Early January Mum's

I'm an hour and a half away from home today as I've got a funeral to attend in the morning. I've been getting a heavy period/aching sensation low down and over my abdomen and very sharp pains low in my tummy area under my belly button which has been taking my breath away! Kind of like a full gassy feeling that radiates from my front to my back! Lots of pain in my cervix area too. not had a show or anything yet. There is nothing regular about it but it has been going on for around 5 hours now. I don't think anything is happening imminently or need to return home, I'm just quite uncomfortable. This is my first so I don't know if it means anything! Urgh, this pregnancy lark is so confusing!
X

I'm an hour and a half away from home today as I've got a funeral to attend in the morning. I've been getting a heavy period/aching sensation low down and over my abdomen and very sharp pains low in my tummy area under my belly button which has been taking my breath away! Kind of like a full gassy feeling that radiates from my front to my back! Lots of pain in my cervix area too. not had a show or anything yet. There is nothing regular about it but it has been going on for around 5 hours now. I don't think anything is happening imminently or need to return home, I'm just quite uncomfortable. This is my first so I don't know if it means anything! Urgh, this pregnancy lark is so confusing!
X

It could mean something, and you dont always get a show before you go into labour, infact most people dont loose their plug till their waters break and by that point your normally quite far into labour!

for me the start of labour was period type cramps in my lower abdoment with lower back pains, the cramping seemed to have no end, but the back pains came and went...after a few hours the pains had come around to the front and were still coming and going so I started timing them, thats how I found out I was in labour the first time.

so if they seem to start coming and going, then time them and see if theres any pattern.

good luck

Thanks pepsichic!
This period type pain has been constant throughout with peaks where the pressure gets particularly intense! The intensity varies though and isn't regular. I haven't had anything like this up until now. Wish I was at home!
X

Diggory - How long until you can come home? Hope its the start of something for you :hugs:

diggory - i know exactly the sensation you're describing. had it on and off for a few days now, although i *think* i've started losing plug too, so think it might be doing something useful.

fingers crossed yours become more productive than mine have thus far!

I'm half hoping its something, mostly hoping it goes away until I get home! The funeral is 10.30 tomorrow so I should be able to get home for about 2ish-3ish hopefully, but I'll need regular stops if this carries on as sitting/ reclining makes it worse. The hospital where I'm booked is another 45 minutes south from my house should I need it. My husband is with me, but its his grandmothers funeral so we need to stay for it really. I'm just hoping I don't wake up in the middle of the night with things progressing and not being able to get back in time! Ive got my hospital notes with me but nothing else. grrrr X

Diggs - Hoping its the start of something late late tomorrow :hugs: Hope you can get some sleep x

Morning Ladies, (Or afternoon, evening depending where you are :haha: :dohh: Its actually afternoon here though :haha:)

Pepsi - Looks like a BIG list of things to do :hugs: Hope you managed to get through it all. Pants on MIL 'popping' over! I'd have been pissed off with her to if she came over just to pick holes in things :grr: But I understand you have to grit your teeth and bare it for the sake of DH.

MissMummy - Awww that will be fun sorting through all the clothes :cloud9: Im guessing 00 is your newborn size over there? YAYY for getting your bag packed! :thumbup:

Chatty B - You are worse than me! :haha: Get that bag packed? Are you having a homebirth though? Hope that the plug loss isnt the start of anything I know you would rather baby turn up later rather than earlier.

Mommy M - Well done!!

AFM - Had a fab night yesterday at our little xmas party with friends. Didnt get home until 2.30am!! But having a lie in today. Ive got loads of jobs I need to do but really lacking in motivation! Fingers crossed only 4 days until moving day! xxx

Hope youre all having a lovely weekend xxx

No our baby clothing goes from 00000 up 00000 is for really tiny baby's most baby's start off in a 0000 :) 00 is what my sisters 8 month old has just grown out of :) I already have all the 00000 up to 000 sorted out :) but a lot of shops have just changed there sizeing so that its in months of age.

Miss mummy - I see! You're really sorted then!

Diggs - how are things this morning?

