab day!!

Mommy M - Happy belated 33 weeks! xxx

Pepsi - :haha: Typical boy!

AFM - Got a lovely cold so was up half the night as I couldnt breathe, taken today off though. Going to see Twilight tonight too can't wait!!! :yipee:

Hey ladies,

Happy birthday Ducky!! Have you enjoyed yourself?

Sambatiki - I do not blame you some of the virus's and colds going around the UK atm are bloody awful! My little boy is very healthy but has one weakness, evil dreaded VIRUS's. Every time he gets one, his cough develops into croupe and eventually for an 'unknown' reason he stops breathing all together. Poor little mite has started with a cold which has got a very chesty cough, so last night I was up all night watching him breathing just be to safe, he's woke up with a very chesty cough but no other symptoms like a temp or anything as of yet so hopefully it is not another virus but just a cold. (January we had to go to a&e via blue lights after my partner very luckily popped his head round the door to find William blue and had to use resuscitation, infuriating as once he's breathing again the doctors just shrug it off give him calpol and send him home) Maybe he has asthma I dunno...

Well today is the first day of doubling up my morphine from 10mg every 12 hours (controlled release) to 20mg every 12 hours. Had to have baby monitored on Friday evening as her movements have decreased since Monday when I first started, they said her heart rate is absolutely fine and she is still making little movements are they are not at all concerned. Even so I do not feel comfortable moving from the tablets to the patches (twice as strong) next week as advised without some form of regular monitoring for baby. The 10's haven't helped at all so hoping these 20's have an effect, if not they'll be stopped.

How is everyone know were getting closer to DueDates *wooooooopppp!!*?
xx

Mrs B - Whats a due date :ignore: :ignore: :haha: Im holding off as long as I can! Im going to talk to my MW about her letting me go on until 43 weeks if possible. I hope that the morphine does the trick and pleased that baby is doing well. That must have been awful with William I cant imagine how scary that must have been for you.

It is scary afterwards while it's happening your body goes into auto pilot and you really do have to trust your instincts.

I had these questions for my midwife if my first went over, she said that if I really didn't want the induction on the 12th day they would let me go over and go natural if I would be monitored regularly and baby and me were both happy and healthy if that helps?

(I wanted a home birth as hated hospitals, by the time I was 12 days over due I just wanted to meet my baby and caved and had the induction so they will let you if you baby is comfy enough lol!)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->