Early January Mum's

JCh - the belly button thing made me laugh!

My step sister has found out she is Strep B pos, I think they found out by her pee (my dad told me on the phone) shes about 3 weeks behind me. It got me thinking as I had the test to do so I sent it off and its come back positive.

Got my 38wk MW appointment on xmas eve, hope she isnt going to moan about it as I never mentioned it to her that I was going to test for it.
Not sure if I should be really worried as there is nothing I can really do about it?

I am also having a hard time sleeping :( it is really getting to me as I'm so tired all the time. I still have an innie :) but mine didn't pop at all with my son it is starting to this time however :)

JCh - the belly button thing made me laugh!

My step sister has found out she is Strep B pos, I think they found out by her pee (my dad told me on the phone) shes about 3 weeks behind me. It got me thinking as I had the test to do so I sent it off and its come back positive.

Got my 38wk MW appointment on xmas eve, hope she isnt going to moan about it as I never mentioned it to her that I was going to test for it.
Not sure if I should be really worried as there is nothing I can really do about it?

if your positive you'll need to be given anti-biotics during labour. strep b is tested for in the US as standard procedure in pregnancy, I dont know why it isnt in the UK, becaus the effects on the baby if your positive can be fatal :nope:

Happy 38weeks to my due date buddies.

I still have a innie belly button iv never popped out in my pregnancies. Well I lost a lot of plug again this morning I got all excited :haha: feeling abit crampy but probably over thinking things. Still waiting for my homebirth lot to arrive think my me has forgotten bless her. What's the bet ill jump in the bath and she will arrive .

I've got an "innie" too - mine has never popped out, just gradually flattens but doesn't pop out.

My canisters turned up today - along with a massive holdall for the MWs kit. My face fell as the guy walked up to the front door with two teeny tiny canisters ... I said "you gotta be kidding! Is there any more G&A???" He's obviously heard it before as he started laughing then collected two more large canisters and a trolley from the van. PHEW!!!!

I slept like a baby last night after a horrible yucky sofa day yesterday - feeling MUCH better now. MW appt was fine this morning, baby still not engaged but that's pretty normal and probably won't engage until labour. BP was the usual 120/60, urine was fine, fetal heart was fine this week.

It's really just a waiting game now!! Can't believe that I'll have to share my lil man with everyone else within weeks :(. I'm going to really miss being pregnant.

I can't wait to hear about more arrivals! What an exciting time!! Christian is a week old today! How did that happen??? It dies feel like forever ago I was pregnant though, but he needs to stop getting so big so fast!!

Can't believe Christian is a week old already!

My belly button is still an innie too, although it does this weird pushing out thing when I cough!

I think I'll miss being pregnant too! Although, it will be nice to be 'normal' again in terms of sleeping positions and walking properly! But I can imagine that it is strange to not be pregnant after 9 months.

Just seen the midwife and baby is 3/5ths, so getting there! Does anyone else find themselves feeling really proud of their little ones for doing things right (ie going head down, engaging, growing each week...) I can only imagine what a stupidly proud Mum I'm going to be once this little one is here and actually doing things for real! Te he x

Mine isn't engaged so no proudness here lol, only 1/5th in pelvis. And back to back to boot!

I seriously cannot wait to sleep in my tummy/ back or HOWEVER once baby is out - I think people seriously take it for granted! Also, tired of being called a penguin for waddling... :( LOL

I'm hoping they check if LO is getting engaged at my next appointment, I seriously feel like he's going to fall out sometimes... He still has feet reaching my ribs and he'll push which makes him press on my cervix - think he's gonna be a long baby! I'm so excited to meet him but he's just so safe inside right now....

Of course, since I had to work extra time at work to even out my mat leave and flu from last week - it was snowing like mad this AM..... My car does NOT like the snow... Hoping it stops and stays away until I'm off....

I think mine's a long baby too. Even though the head is quite far down, I do feel the legs and feet very high up still - hubby's tall so it would make sense :)

Melly, I hope your baby turns and engages soon! x

The midwife said that 2nd babies don't always engage and turn until early stages of labor, but 90% will turn, so I'm hopeful!

Having my first cervix check tonight and strep test. How do they do the strep test?

They do a vaginal culture, really quick and painless just like a PAP

The strep test was just like a big QTip. It didn't hurt at all. In fact I didn't feel a thing.

The midwife said that 2nd babies don't always engage and turn until early stages of labor, but 90% will turn, so I'm hopeful!

Ds was back to back he did turn during labour though. He didn't engage till a few days before I had him either so a bit more hope for you.

Hi there! just found this group! I am due Jan. 11th with my second :yellow: bundle!

Went for my 36 week check up today and baby is still breech :( gutted ... got to go for a scan to make sure she is defiantly breech but not feeling to hopeful ... hope everyone else pregnancies are going well ... Not long left now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->