Had my 38wk mw today bumpy is 3 or 4/5th engaged she couldn't quite decide which as baby is so low. Also left hand lie but slightly posteria and keeps flipping back to back, so scrubbing the floor my hand today to encourage him round more. Getting me home birth kit delivered at 9:30am tomorrow :)

Got my 37 week appt this morning. Then my c-section is next thursday!!!!!
Its getting sooo close :happydance:

So exciting everyone....
I swear the last couple days I've got the nesting bug - I try and lay down for a nap and all I can think about is all the little things I should try and get done around the house/ baby room.... Last night I wrapped all the Xmas gifts (quite a few!) and got some more done in the nursery.....
Can't turn this brain off at night either.....

Anyone else?

Uurrgghhh! ME! Had a horrid night sleep last night and woke up at 5am again. Despite everything I still need to do, I went back up to bed when the kids left for school and slept until 12.30 ... And still feel knackered!!

I have a MW appt tomorrow but not feeling anything has really changed ... Still carrying low and baby's back is on my left anterior (perfect position :) ). He's not engaged at all yet but I think he's trying occasionally as I get a lot of bumps and pressure against the cervix, then nothing. Think ill try taking it easy today on the sofa and try not to give in to cleaning cravings!

I'm feeling sorry for myself today, I've still got a trapped nerve in my back and it's super painful to walk, paracetemol/hot water bottles etc aren't really doing much to help and I managed to get a Drs appointment this morning but he said there isn't much they can do and to just make sure I take the max dose of paracetemol. He did give me some exercises to do so I'll make sure I'm doing them but ow ow ow ow ow baby get off my sciatic nerve already! I'm mostly frustrated as I hate being immobile, I've got tons of stuff I want to do and can't because of my bloody back pain, I want to get on with the nesting already!!!!

On top of that I'm feeling sick and I'm having diarrhoea (not sure if my body is getting prepped or I've just eaten something bad!). Bleh. Feel so miserable!

Hope everyone else is good!

Rockelle - YAYY glad you had a good appointment :thumbup: REALLY exciting about getting your kit delivered tomorrow :yipee: I bet its making it feel very real now x

Mommy M - Cant believe you'll have your baby here so soon!!! :yipee: Hope all goes well tomorrow xxx

JCh - Yup Ive got the nesting bug too.... sometimes :haha: Once Im motivated I cant stop! Im not sleeping well either at night, far too much to think about.

Chatty - Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Get bouncing on your ball that will help get baby into position xxx

Bdg - Ive had a bit of a dodgy tummy too :hugs: I wasnt sure if it was just something that happens at this stage? Hope it isnt a sicky bug. Hope that you manage to get baby to move a bit to help your back :hugs: Does sitting on a birthing ball help?

AFM - 38 week docs check, BP fine, little bit of a urine infection but no anti B's. Baby is head down but not sure how down as it was hard to check today. Next appointment is with the MW at the hospital so if they cant feel it right next time they can scan me there. Im going to be booking that appointment for 40+3 so they can do a stretch and sweep while Im there if I want one.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Sambatiki - It helps whilst I'm sat down, but then I can quite happily sit on the sofa and feel no pain. It's when I get up and start walking that I suffer! Sorry to hear you've had a tummy thing too (hopefully it's our bodies getting ready to go rather than dodgy food/stomach bugs!) x

Just got back home from my appt.
Everything looks good, just got to wait till next thursday to meet my lil man.
I cant believe he is gonna be here next thursday
Dont have any more appts as my c-section is next week. Next time im in the hospital will be when im holding my lil man. :happydance:

my SPD literally kept me up in tears all night. Ive slept about 2 hours and now im trying to work and I have head packs on my hips and a pillow behind my back and ive taken pain killers but it hurts so bad.

its not even a case of me moving and it hurting...it just hurts all the time.

That sucks pepsi! I can manage sitting for a while or laying down for a bit but I can't for long as I wake up feeling almost paralyzed from the hip pain :(
I never knew how painful that part would be.....

Also, anyone still have an innie bellybutton? I do, the other night LO was trying to push it out - I popped it back in again and since he moved it's stayed in again... I really don't want an outie (even temporary.....) I just keep saying baby isn't ready as the "timer" hasn't popped... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->